Pod Your Reef

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8A8BD53C-1A06-418B-8756-0126F635B344_zps

Right after 5g water change. I'll do another 5g water change tomorrow, and and another the day after that.

Changed all the floss, now thinking about changing filter media with new pouch of chemipure blue

I traded 5x pipe organ frags for a small acan frag.

Don't worry Moms2many, I saved the three nicest frags for you!

Yippe!!! Thank you! And good trade!

Purdy new acan frag. Love the colors.

Tank looks so good! You moved the purple stylo?

I clean mine tomorrow. i cant wait.

Yippe!!! Thank you! And good trade!

Purdy new acan frag. Love the colors.

Tank looks so good! You moved the purple stylo?

I clean mine tomorrow. i cant wait.

Thanks! The purple stylophora had severe STN from either a pest or lighting. I made three nice sized frags, and dipped the frags and the main base in Iodine. I'm hoping it gets better- I've never had a coral STN before and it's sort of nerve racking!

Make your tank shine!

Thanks! The purple stylophora had severe STN from either a pest or lighting. I made three nice sized frags, and dipped the frags and the main base in Iodine. I'm hoping it gets better- I've never had a coral STN before and it's sort of nerve racking!

Make your tank shine!

Sorry to hear about the STN. Hope it recovers. It was a nice piece and purpling up nicely. I recently had that happen as well to my Red Planet. Very frustrating as it was fine for about a month and then it happened. I had to frag mine as well. It can be frustrating when we dont really know why.

8A8BD53C-1A06-418B-8756-0126F635B344_zps

Right after 5g water change. I'll do another 5g water change tomorrow, and and another the day after that.

Changed all the floss, now thinking about changing filter media with new pouch of chemipure blue

Looks very nice! That new acan frag is sweet :)

Where did you get that can form VIP?

No. I went to VIP on my way to tamiami airport and bought Iodine dip, chemipure blue, and frag plugs.

Later I went to house of fins and got 20g of water and traded 4 pipe organ frags for the acan :)

Looks very nice! That new acan frag is sweet :)

Thanks! I was supposed to see it already has like 4 baby heads in addition to the three big ones!

Do I need to feed it, or is broadcast feeding the tank enough?

Nice !! you don't really need to feed them, but if you decide to turn off your pumps and out a pieces of mysis on top of the heads

Sounds good :)

Glad I got rid of some pipe organ haha... Now I have three frags left. I think two are going to Mom2many

Glad I got rid of some pipe organ haha... Now I have three frags left. I think two are going to Mom2many

You cant go wrong with doing a trade :)

Mom2many says yes sir! Just let me know when and how much $ !

No. I went to VIP on my way to tamiami airport and bought Iodine dip, chemipure blue, and frag plugs.

Later I went to house of fins and got 20g of water and traded 4 pipe organ frags for the acan :)

Thanks! I was supposed to see it already has like 4 baby heads in addition to the three big ones!

Do I need to feed it, or is broadcast feeding the tank enough?

Depends how fast you want them to grow. In my tanks they stay stable when I don't feed them, and get super puffy and get big when I do. I feed mine mysis, brine shrimp, or pe calanus, just depending on what I'm feeding the rest of the tank.

Ps: they may need to be trained for a while. Even if they don't put out feeding tentacles, you can leave something on their mouths and they'll eat it after five or ten minutes. Pumps off, of course.

Depends how fast you want them to grow. In my tanks they stay stable when I don't feed them, and get super puffy and get big when I do. I feed mine mysis, brine shrimp, or pe calanus, just depending on what I'm feeding the rest of the tank.

Ps: they may need to be trained for a while. Even if they don't put out feeding tentacles, you can leave something on their mouths and they'll eat it after five or ten minutes. Pumps off, of course.

Im planning on feeding my tank once a week, using one mysis cube and one brine cube. For the Acan I will feed it and then cover it with a glass cup to make sure it gets enough food with the pesky cleaner shrimp

righttirefire

I only turn my pumps off for water changes.

And I turn off only my return pump, leave mp10 on, for spot and broadcast feeding reef roids.

You made out on that deal. I wish I could trade reef AIDS for nice acans.

It it a "Nice" one? Regular? Anything is better than pipe organ, so he let me pick out of the $20 rack

Given the picture above, do you thing it'll get too much light right under the Radion on the sand bed?

Harry what didn't you like about the gyre I'm still stuck between that and an MP10? From videos I have seen the Gyre moves the water pretty amazing, but it doesn't have as many functions as the MP10. HELP !!!! LOL

Archived