inTank Media Baskets

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Good pictures. The darkening is a good indicator of nutrients. Looks healthy to me.

Any ident? Or just pink acropora?

I am terrible at mounting frags, but it is slowly growing over the mountain of coral glue I used haha

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

I'm really pissed with my bottom right corner. It's going to hell with coral warfare.

Duncan is stinging Zoas, RFA took over Zoa Island (they're all moved to frag rack :( ), Ricordias were stung by Yuma, etc.

I'm going to do a severe clean out on that area hopefully. Probably screw the RFA and Frag Rock & sent that to the LFS lol

Here:

739DC21A-A49E-41CE-BEE5-F3C9EEB7A0F4_zps

HarryPotter

So I'm going to be gone for a week- Saturday to Sunday.

Pretty darn nervous! I've never been away from this tank that long.

So I've filled up the ATO Resovoir, unplugged the skimmer (which is being naughty and needs daily recalibration), and cleaned the glass.

I asked my dad to feed the fish a small pinch (~10 pellets) of food every night. Anything else? He had a reef tank when he was a teenager so would know if there is an issue

So I'm going to be gone for a week- Saturday to Sunday.

Pretty darn nervous! I've never been away from this tank that long.

So I've filled up the ATO Resovoir, unplugged the skimmer (which is being naughty and needs daily recalibration), and cleaned the glass.

I asked my dad to feed the fish a small pinch (~10 pellets) of food every night. Anything else? He had a reef tank when he was a teenager so would know if there is an issue

Pray all goes well for the time you are gone! With such light feeding I would think all will be well for just a week.

HarryPotter

GOOD LUCK ! I'm sure everything will be fine.

Thanks!

I left 10g of water next to the tank for an emergency. He knows how to change water if he must haha

Thanks!

I left 10g of water next to the tank for an emergency. He knows how to change water if he must haha

That is a good thing !

HarryPotter

Your bubble tip is so beautiful!

Thanks! I got it from Glenn at Coral Gardens Aquaculture. All his anemones are this gorgeous- totally love them. I got anther for my Uncle of the same quality and will get pictures of that one too when I can!!!!!

I'm so nervous about leaving my tank. Showed my dad the amount of food, and asked him to keep an eye out for the tank in general and send me photos of anything questionable

Yours is just prestine. Great photo. Is the nem that you got for your uncle the one that decided to go AWAL!

Your tank will be fine for a week with you gone because it is up to snuff and well mainained, especially if your dad has had a tank before. And cell phone pictures sent will help if anything looks amiss.

HarryPotter

i think the time apart will be good for you.

breathe.

it will all be fine.

Haha I know. I've actually been "taking it down a notch", in terms of only working on the tank once a week :).

Tank likes it better, I like it better. Need to do shit besides the tank haha

thecoralbeauty

Haha I know. I've actually been "taking it down a notch", in terms of only working on the tank once a week :).

Tank likes it better, I like it better. Need to do shit besides the tank haha

oh! oh! i know! school!

HarryPotter

oh! oh! i know! school!

eewwwwwww! Hey I'm done with APs, 1/2 of my IBs, SAT, ACT, and more. Just finishing up common app!

jedimasterben

Local store texted me this... Pretty awesome haha.

What do you think it is?

D9BE7C74-F804-43B9-A569-8DD64548593A_zps

Acropora are nearly impossible to identify without DNA testing. The best you will get to in most places is 'Acropora sp.'

HarryPotter

Bunch of these Urchins washed up on the beach!

They're alive so I'm throwing them as far as I can past the sand bar ;)

A90717BB-EF03-41F3-B730-62E927C24923_zps

HarryPotter

i think the time apart will be good for you.

breathe.

it will all be fine.

I can't escape the reef!

93C289BD-A527-4C2A-95C4-5707723C2441_zps

I think I like biology

7C78BF2C-C66E-4743-BDDB-F5836A85C9FE_zps

Loving this

52FC9F85-97FD-4E1D-988B-716A9BBC0B77_zps

Looks like a nice relaxing time. I just wanted to sit down at that table and enjoy the view. A walk on the beach would be nice too. Enjoy your vacation time away!

HarryPotter

I found some INCREDIBLE shells today.

Of course the "nicest" ones have critters in them and have to be thrown back, but I love what I found. Tomorrow might head to the Sanibel Museum, which apparently has an incredible shell exhibit.

This is my favorite-

I believe it's called a "tiger eye".

489E4C12-2725-472E-93E1-B52DBA4C6B1A_zps

0D644FE1-8973-435F-B594-A07975C8E048_zps

Looks like a nice relaxing time. I just wanted to sit down at that table and enjoy the view. A walk on the beach would be nice too. Enjoy your vacation time away!

Thanks! It's very nice. Family from around the US all meeting at Sanibel- a 20+ year tradition :)

Very pretty! Empty one to keep?

I went to the gem and mineral show this weekend that was in our area and had a really great time looking at fossils, minerals and gems. Alot of fossils sea life. Very cool!

HarryPotter

Very pretty! Empty one to keep?

I went to the gem and mineral show this weekend that was in our area and had a really great time looking at fossils, minerals and gems. Alot of fossils sea life. Very cool!

Yep- empty of critters! So it's MINE! BWAHAHAHAHHA

A bunch of people were collecting sand dollars and I was like "nope". Gave a brief lecture about how 1. That's illegal and 2. They're killing them :(

Archived