Top Shelf Aquatics

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

My LFS is willing to frag me a sliver of green monti with the purple edge... temping but I'm thinking rescape

Leng Si cap? Shouldn't be TOO expensive, no more than $25 for a 1x1 piece.

Why rescape? Just bored/annoyed with current scape or is there going to be a larger change in your setup?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a pedestal fan blowing at my tank to keep temperature under 80

Hows the evaporation? I was really enjoying that I only needed to refill ATO supply every ~10 days!

righttirefire

20150904_143444_zpsgfbiupgu.jpg

I guess I haven't posted a FTS in a long time. You can see my BTAs. Torch, hammer, and frogspawn. Having a less than "par" light. I need my sps high in the column and away from sweepers and stings.

Hows the evaporation? I was really enjoying that I only needed to refill ATO supply every ~10 days!

10 days? wow. I have a 2G ATO reservoir, I only keep 1G in it at all times so I fill mine everyday.

As for evaporation - every tank is different.

10 days? wow. I have a 2G ATO reservoir, I only keep 1G in it at all times so I fill mine everyday.

As for evaporation - every tank is different.

I keep a 5g reservoir for my 45 gallon. I really trust my ATO (Tunze 3155, full version with cut off) and its really nice.

ALSO, no controller. I wouldn't want to run the fan 24/7 probably, but I don't have an Apex! :(

20150904_143444_zpsgfbiupgu.jpg

I guess I haven't posted a FTS in a long time. You can see my BTAs. Torch, hammer, and frogspawn. Having a less than "par" light. I need my sps high in the column and away from sweepers and stings.

You're tank looks so clean, thats awesome :)

I just need an lps tank, anenome tank, and trial tank

I evap. About 1 gallon a week...

I need a predator tank, macro tank, SPS triton tank, mixed reef, seahorse tank, LPS tank, species specific tank (x5), etc.

Thanks harry. It's simple. And young. AND I'm cheap. I like grow out. Am I just giving everything too much space?

Ive been kicking myself in the butt for too much coral haha... Things touching and fighting and suck. A rock anemone moved onto my Alternative Reef Zoa rock and is just stinging freaking everything!!! I can't get it off though :(

I keep a 5g reservoir for my 45 gallon. I really trust my ATO (Tunze 3155, full version with cut off) and its really nice.

ALSO, no controller. I wouldn't want to run the fan 24/7 probably, but I don't have an Apex! :(

Put a fan and monitor how low the temperature gets, with a/c on, without, at night, daytime. gives you an idea of the fan run time.

The $40 controller from reef safe solutions is cool.

Lower the heater temp to 79F and put a fan on the tank or sump 24/7.

I'll do this tomorrow, with a JBJ C-Breeze fan I already have. Thanks!

Put a fan and monitor how low the temperature gets, with a/c on, without, at night, daytime. gives you an idea of the fan run time.

The $40 controller from reef safe solutions is cool.

AC is 74 at night, 76 during the day. For now I'll do Markalot's idea of using the fan 24:7 and holding the temperature against the heater!

I thought the Reef Safe Solutions controller is a rip-off since you can get the same controller for roughly $17 on ebay; but if the reviews are good (a bunch of people just bought one) maybe it's in my future

Sounds great!

Here's a nice frag

70C6E6CB-CF4C-4A97-8526-AB3CA51587CA_zps

The others aren't as "clean" looking

D6874088-0090-4819-9BD2-3B6A38A84223_zps

Is this frag just going to die in a few days? I fragged it very close to the polyp by accident :(

1B8FDCB3-01B4-4ED2-BAE1-CFACBF9E834F_zps

I'll do this tomorrow, with a JBJ C-Breeze fan I already have. Thanks!

AC is 74 at night, 76 during the day. For now I'll do Markalot's idea of using the fan 24:7 and holding the temperature against the heater!

I thought the Reef Safe Solutions controller is a rip-off since you can get the same controller for roughly $17 on ebay; but if the reviews are good (a bunch of people just bought one) maybe it's in my future

link me to the $17 ebay controller

Doesn't mount. This is RSS

TC1_Back.png

So the ebay product is a DIY box, the RSS product is fully finished. Not sure if you still consider it a rip off. A JBJ temp controller is in the $80 range and that just controls the heater. It's like you saw the heading on ebay, saw $16 and said pffft RSS is a rip off without seeing the actual product.

:slap:

Doesn't mount. This is RSS

So the ebay product is a DIY box, the RSS product is fully finished. Not sure if you still consider it a rip off. A JBJ temp controller is in the $80 range and that just controls the heater. It's like you saw the heading on ebay, saw $16 and said pffft RSS is a rip off without seeing the actual product.

:slap:

I looked at it online, googled the STC-1000, saw that. It only shows the front view so I thought it was plug-and-play

Archived