Cultivated Reef

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Sounds like a great plan. I'm shooting for the opposite - once my hammer and frogspawn get too big for the IM10, it's time to upgrade :)

What made you decide to downgrade? Looks like you had a pretty nice setup with your ADA.

Thanks!

I was bored with it and have a another expensive hobby, so more car parts meant list the ADA for a somewhat high price & see what happens.

A guy paid me sight unseen for it. I sold the Radion awhile back & downgraded to a 4 bulb T5 fixture & had sold off a lot of my higher end corals. I figure this will help me re-focus on the hobby with nice smaller frags.

IM Fusion, Kessil A150w & Gooseneck, Stand, Koralia 240, Neo Therm 50 - I think I have $365 total into the entire setup & everything is new & it keeps me in the hobby.

• Like 2

Good choices on the equipment Bella :)

Why clean the pump so often? I have never cleaned mine since it's been running for like 5 months or so.

In thought every 2-3 months was the norm :huh:

Just curious...

How has everyone installed their heater on their Fusion 10 tanks? Are you just dropping it in the 3rd chamber or are you mounting it on the wall of the third chamber with the suction cup mount that came with the heater?

I tried using the suction cup mount but that just turned out to be a pain the A#%. Now I just dropped it in.

Please let me know how you are handling it.

I have mine in the second chamber as well.

• Like 1

Good choices on the equipment Bella :)

In thought every 2-3 months was the norm :huh:

I have mine in the second chamber as well.

I was planning to add the ghost skimmer to the second chamber. I have my skimmer yet but I do not think that the neo-therm will with the skimmer. I am still questioning if I will really need the skimmer. I purchased it while it was on sale just in case I needed it.

• Like 1

I was planning to add the ghost skimmer to the second chamber. I have my skimmer yet but I do not think that the neo-therm will with the skimmer. I am still questioning if I will really need the skimmer. I purchased it while it was on sale just in case I needed it.

I hear ya. I have the IM Desktop reactor sitting in a box, but my media basket from inTank seems to be doing the trick quite well. I ventured into this build with simplicity in mind but have already 'maxed out' my 8 socket power bar with tank equipment! :P

I say try a few months without, and then with and if there is a noticeable difference.

Anyone else want a cover for the back AIO filtration area? Ugh, I would love that. (just thinking out loud)

I just let my heater dangle in the third chamber. My desktop ghost skimmer is in the second chamber.

A cover for the back would be very nice. But at least in my case, between the Nanobox clipped onto the back wall, the skimmer sticking up in the second chamber, and all the wires and tubes in the third chamber, I'm not sure I could actually cover all that much. But I would love the have the option :)

I just let my heater dangle in the third chamber. My desktop ghost skimmer is in the second chamber.

A cover for the back would be very nice. But at least in my case, between the Nanobox clipped onto the back wall, the skimmer sticking up in the second chamber, and all the wires and tubes in the third chamber, I'm not sure I could actually cover all that much. But I would love the have the option :)

I may have to look into a custom option. I'm not running a skimmer, so may work better for my application. I'm thinking of turning the 2nd chamber into a chaeto fuge lit from the top via LED, therefore don't want light spill as it would be reverse photo period.

Some people clean their return pumps once every 6 months. My NC 28G has been running for 2 yrs and not once have I cleaned them lol.

Hah, maybe I am going a little too crazy with the cleanings :P The tubing was super gross though. I just couldn't imagine not cleaning it for 2 years!

• Like 2

This may sound odd, but what is the easiest way to remove the paper that is adhered to the acrylic wall?

When I got mine, a corner was sticking up so I just slowly peeled it away. Its not glued on there or anything as far as I know.

Any one use a mp10 in there 10g? Mine will be here tomorrow and wad wondering what settings is being used so I don't blast everything right of the bat. Thanks!

• Like 1

Any one use a mp10 in there 10g? Mine will be here tomorrow and wad wondering what settings is being used so I don't blast everything right of the bat. Thanks!

I dont have one but after looking at everyone's threads who have them, I think they are generally only running theirs on a 3 or a 4 power setting.

Hey guys, so I decided to investigate my micro bubble nightmare from the return pump and low and behold there was a huge crack in one of the pieces that connect the nozzle. Right now I removed the nozzle and cracked piece, so only the clear portion is showing. BUT: I am still getting bubbles in my tank! I don't know what else to do.

The water level in the 3rd chamber is about 7" from the bottom and 2.5" lower than the 2nd chamber. The Hydor ATO keeps things level always and it doesn't deviate more than 1/2" for the water level, so the pump is always fully submerged.

What do you guys think? Could it be the pump, or the tubing maybe? I'm thinking of replacing both, because i'm going crazy!

Here's a pic of the cracked piece:

2py535i.jpg

I have one, and running it on Lagoonal mode at the 4th power point.

Hey guys, so I decided to investigate my micro bubble nightmare from the return pump and low and behold there was a huge crack in one of the pieces that connect the nozzle. Right now I removed the nozzle and cracked piece, so only the clear portion is showing. BUT: I am still getting bubbles in my tank! I don't know what else to do.

The water level in the 3rd chamber is about 7" from the bottom and 2.5" lower than the 2nd chamber. The Hydor ATO keeps things level always and it doesn't deviate more than 1/2" for the water level, so the pump is always fully submerged.

What do you guys think? Could it be the pump, or the tubing maybe? I'm thinking of replacing both, because i'm going crazy!

Here's a pic of the cracked piece:

2py535i.jpg

I have one, and running it on Lagoonal mode at the 4th power point.

I would leave the pump in the water but give it a good gentle shake to try to knock any air out of it, that was the problem for me once. I had put it in and a small air bubble got caught in it and kept spitting bubbles until I shook it out. If that doesn't work, I would pop the hose off really quick after disconnecting the pump and see if you can feel any hole, cuts, etc in it. If you find none, then yes I would probably replace the pump as its most likely the culprit at that point.

Also, I keep the water level in chamber 3 only about .5" below chamber 2, that seems to be the sweet spot in these tanks. I don't think its causing your micro bubbles, but just an all around FYI if you wanted to know. The piece that is cracked in your pic looks exactly like the piece I had that cracked on mine except it was on the display side of the tank that holds the return nozzle on. Still works though *shrugs*.

• Like 1

I would leave the pump in the water but give it a good gentle shake to try to knock any air out of it, that was the problem for me once. I had put it in and a small air bubble got caught in it and kept spitting bubbles until I shook it out. If that doesn't work, I would pop the hose off really quick after disconnecting the pump and see if you can feel any hole, cuts, etc in it. If you find none, then yes I would probably replace the pump as its most likely the culprit at that point.

Also, I keep the water level in chamber 3 only about .5" below chamber 2, that seems to be the sweet spot in these tanks. I don't think its causing your micro bubbles, but just an all around FYI if you wanted to know. The piece that is cracked in your pic looks exactly like the piece I had that cracked on mine except it was on the display side of the tank that holds the return nozzle on. Still works though *shrugs*.

Thanks da1001 :) Well I just cleaned the pump and tubing last Sunday but will try to see if 'knocking it' a few times helps with the bubbles. I am probably going to order a Sicce Syncra Silent 0.5 as I have had troubles with the stock pump restarting a few times anyways. The IM pump is soooo cheaply made :wacko: I may as well replace the tubing as well. UGH!

It's so sad because my water was previously super crystal clear, and now just looks dirty due to the micro bubbles. I even originally thought it was particulates so bought some 100 micron filter felt to help, but that doesn't do squat for bubbles :lol:

Maybe i'll play around with the water level in chamber 3 as well.

IM 10 Owners: What are your water levels in chamber 3 compared to chamber 2?

• Like 1