Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

I like it harry. I'd say give the new frags a couple weeks to "stabalize" before shocking with freight. I defiantly want, but need to wait to see what my birdsnest do.

Yeah they definitely need a few weeks. In the meantime I am going to see how I could frag my Sunset Montipora (Orange with Green Polyps)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Successful!

I fragged Montipora Undata and a small piece of Sunset Montipora.

I'm also experimenting with a piece of red and green Montipora (both capriconis) on one frag. How will they grow- together? Apart? Kill eachother?

4975C89D-DC54-4210-AB1D-28DF4195EA37_zps

Blurry top down!

I tried to turn off the Radion to avoid the puck being seen in the picture, but then the tank was dark. I'm an idiot lol.

E01E8B4B-1BCB-496F-B0CA-EE052B5B5D90_zps

Do you turn off your pumps and powerheads? I have so much surface movement

Yeah, I turned everything off.

Flooded the skimmer as well lol :(

I have a nice amount of surface agitation from the Vortech and two returns

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

$15? It needs some time to grow out Check out this Berry Holigram!73BD24BE-193F-408D-9951-91DC26D40711_zps

Sounds great! PM me when ready. :)

Really really really thrilled on how this acropora is developing. It's encrusted like mad and the coloration is AMAZING (In my humble opinion)

It seems to be developing slightly orange polyps?

BC0217DC-B6A2-432F-BFB1-6FB444C96C8E_zps

I like that color it is developing!

Thanks! :)

I am going to try to get a piece of green slimer somewhere soon. Thats one of my favorite acropora just because the neon green.

Diluted and ready to go... A years worth of dosing with two containers of B-ionic

Don't be too sure about that Harry. As your SPS and clams grow, their need for calcium and carbonate increases. Also, coralline algae is a huge user of alkalinity so as that increases, grows on your glass, back wall (scraped or not is not the point), it uses up those supplements too. That's the reason to check alk/cal routinely, to see if you're on track and to make sure the dosing is commensurate with the growth/usage in your tank.

Don't be too sure about that Harry. As your SPS and clams grow, their need for calcium and carbonate increases. Also, coralline algae is a huge user of alkalinity so as that increases, grows on your glass, back wall (scraped or not is not the point), it uses up those supplements too. That's the reason to check alk/cal routinely, to see if you're on track and to make sure the dosing is commensurate with the growth/usage in your tank.

Oh yeah that makes sense, more/bigger coral= more demand.

One question, I see most tanks have a Ca of 450. Mine is above 500, off the scale for Salifert. Alk is fine though, stable at 8.2.

Is that a problem? Should I reduce Ca dosage?

Why are you dosing it if it is elevated?

Um because you have to dose equal parts A&B?

That's what it says on the bottle,no? So I'm dosing 12ml each part daily?

Archived