Innovative Marine Aquariums

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Ok so I just got my fusion 10 gallon in from Marine Depot. Already got a fusion 30L set up so in no rush on this tank. What do people think for lighting I see a lot of nanoboxes. any though on the new AI prime coming out it looks really sweet?

• Like 1

Ok so I just got my fusion 10 gallon in from Marine Depot. Already got a fusion 30L set up so in no rush on this tank. What do people think for lighting I see a lot of nanoboxes. any though on the new AI prime coming out it looks really sweet?

If it ever comes out it will be lol, I was originally going to get one but got tired of waiting!

• Like 1

Hoping to be a part of this club in the coming weeks. Recently took on a promotion at work and picked up a decent sized office and at the same time received approval for a small tank, so Fusion 10 it is!

Just waiting for Dave to invoice me for a NanoBox Tide (4 Channel w/ Storm)

Other things planned

25w Cobalt Heater or a 50w titanium heater

StevieT Media Basket

Maybe a Jebao RW-4?
Custom Made Acrylic back cover to help with evaporation

Can't decide on the following

Starboard (Cutting Board) Bare Bottom vs 1" of Sand

LFS Live Rock, or BRS Dry rock (I have about 6 pounds of BRS dry rock laying around)

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

• Like 2

Hoping to be a part of this club in the coming weeks. Recently took on a promotion at work and picked up a decent sized office and at the same time received approval for a small tank, so Fusion 10 it is!

Just waiting for Dave to invoice me for a NanoBox Tide (4 Channel w/ Storm)

Other things planned

25w Cobalt Heater or a 50w titanium heater

StevieT Media Basket

Maybe a Jebao RW-4?

Custom Made Acrylic back cover to help with evaporation

Can't decide on the following

Starboard (Cutting Board) Bare Bottom vs 1" of Sand

LFS Live Rock, or BRS Dry rock (I have about 6 pounds of BRS dry rock laying around)

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

You'll love it, they are sweet little tanks. As for equipment every thing you listed would be great, I had a wp-10 and loved it they were silent. I used BRS dry rock also loved it, it's really easy to work with!

• Like 1

You'll love it, they are sweet little tanks. As for equipment every thing you listed would be great, I had a wp-10 and loved it they were silent. I used BRS dry rock also loved it, it's really easy to work with!

Thanks man, I have the BRS dry rock in my Fusion 30 and it's been great. Just trying to decide if I want to go with established rock to make the tank more stable from the start. That being said, with the coral I will be adding I don't think it is going to make much of a difference, I'm not going to be keeping SPS here any time soon.

I was thinking about using an MP10QD, but I don't want to overbulk the hardware at my desk, that and I can't set up a reeflink here, which is why I opted for the storm controller. Well that and I've been following Dave for long enough that I thought I may as well support him a bit. Everyone seems to love his lights, and I figure I would give it a shot rather than wait a few more months on the Prime.

• Like 1

Thanks man, I have the BRS dry rock in my Fusion 30 and it's been great. Just trying to decide if I want to go with established rock to make the tank more stable from the start. That being said, with the coral I will be adding I don't think it is going to make much of a difference, I'm not going to be keeping SPS here any time soon.

I was thinking about using an MP10QD, but I don't want to overbulk the hardware at my desk, that and I can't set up a reeflink here, which is why I opted for the storm controller. Well that and I've been following Dave for long enough that I thought I may as well support him a bit. Everyone seems to love his lights, and I figure I would give it a shot rather than wait a few more months on the Prime.

If your 30 has been up long enough you could take a little piece of rock from that to seed the new BRS rock.

I pre-ordered the Quiet drive, the main reason I want it is for the battery back up though, I don't really need the connectivity. I just got my nano box (pre owned) and I love it the storm controller is super simple but still has some cool features (lighting storm is going off in my tank as I'm typing this haha)

• Like 1

If your 30 has been up long enough you could take a little piece of rock from that to seed the new BRS rock.

I pre-ordered the Quiet drive, the main reason I want it is for the battery back up though, I don't really need the connectivity. I just got my nano box (pre owned) and I love it the storm controller is super simple but still has some cool features (lighting storm is going off in my tank as I'm typing this haha)

You will absolutely love the QuietDrive. I've had it on my tank for the last 2 weeks and loved it enough to have pre-ordered another driver for my current MP10wES. Wishing I could get one for this tank! I'm sure eventually it will happen, haha.

My Fusion 30 has been up for about 8 months, with the rock in it being set up for a year, so I guess I will probably do that - a lot cheaper than LR anyways.

• Like 2

You will absolutely love the QuietDrive. I've had it on my tank for the last 2 weeks and loved it enough to have pre-ordered another driver for my current MP10wES. Wishing I could get one for this tank! I'm sure eventually it will happen, haha.

My Fusion 30 has been up for about 8 months, with the rock in it being set up for a year, so I guess I will probably do that - a lot cheaper than LR anyways.

It will be my first Ecotech product so I'm really excited for it haha

That would definitely work and saves a lot of money, my LFS sells live rock (Rock that sits in a bin with a powerhead lol) for $6.50 a pound I literally laughed and was like i'm good haha.

• Like 1

Fusion 10 setup....moved it from a fluval edge 2 days ago. No build thread yet

Equipment : mp10es, Kessel 160 led, tunze auto topoff

Stock return pump and media basket

post-6710-0-71452300-1424912953_thumb.jpg

post-6710-0-91863800-1424914337_thumb.jpg

post-6710-0-73126500-1424914356_thumb.jpg

post-6710-0-05699700-1424914461_thumb.jpg

post-6710-0-63449300-1424914545_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Has anyone actually done a sicce swap with the regular return pump? Just prepping for the worst when the tank gets here, or should I just let the return flow be super slow and use the RW-4 to keep things flowing?

I've got an MP10 for flow so I didn't worry about upgrading the stock pump. I did remove the flow diverter which increased the stock flow quite a bit. I also use the InTank media basket.

Maybe a dumb question but what do I need to do to give my new IM ghost skimmer a vinegar bath? Do I submerge the whole thing in a 5 gallon bucket? Do I remove the pump? How much vinegar should I use?

My live rock cycle is nearing the end so I wanted to get my skimmer ready.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe a dumb question but what do I need to do to give my new IM ghost skimmer a vinegar bath? Do I submerge the whole thing in a 5 gallon bucket? Do I remove the pump? How much vinegar should I use?

My live rock cycle is nearing the end so I wanted to get my skimmer ready.

Any help would be appreciated.

I wouldn't worry about the vinegar bath to be honest, just rinse the entire thing off with hot water and it will do the trick. If you really want, just rinse it off with both, dry it and throw it in your tank. It will break in pretty quickly anyways (since your rock cycle is just ending you aren't going to have a lot, if any skim right now)

Can anyone tell me how much water they have actually put in their tanks? I know the box is rated at 10g, but with losing some to the back chambers, rock and substrate, I'm thinking closer to 7?

Can anyone tell me how much water they have actually put in their tanks? I know the box is rated at 10g, but with losing some to the back chambers, rock and substrate, I'm thinking closer to 7?

It was around 7 or 7.5 gallons for me after rock and sand

• Like 1

Has anyone else had any problems getting their Pico Skim to work on their IM tanks? Mine was working great for all of 3 days or so, then it started having problems getting bubbles high enough, I upped the flow to max on the Whisper 20 but even that wasn't enough to get any skimmate after that. I even changed air stones thinking mine had died but a ceramic one was less that worthless so I tossed the wooden one back on. Got a huge ring of gunk in the top 2 inches of the skimmer because it wasn't going down the drain so I scrubbed it out and stuck it back in but I am still not getting anything. Could you all describe how you set yours up? Maybe I just didn't put everything in the right spot? Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated. :(

I have to change airstones every four weeks, and gradually increase the flow and lower the tube as the month goes on. I clean it out every month when I change the airstone (airblock? Not sure what you call a wood airstone).

• Like 1