Top Shelf Aquatics

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Anyone actually using anything for added flow? Other than an MP10. I don't want to drop that sort of cash on the tank. I've been looking at a few other options but I wanted to hear practical experiences.

• Like 1

Anyone actually using anything for added flow? Other than an MP10. I don't want to drop that sort of cash on the tank. I've been looking at a few other options but I wanted to hear practical experiences.

I'm going to order a Jebao RW-4. Seems like a pretty solid match

I was going to go with an MP10 but this is going in my office and I have been trying to go as budget as I can

Looking at adding flow as well, but something that produces the least amount of heat.

Can anyone tell me how much water they have actually put in their tanks? I know the box is rated at 10g, but with losing some to the back chambers, rock and substrate, I'm thinking closer to 7?

The tank holds about 7.5 gallons of water. I used a scale when filling my tank for the first time to measure the water and salt.

If you take the outside dimensions of the tank and figure the volume it would be 10 gallons but then you have to back out the glass and the fact that you can not fill it to the very top edge of the glass.

It is not realy acurate to call it a 10 gallon tank. It should be a 7 gallon display area tank.

I'm going to order a Jebao RW-4. Seems like a pretty solid match

I was going to go with an MP10 but this is going in my office and I have been trying to go as budget as I can

I have the RW-4 and I am very happy with it. Plenty of flow and options for different wave patens. It is also very quiet.
  • Like 1

I have to change airstones every four weeks, and gradually increase the flow and lower the tube as the month goes on. I clean it out every month when I change the airstone (airblock? Not sure what you call a wood airstone).

It was only 2 weeks before I gave up though, it worked great for 3 days then it got too weak even at full blast to do its job effectively after I upgraded pumps to the Whisper 20 that you also use. -.- I guess I will check the Pico Skim setup guide again and see if I missed anything.

It has only been 8 days but it looks like my tank cycle with rock from Gulf Live Rock has finished. My nitrite finally hit zero last night. I am planning a 2.5 - 3 gallon water change tonight.

Is it to early to add a mushroom or zoa? The 2015 Lake Erie Frag Fest is tomorrow and it might a great chance to pickup a nice deal. I also do not want to add something if it is to early. I have read that I should add a clean up crew first but I am not sure.

It has only been 8 days but it looks like my tank cycle with rock from Gulf Live Rock has finished. My nitrite finally hit zero last night. I am planning a 2.5 - 3 gallon water change tonight.

Is it to early to add a mushroom or zoa? The 2015 Lake Erie Frag Fest is tomorrow and it might a great chance to pickup a nice deal. I also do not want to add something if it is to early. I have read that I should add a clean up crew first but I am not sure.

I think as long as it's zoa's, mushrooms and other softies you should be just fine. They thrive in dirty water whereas the ones you should be most concerned about are some LPS and SPS.

• Like 2

How often do you look in the sump and notice it needs to be cleaned, especially under chamber 1 -2?

I look in there every few weeks and will try to baste it so it can be taken by the return and filtered out before a water change. I found the best way for me so far was to put a submersible pump in the display with tubing in and under the compartments and try to dislodge the gunk. It's fairly effective.

It's amazing how much crud gets stuck under the glass though!

• Like 1

I think as long as it's zoa's, mushrooms and other softies you should be just fine. They thrive in dirty water whereas the ones you should be most concerned about are some LPS and SPS.

I agree, as long as you are talking about cheap zoas and mushrooms :)

• Like 1

I look in there every few weeks and will try to baste it so it can be taken by the return and filtered out before a water change. I found the best way for me so far was to put a submersible pump in the display with tubing in and under the compartments and try to dislodge the gunk. It's fairly effective.

It's amazing how much crud gets stuck under the glass though!

Yea I've been fighting a algae issue...and went through everything.. Until I pulled my skimmer and media basket.. So I spent 2 hours cleaning.. Took a hackbsaw tot the pump... Added some .5" pipe and moved the pump so it now resides under chamber 1

• Like 2

I've been super busy but I will get a picture up I promise, everything is looking good & I only lost two heads of the Frogspawn. Heading to a new aquarium this weekend on the other side of the state and stopping at Preuss to pick up more frags and things.

• Like 1

How much evaporation are you guys seeing a week in your tanks? Trying to determine how big of an ATO container I am going to need. (I know if varies based on so many climate factors, but I would figure you guys could get pretty close to an average)

How much evaporation are you guys seeing a week in your tanks? Trying to determine how big of an ATO container I am going to need. (I know if varies based on so many climate factors, but I would figure you guys could get pretty close to an average)

About 1 gallon per week. I use one of these beside my stand. Drilled a hole through the top cap and it seals beautifully (I use kalk, so don't want much co2 getting in there)

Gallon-4-Liter-Two-2-Part-Solution-Space

Last question, I hope... Does anyone know the dimensions of the display area only? and also the dimensions of the stock pump?

Looking to order some pre-cut HDPE today, just in case I go BareBottom

Guess its time to start my thread for new fusion 10 gal build just ordered all my goodies. now gotta wait on UPS and the AI Primes to get back in stock!!

AquaIllumination Prime LED Fixture - Black 1 $199.00 $199.00 Marine Depot Aquarium Pro Refractometer 1 $51.99 $51.99 Vertex Duplex Algae Magnet Cleaner 1 $17.99 $17.99 Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget Spin Stream - Return Nozzle 1 $23.00 $23.00 Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget CustomCaddy 20 - Media Basket 1 $25.00 $25.00
  • Like 1

So I ripped out the screen that came on the stock lid, and in the process ripped apart the screen spline. I went to lowes to get some more but they don't have a thick enough diameter. .190 is the thickest they have... Does anyone have any idea what size spline the lid uses?

So I ripped out the screen that came on the stock lid, and in the process ripped apart the screen spline. I went to lowes to get some more but they don't have a thick enough diameter. .190 is the thickest they have... Does anyone have any idea what size spline the lid uses?

I don't know what size they use, but I noticed when I was at Ace hardware getting my screen kit that they carried two different sizes of spline there.

• Like 1

I just bought clear .25" screan mesh from my LFS to replace the stock one.. Will post pix later

I don't mean the screen, I mean the spline that holds it in place. I figured it out though and ordered some it's 1/4" spline