Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

VorTech Quietdrive?

Ahanix

I'm kinda dissapointed they didn't change the physical design of the driver, I have one with a broken button and (IMO) those buttons are a terrible design.

anyway, get to reviewin' B)

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Since ben doesn't understand or like my Brick wall comparision maybe this will make more sense...

Gyre = Force = Rape

Corals = Animals

Don't rape your animals... Just say no to a forceful gyre :lol:

So what you're saying is that corals can't survive in the ocean due to the velocities experienced there (which can and do far exceed what even the Gyre is capable of), and, in addition, people are unable to have high-velocity flow through the use of multiple powerheads or closed loop systems in their displays because it will rape their corals. Got it.

Not bad at all. I don't like how the new QD aren't compatiable with Apex.

They are, mine is synced up with a WXM. Should be certified and updated by the QD release.

For how much?

50 mink pelts IIRC

from ecotech:

"Pennsylvania-based EcoTech Marine and Iowa-based Aqua Illumination (AI) have announced that the two companies have merged their ownership structures to better meet the needs of consumers."

"merged ownership structures" is PR talk for somebody bought somebody else.

So what you're saying is that corals can't survive in the ocean due to the velocities experienced there (which can and do far exceed what even the Gyre is capable of), and, in addition, people are unable to have high-velocity flow through the use of multiple powerheads or closed loop systems in their displays because it will rape their corals. Got it.

So what your saying is corals don't already get the flesh ripped off them by to much flow from gentler pumps already because they can withstand more velocities in the ocean. Hell if thats the case why did you feel the need to turn the 150 down in your tank shouldn't you have been lusting for more instead? :lol:

There is a difference between alot of flow, and alot of force ;) Flow is good, force is not. Vortecs create flow, gayres create force.

I have read TONS of people complaining about noise. I have owned about 7 MP 10's and 3 40's and mine have all been quiet. Maybe I am just lucky or hard of hearing :)

Maybe I have some psychic connection with vortechs or something that they bother the heck out of me. I have now had 3 MP10's (2 were purchased new) and 2 MP40's (1 was purchased new). I used to run them in night mode during the afternoon and evening so I could stand being in the same room as the tank. Same thing when I visit other people's tanks with them. It's like as soon as I walk in the room, I can tell they're running. Otherwise I like the flow options and size way better than what I am currently using.

Maybe I have some psychic connection with vortechs or something that they bother the heck out of me. I have now had 3 MP10's (2 were purchased new) and 2 MP40's (1 was purchased new). I used to run them in night mode during the afternoon and evening so I could stand being in the same room as the tank. Same thing when I visit other people's tanks with them. It's like as soon as I walk in the room, I can tell they're running. Otherwise I like the flow options and size way better than what I am currently using.

that's odd, I have two of them running in my bedroom, granted they're on night mode while I'm sleeping, but heck my return pump and my led light are both louder than the mp10s.

There is also a hot thread on the Quiet Drive on RC as well. Someone also posted an interesting point about the noise from the Vortechs. Apparently while many put the problem on the bearings, it seems like. While many replaced the bearings, doing so did not eliminate the noise. They state the noise in fact was coming from the digital signal it was receiving form the driver. Bearing replacement made no difference for some.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2478628

I have an MP10 (old style) in a shopping cart after the price drop but this noise talk has me concerned..

I have an MP10 (old style) in a shopping cart after the price drop but this noise talk has me concerned..

Honestly, I've never understood why people were willing to pay so much for them when it's pretty much common knowledge that they are/get noisy or defective to the point of needing to be repaired. When you consider that, the only difference between them and a Jebao is literally the wire on the outside of the tank vs the inside and the 300%+ price increase.

jedimasterben

I like how they mention that it raises the efficiency of the MP40 which ups the flow to 4500GPH... but fails to mention that it uses 10 more watts of power to do so, which doesn't mean that it's more efficient, just means that they upped the power.

I never thought the MP10 was noisy. The Larger ones prob were way more.

If it's not in a bedroom save your cash if needed, the hype is brilliant marketing.

Oh and we dropped our price and lose now. Thanks EcoTech......

Lol Jake finally shaved his Muslim beard

jedimasterben

Oh and we dropped our price and lose now. Thanks EcoTech......

That's definitely the shitty part of all of this. Margins could have been better as they were, but now... :(

That's definitely the shitty part of all of this. Margins could have been better as they were, but now... :(

####ing right. They could have done this way better on their actual customers, the dealers. This all drops this week and we are left in the dark holding now obsolete inventory purchased at normal price. Luckily I have a few left over from the BF sale which we buy reduced at as expected. But not all. With free outbound shipping, inbound from ETM, handling,paying shipping Jeff it's a loss. No notice whatsoever to reduce MAP today, if I wasn't tipped off it be still the same.

They focused on these threads, avatars, and YouTube reviews creating hype and not taking care of their real customers.

And a Friday night too when I should be doing hookers and blow and not updating the company pricing structure.

Archived