Top Shelf Aquatics

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Harry what didn't you like about the gyre I'm still stuck between that and an MP10? From videos I have seen the Gyre moves the water pretty amazing, but it doesn't have as many functions as the MP10. HELP !!!! LOL

Lol dunno

Might need a MP40 though for that size

My view while surfing NanoReef

1FA34460-E76A-4027-9CE5-6256BD436AEF_zps

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol dunno

Might need a MP40 though for that size

My view while surfing NanoReef

1FA34460-E76A-4027-9CE5-6256BD436AEF_zps

I envy you right now lol ! But I have read people using an MP10 on the versa 42, So you think it might not be enough flow?

I envy you right now lol ! But I have read people using an MP10 on the versa 42, So you think it might not be enough flow?

I'm not sure. I wasn't happy with the MP10 on my tank, 27x21x19 tall, and ended up using a MP40. The MP40 gives a wider blast of water, so it's not just a streak.

From what I've seen, the Gyres seem pretty awesome. Although it wouldn't work in my tank due to layout, it's definitely a good option

I'm not sure. I wasn't happy with the MP10 on my tank, 27x21x19 tall, and ended up using a MP40. The MP40 gives a wider blast of water, so it's not just a streak.

From what I've seen, the Gyres seem pretty awesome. Although it wouldn't work in my tank due to layout, it's definitely a good option

Yeah that is what I am concerned about with the MP10 I'm scared that it doesn't do the job because according to Ecotech my glass is to thick for an MP10 and they recommend a MP40 thats why I posted that thread a while back where you posted the comment you found on google about the cadlights using two MP10s, But I wonder how they are working for him, and the Gyre tends to move the water pretty well from what I saw in the video. The only thing I did not like was that it only has three modes compared to the vortech and an MP40 is pricey. Also with the GYRE the cord is in the tank but I rather get something that will the job.

Yeah that is what I am concerned about with the MP10 I'm scared that it doesn't do the job because according to Ecotech my glass is to thick for an MP10 and they recommend a MP40 thats why I posted that thread a while back where you posted the comment you found on google about the cadlights using two MP10s, But I wonder how they are working for him, and the Gyre tends to move the water pretty well from what I saw in the video. The only thing I did not like was that it only has three modes compared to the vortech and an MP40 is pricey. Also with the GYRE the cord is in the tank but I rather get something that will the job.

I dunno. But I fed the acan and it ate a ton :)

The shrimp didn't bother it either

I dunno. But I fed the acan and it ate a ton :)

The shrimp didn't bother it either

Yeah I am going to do more research and see what I can find. I might end up going with the GYRE worst case If I do not like it I can use it until I can save for an MP40 and then sell it.

Your acan should be fine wherever you put it. If it's getting too much light the colors will fade but it will still grow and get puffy anyway.

Jorgiee: I have an mp10; I spent the first week playing with all sixteen modes, then I set it on reefcrest (aka random) mode and haven't touched it since. My point is, don't let the difference in the number of modes be a key difference for you.

Your acan should be fine wherever you put it. If it's getting too much light the colors will fade but it will still grow and get puffy anyway.

Jorgiee: I have an mp10; I spent the first week playing with all sixteen modes, then I set it on reefcrest (aka random) mode and haven't touched it since. My point is, don't let the difference in the number of modes be a key difference for you.

Yeah I am really not letting that or the cord being in the tank bother me. I just want it to be able to do its job and as of right now I think the MP10 is probably not as option for my tank because if harry didn't like it on his tank my tank is bigger so it will probably not work since the glass is to thick for it and an MP40 is to much money so I am hoping the GYRE works with the layout of my tank which it should.

27E5286A-92BF-40BA-8158-5E2574BFD26E_zps

FE73A020-6866-400C-839B-CF5E274A88F6_zps

Well this is the "Baseline", brand new color. If it starts to change I can compare it to this and adjust placement accordingly :)

30958DBC-3335-44CD-9BAD-429CCC941EA9_zps

Harry tank is looking great! Made up my mind I'm going with the Gyre 130 now I'm thinking of where I should up it on the side or the back of my tank.

Harry tank is looking great! Made up my mind I'm going with the Gyre 130 now I'm thinking of where I should up it on the side or the back of my tank.

You don't have to decide now where to put it; experiment!

You don't have to decide now where to put it; experiment!

Yeah right lol thats my only option I ordered it not to long ago so once it arrives ill play with it.

harry,

was the purple stylo shipped to you? They are hard as hell to kill but hate shipping for some reason. If it continues to STN then take it out and paint the dead areas with superglue, that worked well for me when I got a half dead green stylo shipped.

47A6B00B-296E-4C32-A9F0-358D228D413C_zps

harry,

was the purple stylo shipped to you? They are hard as hell to kill but hate shipping for some reason. If it continues to STN then take it out and paint the dead areas with superglue, that worked well for me when I got a half dead green stylo shipped.

No, I got it from a member here. the frags I made have great PE and the base seems to be recovering after I did the iodine dip. I'll keep superglue in mind :)

Harry what is that eshoppes tube holder on the back of your tank?

Yeah its the Eshopps tube holder. Thats where I dose Ca and Alk :)

Bought it at RAP with you!

(It doesn't hit the ATO switch or anything, it drips direct into the water)

MetroKat, why are my is the acropora still so BROWN!?!

Poor, poor, pipe organ. Dropped, shattered and still in the back of the tank! :) Still looks like a good sized piece you kept though. How quickly does it grow for you?

Love seeing your dog. He is so pretty.

Archived