ReefCleaners.org

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ok thanks I will ask her which ones she has thanks dude !!! I think its a Russian tortoise does that sound familiar?

I would recommend zoo med grassland tortoise food.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canon T3i with 70-300mm IS, 55-200mm, two macro lenses. About 6 batteries and in perfect condition, all for $350. Very tempting......

Anyone know about DSLRs?

Canon T3i with 70-300mm IS, 55-200mm, two macro lenses. About 6 batteries and in perfect condition, all for $350. Very tempting......

Anyone know about DSLRs?

Yeah, the glass is the most important thing to consider. Camera bodies come and go, but glass lasts forever. The macro lenses if true 1:1 will be the most desireable out of the four (to me anyway). That might be a really good price depending on just which lenses they are--a 70-300mm can fetch $650 new, $280 used, the 55-200 $300 new $150 used. The camera body has been discontinued, but you can still get NIB units for $460 and used for about $260 or so. Agian, don't buy it for the camera body, but for the lenses.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Is the stuff stolen?

How about using 1/2 tubing as well to make sure it's sucked up and all the spores are removed?

The bubbles can be quite hard when they are small--hard to break open. I use a sharp awl to dig just under the bubbles and pry off a small chunk of rock along with the bubbles. That way you get the roots and all. If you just remove the bubble, it will grow back. Just stick the awl under the bubble and wiggle it into the rock as you pry up.

I had four or five bubbles show up in my tank and I removed them like that and they have not come back.

Yeah, the glass is the most important thing to consider. Camera bodies come and go, but glass lasts forever. The macro lenses if true 1:1 will be the most desireable out of the four (to me anyway). That might be a really good price depending on just which lenses they are--a 70-300mm can fetch $650 new, $280 used, the 55-200 $300 new $150 used. The camera body has been discontinued, but you can still get NIB units for $460 and used for about $260 or so. Agian, don't buy it for the camera body, but for the lenses.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Is the stuff stolen?

Not stolen, its my sister's. She won the body and the 55-200mm IS at a fundraiser and bought the macro lenses and other accessories herself. However she's off to college and would rather $$$ than a camera, so made that offer to me.

Good for tank photos? ;)

Im going to check out each lens online and make sure I have the details right before handing the $$ over.

She also said I could try it out for a month or so; which gives me time to practice and see if I like the Macro shots

Not stolen, its my sister's. She won the body and the 55-200mm IS at a fundraiser and bought the macro lenses and other accessories herself. However she's off to college and would rather $$$ than a camera, so made that offer to me.

Good for tank photos? ;)

Im going to check out each lens online and make sure I have the details right before handing the $$ over.

She also said I could try it out for a month or so; which gives me time to practice and see if I like the Macro shots

Nice. Yes, great for tanks shots.

The macro 1:1 lenses will be the best for close tank shots. I have a 150mm 1:1 and a 35mm 1:1. I also use a 2X teleconverter so I effectively have a 300mm and 70mm lense too. You're gonna need a tripod though.

You can't lose on the deal. You could sell the two non macro lenses and make all you money back and then some. Get the details of just what they are though and do some checking. Check adorama and BH for used prices.

Purple stylo looks deeper purple every time you post a picture! Love it. Tank looks great! Also your poodles still rockin the groom job you did! Still looks great!

Purple Durple

26306409-83FA-40AC-B3BD-F39F2FFD0CFA_zps

FTS

CBCD1969-5532-4C08-A1DF-3015928FDCFD_zps

This Ricordia REALLY needs to split soon... Like what the heck! It's huge! 4.5" wide :lol:

566EB02A-962B-43A7-91C2-418F60207B68_zps

And clams still look really happy. Great growth lines and nice extension always :)

E30246E7-B430-4F0D-8895-EE74490AE0E8_zps

What is your pipe organ doing way in the back behind the rockwork? Very big piece!

It's huge! Size of two fists. I grew it out from a small frag :)

Problem is that it colonized wherever it touches- rock, coral, back wall, etc. It needs to be controlled lol

It's huge! Size of two fists. I grew it out from a small frag :)

Problem is that it colonized wherever it touches- rock, coral, back wall, etc. It needs to be controlled lol

Must be a very happy pipe as they usually are not that invasive! It is a very nice piece... I love seeing things grow out from when I got them as a small frag.

Must be a very happy pipe as they usually are not that invasive! It is a very nice piece... I love seeing things grow out from when I got them as a small frag.

Yeah its very cool!

I get unlimited frags from it, like below

IMG_9228%202_zpsgcwiqil5.jpg

Even single polyps grow :)

IMG_9231%202_zpstvj0cyhb.jpg

:wub:

Okay... I need advice again. I'm quoting you since last time you told me what an idiot I was for running a full sized reactor without measuring media... Am I doing the same thing again?

0.00 phosphate on both Hanna and Salifert. I'm so confused and don't know if I should do something.

I have an innovative marine Midsize reactor running chemi pure blue nano packets (6), a full sized bag of chemi pure blue in a media basket, and the skimmer running. Damnit...

I could remove most (or all) of the chemi pure blue, since I'm using it like my 45 was a 110 for water cleanliness?

I'm thinking remove the full sized bag (good for 50+ gallons) and remove most of the nano pouches of chemipure blue.

Any advice? My acropora and montipora are doing well though, which confuses me because I thought some phosphate was ideal.

Markalot suggested that if it was really 0.00 everything would be dead.. So I'm having a testing issue? I'll order a Nitrate test kit soon :)

Ordered the ESV 1 gallon package (2 gallons total) to refill me Ca and Alk supply.

According to my calculations, I use 12ml each daily (which will rise exponentially, but I'm ignoring that), so the 3785.41 ml in a gallon will last 315 days.

Not too shabby... A year of dosing for $35 :)

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/esv-b-ionic-calcium-buffer-system.html

Have you used B-ionic before and do you like it?

Theres different concentrations. Might wana check that.

Of B-ionic? I thought the 1g solution was the same concentration as the 32oz solution I have been using for the past.

Ill double check that before changing over- thanks :)

Have you used B-ionic before and do you like it?

Yep, thats all I've been dosing. My tank is happy and levels spot on, so yeah I like it. I can't compare to anything besides Kent A&B Nano, which was terrible because I would need like 1/2 cup a day ($$$$)!

B-Ionic is relatively cheap and works perfectly for keeping up my Ca and Alk, so I would give it a 10/10.

Moving this over to new page from yesterday:

CBCD1969-5532-4C08-A1DF-3015928FDCFD_zps

Okay... I need advice again. I'm quoting you since last time you told me what an idiot I was for running a full sized reactor without measuring media... Am I doing the same thing again?

0.00 phosphate on both Hanna and Salifert. I'm so confused and don't know if I should do something.

I have an innovative marine Midsize reactor running chemi pure blue nano packets (6), a full sized bag of chemi pure blue in a media basket, and the skimmer running. Damnit...

I could remove most (or all) of the chemi pure blue, since I'm using it like my 45 was a 110 for water cleanliness?

I'm thinking remove the full sized bag (good for 50+ gallons) and remove most of the nano pouches of chemipure blue.

Any advice? My acropora and montipora are doing well though, which confuses me because I thought some phosphate was ideal.

Markalot suggested that if it was really 0.00 everything would be dead.. So I'm having a testing issue? I'll order a Nitrate test kit soon :)

I really can't offer much advice, but I will tell you I took my phosphates and nitrates down way too much by mistake (close to 0) and lost a bunch of SPS. They started peeling as of yesterday AM. So, yeah, I would agree with Markalot that if the numbers were truly 0, everything would be dead.

Of B-ionic? I thought the 1g solution was the same concentration as the 32oz solution I have been using for the past. Ill double check that before changing over- thanks :) Yep, thats all I've been dosing. My tank is happy and levels spot on, so yeah I like it. I can't compare to anything besides Kent A&B Nano, which was terrible because I would need like 1/2 cup a day ($$$$)! B-Ionic is relatively cheap and works perfectly for keeping up my Ca and Alk, so I would give it a 10/10.Moving this over to new page from yesterday:CBCD1969-5532-4C08-A1DF-3015928FDCFD_zps

Looking very nice Harry!

Tank looks good. I would have made much better use of those nano packets of chemipure blue Harry. I actually have a 5G tank it's perfect for. That suggestion they gave you to put it in a reactor didn't sit right with me. I'm not saying it's bad - no. I'm saying if you need THAT much media go with a regular chemipure blue portion.

Of B-ionic? I thought the 1g solution was the same concentration as the 32oz solution I have been using for the past.

Ill double check that before changing over- thanks :)

Thought u were changing brands. When i switched i didnt realize that they had different concentrations, ended up not dosing enough.

Looking very nice Harry!

Thanks! :)

Tank looks good. I would have made much better use of those nano packets of chemipure blue Harry. I actually have a 5G tank it's perfect for. That suggestion they gave you to put it in a reactor didn't sit right with me. I'm not saying it's bad - no. I'm saying if you need THAT much media go with a regular chemipure blue portion.

Okay, sounds good lol.

My biggest pet peeve with the tank is the small patch of bubble algae since I'm paranoid it will spread. Growl. Need to deal with that this week

Archived