Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

As always it depends on your setup - what kind of filtration you use, whether you skim or not, and how often you want to change the water. One or two fish small should be fine, maybe more if they are very small like tiny gobies. I'm working on the same plan in my tank - lots of zoas on order!

• Like 2

Anyone else getting a lot of micro bubbles from the return. My guess is the 90 degree elbow isn't sealed 100% just wondering if I should attempt to silicone it.

I had a few the first day or two while my new pump broke in, but I don't remember more than one or two since.

It's been on and off for the past 2 months. Just happens randomly :/

I didn't have any at all. Is the water level right?

Yup, water level is where it should be to get proper skimming. Third chamber is lowest but only if overflowed will the water level rise in the display.

The elbow for the return is slightly exposed though, so I'm thinking there is the smallest crack or something there. Just wanted to check in here before doing any DIY stuff :P

It's been on and off for the past 2 months. Just happens randomly :/

Yup, water level is where it should be to get proper skimming. Third chamber is lowest but only if overflowed will the water level rise in the display.

The elbow for the return is slightly exposed though, so I'm thinking there is the smallest crack or something there. Just wanted to check in here before doing any DIY stuff :P

I think somebody else posted once about a cracked elbow, so that might be it. I was just wondering if it was because the level in chamber three was too low, or if it was coming from the skimmer.

is the mesh on the screen this tank comes with replaceable?

Yes - the frame is basically a window screen frame. You should be able to replace it with any cloth or fiberglass screen using the same techniques you'd use for a window screen frame. I know BRS sells white mesh screen. Are you having problems with yours?

• Like 2

I almost forgot, sometimes whenever I turn off my return pump to feed everything it sometimes spits out some micro bubbles for a few minutes and has a slightly louder running noise for about 3-6 hours after but its becoming rarer as the pump gets a really good slime coat on the insides of it. Maybe you can try turning the pump off and on a few times to see what happens before doing surgery on the return elbow. Maybe there is just a random part in there that is slightly crooked or something. B)

• Like 1

I think somebody else posted once about a cracked elbow, so that might be it. I was just wondering if it was because the level in chamber three was too low, or if it was coming from the skimmer.

Yes - the frame is basically a window screen frame. You should be able to replace it with any cloth or fiberglass screen using the same techniques you'd use for a window screen frame. I know BRS sells white mesh screen. Are you having problems with yours?

no, i don't actually own this tank but was thinking of replacing my old beat up nanocube with something nicer. the lid is a very important feature for me, as I own a helfrichs and i know they can jump through 1/4" mesh.

I did fiddle around with chamber 3 water level when I first set up the tank and no difference. It stopped for a while but is back now after a big tank cleanup. No skimmer though. It's tough to see if it's he pump itself or the elbow.

I almost forgot, sometimes whenever I turn off my return pump to feed everything it sometimes spits out some micro bubbles for a few minutes and has a slightly louder running noise for about 3-6 hours after but its becoming rarer as the pump gets a really good slime coat on the insides of it. Maybe you can try turning the pump off and on a few times to see what happens before doing surgery on the return elbow. Maybe there is just a random part in there that is slightly crooked or something. B)

You know what. I just cleaned the pump in a vinegar soak and started having the problems again. Maybe it is just too clean and needs to build up a slime coat as you said. Kind of a bummer if this happens every time I clean the pump though.

I'll see if after some time it disappears and if not maybe I'll do some surgery on the elbow :P

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I would guess maybe after cleaning the pump is stronger and increases the chances of pulling air through a small crack? Let us know what you find out!

Why clean the pump so often? I have never cleaned mine since it's been running for like 5 months or so.

• Like 1

Just curious...

How has everyone installed their heater on their Fusion 10 tanks? Are you just dropping it in the 3rd chamber or are you mounting it on the wall of the third chamber with the suction cup mount that came with the heater?

I tried using the suction cup mount but that just turned out to be a pain the A#%. Now I just dropped it in.

Please let me know how you are handling it.

• Like 1

Just curious...

How has everyone installed their heater on their Fusion 10 tanks? Are you just dropping it in the 3rd chamber or are you mounting it on the wall of the third chamber with the suction cup mount that came with the heater?

I tried using the suction cup mount but that just turned out to be a pain the A#%. Now I just dropped it in.

I used to have mine in the 3rd chamber but it would occasionally work its way over to lean on my return pump and make weird noises so I moved it to the second chamber where it now sits under the light and the Pico Skim and the temp probe.

reefernanoman

Just curious...

No heater needed here in SA TX. I just keep my house between 73 and 78,and the pump from my desktop skimmer actually keeps the temperature above 77 during winter and the AC in my house keeps the temperature in check during summer. I haven't seen any crazy temperature swings to mention and all my corals are happy and growing.

No heater needed here in SA TX. I just keep my house between 73 and 78,and the pump from my desktop skimmer actually keeps the temperature above 77 during winter and the AC in my house keeps the temperature in check during summer. I haven't seen any crazy temperature swings to mention and all my corals are happy and growing.

you're lucky, 100w is the minimum i can run with new jersey winters. right now it's about 67 in my room

• Like 1
reefernanoman

you're lucky, 100w is the minimum i can run with new jersey winters. right now it's about 67 in my room

67? I was born in Central America close to the equator, so 67 for me is very cold! No way I could be comfortable inside my house at that temperature. My wife is from the same place too and she tolerates cold even less than me. Wow. I feel for you. BRRR.

• Like 1

67? I was born in Central America close to the equator, so 67 for me is very cold! No way I could be comfortable inside my house at that temperature. My wife is from the same place too and she tolerates cold even less than me. Wow. I feel for you. BRRR.

i have the draftiest window in the house, at night its even worse. im looking into space heaters atm

• Like 1

Teeny ... I will definitely start a new build thread, this was my old one - http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/343436-landen-ada-60p-171-gallons-new-pics/

I am transferring over my Phantom & Picasso clowns & Tailspot, RBTA Green Grape BTA's, Frogspawn, Torch, GSP, Xenia & Hairy Shrooms & some Zoa's. I will be starting fresh from there with focus on shrooms, zoa's & acans.

I got the stand built over the weekend & my equipment arrived as well, patiently waiting at my office for the tank to arrive. Old setup is sold and being broke down saturday and new setup going up the same day!

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Teeny ... I will definitely start a new build thread, this was my old one - http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/343436-landen-ada-60p-171-gallons-new-pics/

I am transferring over my Phantom & Picasso clowns & Tailspot, RBTA Green Grape BTA's, Frogspawn, Torch, GSP, Xenia & Hairy Shrooms & some Zoa's. I will be starting fresh from there with focus on shrooms, zoa's & acans.

I got the stand built over the weekend & my equipment arrived as well, patiently waiting at my office for the tank to arrive. Old setup is sold and being broke down saturday and new setup going up the same day!

Is all that going into a 10G?

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Yes, but coming from a 17 gallon so nothing is huge, most likely 2 gallon weekly water changes.

I would be concerned that those BTA's are going to get huge very fast. I took mine out of there and put it in my NC28G and after like 4 months it's at least twice as big. Frogspawn and torch get big fast too. Not to mention the Xenias and GSP.

All will be watched and fragged as needed, I have sold the larger pieces off & kept smaller for this tank. For example, full frag plug of xenia, 4x4 tile of Ultra GSP the GG nems are small 2" & once they get to a certain size split and then I sell them off. The torch is just two heads, Frogspawn has 4-5 & i will probaly take 1-2 off based on how it goes. The largest would be the RBTA at a good 4.5" open.

• Like 1