Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SOLD OUT! Blue Sponge and Green Nepthea Frags for Sale!

Felicia

Hi everyone! Its time to clean off my frag rack, so I'm selling some frags of my blue sponge and my green nepthea.

27530738965_bfa1a549fc_z.jpgIMG_4708 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Shipping - $10

These are super hardy corals, so I'll be shipping them USPS Priority mail in padded envelopes. I'll be packing the frags into urine specimen cups and then wrapping them in bubble wrap before putting them in plastic, padded envelopes. The bubble wrap will provide a decent amount of insulation and no heat pack should be needed for these, especially since its summer.

Mother Colony Information

Here is a bit of info on the two types of frags that I'm selling as well as photos of the mother colonies.

(1) Blue Photosynthetic Sponge

This is a very hardy and easy to care for sponge. It is completely fine with being exposed to air and it doesn't need any supplemental feeding. It has a very cool plating/encrusting growth pattern that makes it look a lot like a purple monticap. It likes moderate to high flow to prevent algae growth. It can handle pretty much any reef lighting condition. Under lower light (like for softies) it will be a pretty deep purple color. Under high light (like SPS lighting) it will take on the bright blue iridescent sheen. It grows pretty quickly, but isn't a weed since its easy to fully peel it off your rock if it gets too close to other corals. Here's an interesting article on this type of sponge:

https://reefbuilders.com/2010/12/15/blue-photo-sponge-collospongia-auris/

And here's a photo of my mother colony.

27458445981_15ca86a3cc_z.jpgIMG_4710 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(2) Green Nepthea Leather Coral

A hardy and colorful leather coral. Requires the same care as other leather corals and is very easy to keep happy. Its a nice vibrant green color, which will really POP under blue lighting and is even very bright under whiter lighting (like what I use in the photos).

Here is my mother colony.

27530737655_591dd29c24_z.jpgIMG_4715 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Frags for Sale

Here is the list of the individual frags for sale with the prices for each. Just pm me with the frag letter(s) you would like and we'll set up Paypal payment and shipping. It will be first come first serve for each frag. I can put 2-3 frags in a single envelope for the $10 shipping price.

Note: The nepthea frags are not fully expanded because I was handling them. They will puff up quite a bit larger and are substantial sized frags.

(A) Blue Sponge - $15 (SOLD)

27530745325_64e8f139ac_z.jpgBS A - 15 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

( B ) Blue Sponge - $20 (SOLD)

26922450203_9dd6b01090_z.jpgBS B - 20 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

( C ) Blue Sponge - $20 (SOLD)

27496257296_26ea0c8027_z.jpgBS C - 20 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(D) Blue Sponge - $20 (SOLD)

27496256896_c9a54ca786_z.jpgBS D - 20 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(E) Blue Sponge - $25 (SOLD)

27530742095_79895e0b8c_z.jpgBS E - 25 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(F) Blue Sponge - $25 (SOLD)

27530741315_74241c138c_z.jpgBS F -25 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(G) Blue Sponge - $25 (SOLD)

27496255766_82e4db32f9_z.jpgBS G - 25 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(H) Green Nepthea - $25 (SOLD)

27496255456_7c02cd5b3b_z.jpgGN H - 25 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(I) Green Nepthea - $25 (SOLD)

27530739565_848d4842bc_z.jpgGN I - 25 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

(J) Combo Frag - $35 (Sold)

26921391924_43d62679ff_z.jpgBS and GN J - 35 by Felicia Svedlund, on Flickr

Nice looking stuff. GLWS :)

I am tempted to get a piece of the sponge, but, I am not too sure I have enough flow. I am also not too sure where I would place it in my Tank. Again...GLWS :)

Nice looking stuff. GLWS :)

I am tempted to get a piece of the sponge, but, I am not too sure I have enough flow. I am also not too sure where I would place it in my Tank. Again...GLWS :)

It just needs moderate flow. I may have made it sound like it needs higher flow than it does. I had a colony of this in my seahorse tank, which just had low to moderate flow. You just need enough flow to not let algae settle and grow on its tissue. No worries if you don't have space though. Thanks for stopping by :)

Can i take a 10 dollar frag of the blue and a frag of the leather? Would they care if they were being constantly climbed upon by red shrimps?

Can i take a 10 dollar frag of the blue and a frag of the leather? Would they care if they were being constantly climbed upon by red shrimps?

Sorry, I'm not sure which blue sponge frag you are talking about. I have a $15 frag, some $20 frags, and some $25 frags. No, the sponge doesn't have any polyps to retract or anything, so it won't mind getting climbed on. The leather should also be pretty tolerant of climbing shrimp. Mine gets perched on by lionfish without being bothered. Shoot me a pm if you'd like to place an order :)

oh man I differently want some now just to decide what tank it should go in.

any more combo packs?

Unfortunately no. I only had the one combo and it was an accident. I've had these frags on my rack for several months and one of the blue sponge frags grew over onto the plug for the nepthea. When I separated the two plugs, I had one plug with a blue sponge and one plug with nepthea and a blue sponge piece. :lol: The rest of the frags are all on separate plugs.

man, they sure did go fast!!!

If still available, I would love to buy the $20 long narrow one!

Yeah they're flying off the shelves! :lol: Granted a bunch of these are pending, so if any sales falls through, then those will be available again. Nothing is "sold" until I get payment and confirm shipping.

Alright, I just dropped off two boxes of goodies at the post office :D If you're one of the people with a frag on hold, please get in touch with me through pm to finalize. All the pending frags that aren't confirmed by the end of today will be put back up for sale.

id be in for a leather if you have or get any more soon

Those went so fast lol, and I was interested in both. Ah well, next time haha

Whew! Yeah they went fast! Sorry! I'll definitely have more in the near future, so don't worry. Both of the mother colonies for these are at the point where they'll need to be fragged regularly. Just keep an eye out for my next sale probably sometime in July.

All sold out! Whew, that was fast! Thank you everyone! For anyone that missed out, there will definitely be more frags of these two corals in the future, so just keep your eye out for another sale probably in July.

Archived