Top Shelf Aquatics

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not home, it'll have to be tomorrow morning. Two mouths but one "anemone"?

Odd they usually don't do this. Plus they usually won't split until it they are about 5-7 inches.
HarryPotter

Odd they usually don't do this. Plus they usually won't split until it they are about 5-7 inches.

Glenn said it is possible (If not probable) after the stress from shipping AND the Vortech incident. Im not sure... I was confident they were separate yesterday but this morning it looked just odd.

Is this the one that ended up in pump? Maybe that caused it.

Yeah thats mine and Glenn's theory- stress from shipping & pump

Still weird that its not fully split yet... Hope it'll be okay

Glenn said it is possible (If not probable) after the stress from shipping AND the Vortech incident. Im not sure... I was confident they were separate yesterday but this morning it looked just odd.

Yeah thats mine and Glenn's theory- stress from shipping & pump

Still weird that its not fully split yet... Hope it'll be okay

Look forward to the pic. If it has 2 mouths I would cut the foot.
HarryPotter

Why not wait and see what it does on its own?

It looks like this sort of. One foot, two mouths. Not enough foot to safely cut

(NOT MY PICTURE)

P5140883_zpswslogyim.jpg

you can do that. I am just saying I would cut the foot because I have never seen a nem do that. They always seem to just rip apart. I have had 40-50 of them split in my time.
HarryPotter

you can do that. I am just saying I would cut the foot because I have never seen a nem do that. They always seem to just rip apart. I have had 40-50 of them split in my time.

See the above photo? Its one foot that can't really be cut in half.... Too thin. Two defined heads though...

That was the case at 4:00 AM though- perhaps when I get back it'll be different

It looks like this sort of. One foot, two mouths. Not enough foot to safely cut

(NOT MY PICTURE)

P5140883_zpswslogyim.jpg

I have seen that before. It's actually 1 mouth but looks like 2. 2 mouths it will tear right down the base. I thought you were saying it was only attached at the very bottom. Doubt it's going to split on you.
HarryPotter

I have seen that before. It's actually 1 mouth but looks like 2. 2 mouths it will tear right down the base. I thought you were saying it was only attached at the very bottom. Doubt it's going to split on you.

Huh... I thought there were two clearly defined mouths. Ill see tomorrow I guess (Lighting ramps up)

See the above photo? Its one foot that can't really be cut in half.... Too thin. Two defined heads though...

That was the case at 4:00 AM though- perhaps when I get back it'll be different

The mouth closes in the middle making it look like 2 mouths. See my above post I wouldn't cut it either. I said cut it when you said the foot was only attached. I thought you meant it was tore down the base and a little of the foot was just connected.
HarryPotter

Loved the tank video! You have a nice flow in your tank :).

Thanks!

I stuck my extra MP10 QD in the tank for flow but it just stirred up sand so after the anemone incident I left it out. May sell it (practically new) soon

Thanks!

I stuck my extra MP10 QD in the tank for flow but it just stirred up sand so after the anemone incident I left it out. May sell it (practically new) soon

I need a gentler flow in my tank but the AC filter is strong. I think I need to clip the impeller to slow it down even more. I like the flow you are getting.

He wouldn't mind anyway- very silly! I bet the food smells better as well (He LOVES cat food)

IMG_7783_zpsvurrjkqg.jpg

LOL yep its annoying! Right by my bedroom too!

Great picture of your pup! Missed this yesterday.

HarryPotter

Great picture of your pup! Missed this yesterday.

Thanks!

Time to brush him- I do it by feeding him pieces of dog food every 30 seconds while I brush. Works great haha

HarryPotter

I vote for moar puppy pictures

YES! I agree. More puppy pictures!

Okay, sure!! This is him this second- just gave him a heavy wash! Lol

2D59CE10-677C-4EFB-897B-D87CE883E2D4_zps

Nice fresh water set up for sure! We have 5 tanks in the house. Four fresh (all belonging to some of my kids) and my little reef.

Cute wet doggy pictures. That is a very thick coat to wash and dry!

HarryPotter

Nice fresh water set up for sure! We have 5 tanks in the house. Four fresh (all belonging to some of my kids) and my little reef.

Cute wet doggy pictures. That is a very thick coat to wash and dry!

Hmm we have

300 Gallon Cichlid tank (Main, display)

28 Gallon Cichlid tank (Breeder, in laundry room)

45 gallon Cichlid tank (In brothers room)

75 gallon freshwater (Display, in my room)

45 gallon Mixed Reef (Display, in my room)

Yep that little rascal takes about an hour to dry! Three towels and two hair driers lol- but now he looks great!

I also managed to brush off an entire pillowcase worth of fur! Amazing how much these dogs can shed :)

Archived