ReefCleaners.org

VorTech Quietdrive?

Ahanix

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they changed the design of the wet side of the MP10. My dry side is pretty quiet apart from a faint whine as it revs up in reef crest. My main problem with the MP10 is the window of best alignment between the wet side making a clicking sound and/or starting to hear vibration through the glass is so small it can be like performing micro surgery.

Also how the hell does ecotech expect to you to align the pump at full power in a small tank, or with livestock that would have the flesh ripped from its bones you did? I really hope the alignment of wet and dry side isn't such a tightrope walk with this version.

I hope they changed the design of the wet side of the MP10. My dry side is pretty quiet apart from a faint whine as it revs up in reef crest. My main problem with the MP10 is the window of best alignment between the wet side making a clicking sound and/or starting to hear vibration through the glass is so small it can be like performing micro surgery.

Also how the hell does ecotech expect to you to align the pump at full power in a small tank, or with livestock that would have the flesh ripped from its bones you did? I really hope the alignment of wet and dry side isn't such a tightrope walk with this version.

Probably will be the same, it seems like the nature of the two half design makes the issues with misalignment unavoidable. The two sides being misaligned in any amount will cause stress on bearings. I suppose I could be wrong, but I don't see how the issue can be fixed with this design.

Right? The first time I saw it, I felt like this

lSPCLOY.jpg

and then I remembered with all the changes I probably should keep my mouth shut. ;) I still can't believe how much quieter it was, especially with all the flow changes. :D

UGGGhhh i hate you guys i wanna know already!!!! =p

"Ecotech Marine has announced completely new models for their entire line of VorTech pumps. The new pumps are called the VorTech QuietDrive (QD) and features new, well, everything (driver, wet, and dry side). The VorTech QDs are marketed as more efficient with up to 40% more output and 90% less motor noise. No, that's not a typo.

• All new driver included with the VorTech MP10, MP40 and MP60
  • 6+ Available continuous operational modes
  • Wave Auto Tune, Feed Mode & Night Mode
  • 90% Less motor noise*
  • Up to 40% more output* (seems like just for mp40)
  • Dual bearing wet side
  • Communicates with existing WWD and “w” EcoSmart pumps
  • Fully compatible with EcoSmart Live via ReefLink
  • Compatible with wireless EcoSmart VorTechs
  • Available as an upgrade for WWD and EcoSmart Drivers

"Ecotech Marine has announced completely new models for their entire line of VorTech pumps. The new pumps are called the VorTech QuietDrive (QD) and features new, well, everything (driver, wet, and dry side). The VorTech QDs are marketed as more efficient with up to 40% more output and 90% less motor noise. No, that's not a typo.

• All new driver included with the VorTech MP10, MP40 and MP60
  • 6+ Available continuous operational modes
  • Wave Auto Tune, Feed Mode & Night Mode
  • 90% Less motor noise*
  • Up to 40% more output* (seems like just for mp40)
  • Dual bearing wet side
  • Communicates with existing WWD and “w” EcoSmart pumps
  • Fully compatible with EcoSmart Live via ReefLink
  • Compatible with wireless EcoSmart VorTechs
  • Available as an upgrade for WWD and EcoSmart Drivers

I just saw this on RC, the advanced aquarist article seems to have been pulled...?...

Hmmm....... I may hold off on the Gyre... :unsure:

:lol:

Crap. I just ordered a MP10 ES last night. Maybe I should have waited? Sounds like a price drop on those is coming also

Sure they will as soon as the MP 10 is ready. Have a feeling used ones will be popping up everywhere.
jedimasterben

Crap. I just ordered a MP10 ES last night. Maybe I should have waited? Sounds like a price drop on those is coming also

This is the MP40 they are advertising. The MP10 and MP60 will more than likely be off in the future depending on what actually changed. It says new dry side, but if it were really 'new' and solid-state it wouldn't need to be so big, it would be flat.

jedimasterben

Don't come in here with your air quotes Mr President of the Gyre Fan Club. :lol:

:lol:

Hey man, I used MP40s for the longest stretch of my reef so far, and they were badass. I'm just calling what I know and see so far :)

Think about it this way - with as much capital as Ecotech put into the design of the original dry side, if they were going to make radical changes to it (solid state) they'd not need it to be anywhere near as large as it is, which would save in manufacturing costs and would make sense over time. Plus, they could be all 'look at how flat the new dry side is, you know you want it!' lol

I'm surprise no ones said this yet..... Its a hoax, these are all labeled mp40 the new Quiet Drives are supposed to be QDXX :lol:

I was actually wondering about that myself. but it also makes me wonder if they're "leaking" this all out there and when they release the actual product it will look nothing like this. as far as what they're to be called, I was under the impression they would be MPxxQD (rather than MPxxES).

either way, no clue until ecotech themselves breaks the silence.

Ecotech has also mentioned on facebook that they "have lots of new innovations coming this year"

here is my guess, the "leaked" images are a marketing ploy while the real new pump is waiting to be revealed. if you go by their facebook, they stated they have "a policy of not commenting on products which may or may not be currently in production."

and let's be honest, you think they're going to let product beta testers leak a bunch of stuff on the forums? my guess is a marketing gimmick.

GHill762, on 10 Feb 2015 - 3:44 PM, said:GHill762, on 10 Feb 2015 - 3:44 PM, said:

here is my guess, the "leaked" images are a marketing ploy while the real new pump is waiting to be revealed. if you go by their facebook, they stated they have "a policy of not commenting on products which may or may not be currently in production."

and let's be honest, you think they're going to let product beta testers leak a bunch of stuff on the forums? my guess is a marketing gimmick.

Sometimes things are as simple as they seem and not a huge tin foil hat gimmick :)

Archived