Innovative Marine Aquariums

VorTech Quietdrive?

Ahanix

reefernanoman

Just a heads up I was in contact with Ecotech support and they sent me a new pump and it's so much quieter now. Very good buy IMO

Yeah, it must have been too loud if you could hear it from 20 ft away!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up I was in contact with Ecotech support and they sent me a new pump and it's so much quieter now. Very good buy IMO

How the heck did you get a whole new pump lol? I've been having the same problems with mine and when I emailed them they said let it "break in" for 2-3 weeks...

How the heck did you get a whole new pump lol? I've been having the same problems with mine and when I emailed them they said let it "break in" for 2-3 weeks...

This was after the break in process, I got mine pretty much immediately after they were released.

This was after the break in process, I got mine pretty much immediately after they were released.

Oh ok, that makes me feel a little better and kinda nervous at the same time since yours never got quieter.

I think they just had a ton of faulty wet sides with the quiet drives mp-10's because this is the 5th or 6th one I've heard with the same problem. Mine's been "breaking in" for over 2 weeks and hasn't gotten any quieter.

I got a replacement pump from Ecotech, just as noisy as the one it replaced. So f'ing frustrated right now. Maybe there was a break-in period with my older style MP-10 (I can't remember)..all I know it was a whole lot quieter than my newer pump.

I'm prepared to upgrade to the MP40-QD

And run it dialed down on my 40gal ADA.

The most important thing to me is dead silent

Operation.

Certainly do not want a replacement mp10 with the same

Noise Issue. I'm in the process of RMA'ing this faulty

mp10-QD at aquacave. We'll see what thier return policies are.

reefernanoman

I got a replacement pump from Ecotech, just as noisy as the one it replaced. So f'ing frustrated right now. Maybe there was a break-in period with my older style MP-10 (I can't remember)..all I know it was a whole lot quieter than my newer pump.

Like I mentioned before, I just bought the discounted old model about two weeks ago and it's freaking quiet! Go figure.

reefernanoman

Not so excited about my new quiet drive either.

False advertising or Falty product??

Let's get this looked at EcoTech.

See my review.

http://youtu.be/Mx-y78cy2Lc

That's not normal! None of my two MP10'S made that sound brand new(the old style controller) . unless it was misaligned. I would just align it, and that noise would go away immediately. The movement back and fourth is part of the design though (when it sounded like it was loose when the wet side was not on the pump).
reefernanoman

Well this sucks for you guys that paid more for the new QD and it's having issues, while I paid less for the older design, which is working quietly. That is ironic! I would be all over Ecotech (which I'm pretty sure that you guys are) about this issue. Sorry.

My new MP10 QD should be here tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. It's replacing a Jebao RW4 that is dead silent...

I wonder if its just an issue with the mp 10. My LFS has MP40QD and they are dead silent. I put my head up to the glass and everything. I had to double check the thing was one. In the next couple months, I'll be upgrading my MP40s using the upgrade option and I'll post a video.

My new MP10 QD should be here tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. It's replacing a Jebao RW4 that is dead silent...

Did your new QD arrive?

Update: EcoTech is sending a replacement. Great customer support, my fingers are crossed for a new silent mo10QD in the next couple of days.

I purchased the MP10QD to replace a 3 year old MP10. The one I originally received was faulty, well the wet side was. I could hear it across the room. The replacement is better and becoming silent the more days I run it. Personally I have to think Ecotech either rushed this to market or the first runs were bad. Every forum I frequent I see people getting new wet sides right and left. They didn't even try to talk me out of it, just said they would get the new one out ASAP.

I just wish they would be more transparent with this mess and tell the community what's up with their new product.

Installed my upgrade last night....

At first it was making some god awful noise but after I power cycled it it worked perfectly fine. As I mentioned because the motor on the MP10 isn't ant different so it wouldn't be that much quieter if at all. Ive been sitting next to it all day is it any quieter? Maybe but not for the $50-300 you're gonna pay to upgrade.

I only bought it so I could have the RF as my previous driver didn't so I didn't mind spending the +$50 to have a newer driver too

However now I cant seem to get my Radion to see the MP10WQD even though, EcoSmart participation is on. I deleted my profile, updated the light... still when I add the device It doesn't populate in the menu.

Archived