Innovative Marine Aquariums

VorTech Quietdrive?

Ahanix

most interesting part is that they are shipping already

Price and Availability

QD pumps are already shipping to EcoTech authorized dealers so hobbyist should be able to purchase all of the following models by the end of February 2015 for the following MAP (Minimum Advertised Price):

• MP10QD: $235 (non-wireless QD version of the MP10)
  • MP10wQD:$285
  • MP40wQD $349
  • MP60wQD $675
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm most interested in what the mp10wQD drivers will cost (part# mp051) and when those parts will be available. I need to replace one drive already and figure I'll replace both and have them be wireless and just be done with it. any word on when those will be available or what the pricing will be?

http://reefbuilders.com/2015/02/11/ecotech-marine-quietdrive-revolution-dc-motor-performance-silence/

"Even as we write this, we must confess that we have already had a sneak peak at the QuietDrive technology in action and it is bordering on “impossibly” quiet. And even as you read this, we know that there’s lots of you who are simply incredulous that driver technology alone can account for such big improvements, especially when it comes to the familiar whirr that longtime Vortech users have come to love/hate"

I got clarification on the Gyre mode on the retail model and Ben you were correct. Straight from Ecotech :

Long pulse mode has always been used to create a gyre within an aquarium. It's name has been re-dubbed to suit its purpose.

So all the alluding to some cool new gyre mode that you were making was based on what again? Vapor? Perhaps part of being a special Ecotech Product Test Team member is that you go onto public forums and make hay about the new stuff even if it is nothing new?

CJJon, on 11 Feb 2015 - 2:41 PM, said:CJJon, on 11 Feb 2015 - 2:41 PM, said:

So all the alluding to some cool new gyre mode that you were making was based on what again? Vapor? Perhaps part of being a special Ecotech Product Test Team member is that you go onto public forums and make hay about the new stuff even if it is nothing new?

Yea you caught me.......maybe you should read my posts more clearly instead of trolling me.

StrainedSky, on 11 Feb 2015 - 3:11 PM, said:

I know what the manual says, I can only tell you what I've experienced. Will it be what they release, I don't know, as currently the driver has incomplete beta firmware. Yes the "anti-vortex" has been removed, a mistake in my opinion because it causes the issue just like you described.

Yea you caught me.......maybe you should ready my posts more clearly instead of trolling me.

Oh, I've read all your posts on this thread and my reading comprehension is above average. See your posts #72 and 75.

Troll indeed!

Oh, I've read all your posts on this thread and my reading comprehension is above average. See your posts #72 and 75.

Troll indeed!

why the aggression? chill out

Strainedsky wasn't the one that brought up the "gyre mode", it's listed in the updates.

CJJon, on 11 Feb 2015 - 3:27 PM, said:CJJon, on 11 Feb 2015 - 3:27 PM, said:

Troll indeed!

No you just comprehend what you want to read. But really I could care less, you win the internet.

StrainedSky, on 11 Feb 2015 - 3:11 PM, said:StrainedSky, on 11 Feb 2015 - 3:11 PM, said:

I know what the manual says, I can only tell you what I've experienced. Will it be what they release, I don't know, as currently the driver has incomplete beta firmware. Yes the "anti-vortex" has been removed, a mistake in my opinion because it causes the issue just like you described.

I bolded the part you decided to skip over, the QD driver I am testing is a beta firmware. The Gyre mode on the beta firmware behaves different then the ES driver and apparently the QD release driver in long pulse mode. Maybe there was a bug in what they were trying to do so they just fell back on the long pulse/Gyre mode, I didn't experience it but that's not to say another user didn't. Do I think they should have renamed it without adding anything ? No.

Just blows my mind, you guys asked questions and I answered them. In the beginning I was under a NDA so had to be vague, now that's it lifted I can actually flat out answer them. Not once did I say this pump is the best thing since sliced bread or push it. ETM is a big company with their own followers, they don't need me to push their products. I only commented on what I have either

A. Been told

B. Experienced with the beta driver

I was thinking about buying the RF module for the MP10. Do you think the upgrade will reuse the same RF module?

according to the instructions (.PDF on advancedaquarist), yes. if you have a wES (or upgraded with a module) you can buy the QD rather than the wQD driver and transfer the wireless module over.

I wonder if the new Quietdrive will actually quiet down the MP10's though. I know it's the MP40's time to shine right now, but man am I curious!

If Maxspect actually released a true nano Gyre, I would probably be all over that right now.

StrainedSky: has any testing been done within the test teams for the MP10?

Spiderguardnano

sorry if i missed it guys but will a new mp10 be released?

will it also be running the quite drive?

tax return is filed and have cash flow coming wanted to update my mp10 or get a new one

my understanding is that it quiets down the dry side by changing the way it's driven, so it should get rid of the motor whine if yours has it (it won't get rid of bad bearing noise)..

I'd also like to know if any of the beta testers got a chance to play with mp10 drivers.

Gyre mode = maxspect ;

Long pulse mode as someone said before has always been able to be used to create a gyre, they just renamed it because now everyone "wants a gayre". Silly, but a smart business move really lol

The original MP40 controller had a constant mode and a long pulse mode, so nothing has changed.

Nothing needed to. Still $50 less then the regular mp40 I was going to get and now I can get a sexy black box instead of white lol

Also, the "gyre" mode of the vortech is just bitching on the bandwagon. Not so much a trendsetter anymore, eh Ecotech? :P

they used the term "gyre" before the "gayre" was a wetdream for wakspec. :lol:

JDH, on 11 Feb 2015 - 3:12 PM, said:

I wonder if the new Quietdrive will actually quiet down the MP10's though. I know it's the MP40's time to shine right now, but man am I curious!

If Maxspect actually released a true nano Gyre, I would probably be all over that right now.

StrainedSky: has any testing been done within the test teams for the MP10?

Problem is the Maxspect don't have the controllability the MP pumps have.

it's amazing how any discussion of ecotech has the power to bring out the haters and the trolls

trolls-630x338.jpg

...and how quickly people forget Maxspect announced a nano version of gyre in a nano forum and then dropped an entire version of the pump during testing, only to find the ones released are only good for 25 gals + at launch. MY point? Maxspect dropped an entire version of gyre during during development, yet people hate about one rename of a mode with the Vortech. Seems a little rich IMO. Not that I don"t think Maxspect Gyra doesnt have its place, because it does...just not in a tank less than 25 gals...which the MP10 has proved itself time and again.

it's amazing how any discussion of ecotech has the power to bring out the haters and the trolls

Since when is having a differencing opinion make anyone a troll? If this thread was being trolled, you would know it. I am using my years of experience with Ecotech products to form my opinion that only changing the driver will fix the noise problems rampant with Ecotech wave makers. I actually want to be proven wrong because that would fix a lot of grips I have with their product, but overall I remain skeptical.

they used the term "gyre" before the "gayre" was a wetdream for wakspec. :lol:

True, but the fact that they renamed "Long Pulse Mode" to "Gyre Mode" tells me they are worried about the maxspect pumps and are trying to capitalize on the "gyre movement" as Ecotech's use of gyre was very brief in the instruction book for the vortechs. Additionally, Long Pulse Mode was not great IIRC, so theres that.

Archived