inTank Media Baskets

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Asking for opinion isn't worthless at all, just sometimes you can follow your gut feeling. Through PMs I got a lot of advice of what to do to help it recover :)

I guess sometimes it works depending on the situation.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

Advice #1 don't touch it

#2 don't touch it

#3 don't touch it

I followed most of that with a

1.5: move higher

2.5: move lower

3.5: accept MetroKats wisdom and leave the poor animal alone. Animal heals.

HarryPotter

:rolleyes:

Woulda healed faster if you hadn't dipped it. but happy it is happy now.

Yeah.. In the future "MetroKat's advice is law".

You have free reign to refer to this long scenario if I ever become stubborn again :lol:

HarryPotter

I'd much rather just come over and beat you Harry. It's very effective. Or maybe not since I'm always hugging you too.

Yep........ LOL.

HarryPotter

This morning I fragged my Duncan coral. It has like 15 heads, so I took off a nice "Stem" with 5 heads on it.

There was a LOT of white slime, alarming because I thought I was just cutting skeleton.

Anyway, heres how it turned out. Mother colony top left, frag bottom right. Pardon the bad lighting- its early in the ramp.

9A1AB3FE-0113-416D-84A3-2E519B9A0070_zps

Veronica (our 10 month old cat) was scratching herself on the cactus so I snapped a picture. However then she licked it and got extremely irritated by the thorns (Which I assume are stuck in her tongue).

I tried to get her to calm down, but she ran off. Hopefully she will return in a few hours or appear around the block so I can catch her and take her to the vet if necessary

Veronica with evil Cactus

F0FD2799-A7C3-4C52-99DB-73CBAE4C1C6D_zps

Veronica acting like a Lion3B4D7198-849F-4A4C-BEBD-AC50BDCE89EE_zps

43A68ABE-6305-4C51-AA76-E02D9E998CCD_zps

Veronica playing around

F93534E8-EC6E-4FE9-B4C2-FB8DBF24EC80_zps

Summer is in full swing! Bamboo going crazy (They grow about 6" inches a day) and some sort of fern is climbing up our palm trees

Bamboo

5FCBBEF2-9FDB-48FC-8593-7A658843C40B_zps

Mystery awesome fern

D6D7FD06-0F7C-4684-AA26-EFB2A845A527_zps

Good frag job. I am never brave enough to do that. It all looks great. Sorry about your cat. I pray it all works out and she comes home soon.

Love the pictures. Very tropical looking back yard!

The Squamosa clan is 95% recovered!

(To everyone who said throw it out, HA)

I'm an idiot who will try no matter what to beat what "Will" happen haha

292C5352-CE65-458C-8EB5-8E608CB7654F_zps

Looking great, Harry!

I do ;)

one of my favorite fishes!

HarryPotter

That "fern" is actually a philodendron.

Is that native to Florida? We do not recall planting it, and they are growing up all of our palm trees.

HarryPotter

Good frag job. I am never brave enough to do that. It all looks great. Sorry about your cat. I pray it all works out and she comes home soon.

Thanks! Can you imagine the 1 acre was BARE when my parents got it?

Veronica is cute.

Thanks. Hoping she comes home tonight

Looking great, Harry!

one of my favorite fishes!

Thanks!

Yep love that fish too :)

The Squamosa clan is 95% recovered!

(To everyone who said throw it out, HA)

I'm an idiot who will try no matter what to beat what "Will" happen haha

292C5352-CE65-458C-8EB5-8E608CB7654F_zps

I never lost faith in that clam :wub:.

Is that native to Florida? We do not recall planting it, and they are growing up all of our palm trees.

We have those too. Yours is looking for light that's why it's stretching so much. Just like our corals do when they get shaded. Birds probably "planted" it for you
HarryPotter

I never lost faith in that clam :wub:.

We have those too. Yours is looking for light that's why it's stretching so much. Just like our corals do when they get shaded. Birds probably "planted" it for you

Huh.. I really like how it looks stretching like that. Its cool how it "grabs" onto the palm tree to pull itself up!

We now have a few dozenQ

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I believe it is.

HarryPotter

ANY MY FRAG LOOKS GOOD!

I cut a 5 head branch off a 15 head colony using my dremel.

I was concerned at the significant white slime that came out of the cut, but it looks great!

Now I have the 10 head colony and a 5 head "frag" (mini colony?)

D527078D-21E8-4634-A82D-A2416CA69C68_zps

The frag already looks fully extended!

I used a dremel with a diamond wheel blade :)

Duncan's frag very easy. Little messy but not horrible. I always use same method as you did Harry. Let that crap grow out Lol.

HarryPotter

Duncan's frag very easy. Little messy but not horrible. I always use same method as you did Harry. Let that crap grow out Lol.

Lol what method- impulsively decide to frag a coral?

I've let it grow out from 1 head (a year ago?) to 15. Now I can put some on the other side of the tank!

Or sell it/trade for a small torch coral?

HarryPotter

Cat is home and purring :wub: with no pain/apparent trauma from the Cactus thank god!

Cat is home and purring :wub: with no pain/apparent trauma from the Cactus thank god!

That is wonderful news!! God is so good. She is a very pretty little girl that wont be licking cactuses any more I bet!

Archived