Top Shelf Aquatics

Dr. Felicia's Predator Paradise - Retired

Felicia

Ok, so who wants some blue sponge frags! Sorry for teasing this months back, but I just ended up being way too busy to deal with it. Now I have time so I need to clear off my frag rack. I've got like 7 blue sponge frags and 3 green nepthea frags. I'll post up the for sale thread in a bit with the details, but for now, here's a quick shot of the frag rack. The light just came on so the nepthea frags are only partway open.

26921874533_11fe474862_z.jpgIMG_4682 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

• Like 2

Awwww....sweet Lily :wub:.

Hah...I wonder why I don't have a lady's maid too!!!!!

Sadly, Lily already has a lady's maid and just doesn't realize it...I'm pretty sure I'm basically her lady's maid! Spoiled kitty! :lol:

• Like 1

I'm using my time off to bake elaborate desserts :D Today I am trying to tackle Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cupcakes! Wish me luck!

This is the photo from the recipe, so let's see if mine turn out as nice.

Mint-Chip-Ice-Cream-Cupcakes-11-of-11w.j

Mint-Chip-Ice-Cream-Cupcakes-1-of-11.jpg

• Like 9

Yes please. I'll take a dozen.

They're pretty decadent right? Some friends are having a dinner party tonight and they requested that I bring a homemade dessert. I asked them what they were in the mood for, and the answer was mint chocolate chip ice cream cake. Seriously? What am I, Baskin-Robbins? :lol: They seem to have decided that I have professional level baking abilities, so challenge accepted! This is my first time stuffing ice cream inside of cupcakes. Wasn't too bad actually. I have 14 homemade chocolate cupcakes filled with mint chocolate chip ice cream in my freezer now. Now just to tackle the frosting later!

• Like 4
Slowtwitch

They're pretty decadent right? Some friends are having a dinner party tonight and they requested that I bring a homemade dessert. I asked them what they were in the mood for, and the answer was mint chocolate chip ice cream cake. Seriously? What am I, Baskin-Robbins? :lol: They seem to have decided that I have professional level baking abilities, so challenge accepted! This is my first time stuffing ice cream inside of cupcakes. Wasn't too bad actually. I have 14 homemade chocolate cupcakes filled with mint chocolate chip ice cream in my freezer now. Now just to tackle the frosting later!

I have faith that you will totally conquer those cupcakes.

Just added a couple more pics of Mofo. You should absolutely upgrade to a tank big enough for one of these guys.

• Like 2

I have faith that you will totally conquer those cupcakes.

Just added a couple more pics of Mofo. You should absolutely upgrade to a tank big enough for one of these guys.

They seem to be turning out well so far. The hard part is over. Icing is a piece of cake :D

Ok, headed on over to check out Mofo! And yep, someday I will have a giant tank with giant lions! A girl can dream :lol:

• Like 2

I'm using my time off to bake elaborate desserts :D Today I am trying to tackle Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cupcakes! Wish me luck!

This is the photo from the recipe, so let's see if mine turn out as nice.

Mint-Chip-Ice-Cream-Cupcakes-11-of-11w.j

Mint-Chip-Ice-Cream-Cupcakes-1-of-11.jpg

Can you put a dozen in twitches box for me also :)

• Like 2

Can you put a dozen in twitches box for me also :)

Sadly I would need a freezer truck in order to mail these :( Wish I could share! Maybe I'll try to make a batch of cupcakes to bring to MACNA for those of you that are going. Gena requested some already :)

Cupcakes are so much better than a cake because I can try one to make sure they turned out before I feed them to anyone. When I make a big fancy layer cake, its not like I can take a slice out of it in advance to try it. With cupcakes, I always just eat one and no one will notice :) Good news is that these are pretty darn tasty and I think they look pretty nice!

27451966682_5b5700eb07_z.jpgIMG_4722 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

27451964562_a2d5afb765_z.jpgIMG_4724 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

27478601911_aa038d06c4_z.jpgIMG_4731 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

• Like 10

Sadly I would need a freezer truck in order to mail these :( Wish I could share! Maybe I'll try to make a batch of cupcakes to bring to MACNA for those of you that are going. Gena requested some already :)

Cupcakes are so much better than a cake because I can try one to make sure they turned out before I feed them to anyone. When I make a big fancy layer cake, its not like I can take a slice out of it in advance to try it. With cupcakes, I always just eat one and no one will notice :) Good news is that these are pretty darn tasty and I think they look pretty nice!

27451966682_5b5700eb07_z.jpgIMG_4722 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

27451964562_a2d5afb765_z.jpgIMG_4724 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

27478601911_aa038d06c4_z.jpgIMG_4731 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

OMG....YES! Too bad you can't bring those :lol:.

Is that Breyer's mint chocolate chip ice cream? Kinda looks like it :). Wish I had a cupcake for dessert tonight omgomgomg.

• Like 2

That's awesome that you're up for baking challenges. Must smell nice at your place.

It did smell pretty yummy in here yesterday. The cupcakes got devoured last night though :)

OMG....YES! Too bad you can't bring those :lol:.

Is that Breyer's mint chocolate chip ice cream? Kinda looks like it :). Wish I had a cupcake for dessert tonight omgomgomg.

Yeah, ice cream doesn't really work so well for desserts that need to be transported. Plenty of other options though :)

Its actually Trader Joe's brand mint chocolate chip ice cream. I really like the Trader Joe's brand. I think I had too many cupcakes! I'm over dessert for a few days :lol:

• Like 2

I just got to this thread and now I'm hungry... Thanks :/ :D

:lol: Sorry about that! Might want to avoid my thread tomorrow then too because I'm planning on making "Red Wedding" cupcakes for my weekly Game of Thrones watching party. They're going to be red velvet with cream cheese frosting. I'm going to stick those plastic sword toothpicks into the frosting and then drizzle the frosting with edible fake blood :)

• Like 1

:lol: Sorry about that! Might want to avoid my thread tomorrow then too because I'm planning on making "Red Wedding" cupcakes for my weekly Game of Thrones watching party. They're going to be red velvet with cream cheese frosting. I'm going to stick those plastic sword toothpicks into the frosting and then drizzle the frosting with edible fake blood :)

Nah I'll read it, I'll just grab a sandwich before hand :P

• Like 2

So... Where are the pics??

• Like 1

Nah I'll read it, I'll just grab a sandwich before hand :P

Came for the frag sale, stayed for the bake sale

:lol: Too bad there's no way to have a NR bakesale. Sadly, cupcakes would not mail well :lol:

So... Where are the pics??

Here ya go!

Latest cupcake creation. For those Game of Thrones fan you'll understand why they're "Red Wedding" cupcakes. They're red velvet with vanilla cream cheese frosting. One of my favorite/go-to cupcake recipes and then I just changed it up with the fun Game of Thrones decoration.

27040741183_d64e7403af_k.jpgIMG_4759 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

• Like 3

Thank you! Do you watch/read Game of Thrones?

Like the show...LOVE the books. I've heard rumors that he may not finish the book series since the TV show is wrapping up and the story has diverged so far from what he has already written. Hope that is not true.

Like the show...LOVE the books. I've heard rumors that he may not finish the book series since the TV show is wrapping up and the story has diverged so far from what he has already written. Hope that is not true.

Yeah I started reading the books back when I was in high school, so I'm definitely a huge fan of the books. The TV show is good, but I'm with you on enjoying the books much more. Yeah I've been worried about that! I don't know if he has writer's block or what, but he just keeps promising this book for years and years. The show is going to have two more abbreviated seasons of only 7 episodes each. I hope he keeps writing after the show finishes and finishes the series the way he originally wanted.

Mini Update

Marine Depot was awesome enough to give me a special coupon code for letting them feature my tank in one of their videos. I just got around to using it to place an order for my dosing supplements. All stocked up now. Thanks to Marine Depot! :)

27577752421_01d8e972ec_k.jpgIMG_4762 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

• Like 3