ReefCleaners.org

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Does everyone replace the mesh screen that comes with their tanks? It seems awfully thick, and only semitransparent.

I havent replaced mine, its doing alright with my light. Didnt really want to use it at first but since my clowns are chasing each other I didnt want one to fly out haha.

Does everyone replace the mesh screen that comes with their tanks? It seems awfully thick, and only semitransparent.

Ya, I left mine on. Works great and looks potentially strong enough to hold ole fat cat if she ever tries to jump in after the fish. :D

I used black tulle fabric when I made the screen for my 4g tank, and I like it a lot. But I haven't changed the screen on my IM10 yet. Just too lazy, and while it does block some light I don't think it really blocks more than any other screen material.

I painted mine black with Krylon, although haven't used it yet (no fish)

i have mine the same way, i love the look of it off so much better. ill probably never have fish in mine again because of it.

• Like 1

i have mine the same way, i love the look of it off so much better. ill probably never have fish in mine again because of it.

Yea, that's the thing, I am still torn on what fish to get. I don't want it overstocked, but do want a little more movement besides a scared shrimp and jump sexy shrimp! My snails are only so amusing :lol:

But although the black painted top looks better, I still don't like the look of screen tops period. I realize their purpose, but damn rimless is sexy!

Yea, that's the thing, I am still torn on what fish to get. I don't want it overstocked, but do want a little more movement besides a scared shrimp and jump sexy shrimp! My snails are only so amusing :lol:

But although the black painted top looks better, I still don't like the look of screen tops period. I realize their purpose, but damn rimless is sexy!

im not amused with my snails at the moment. my mystery acan (i think im narrowing it down to being a lord acan) ate a cerith yesterday, and still hasn't spit it out. this is it as of 5 minutes ago.

CE860853-77D4-446C-916D-654C88C0882F_zps

• Like 2

im not amused with my snails at the moment. my mystery acan (i think im narrowing it down to being a lord acan) ate a cerith yesterday, and still hasn't spit it out. this is it as of 5 minutes ago.

LOL, that's terrible and funny :P I have one Trochus snail that likes to live on the edge (the edge of my MP10 that is) and his shell will slowly graze the propeller (think a card in a bicycle spoke) It scares the crap out of me sometimes because he usually does it at some crazy time like 3am or something.

Oh snails. Why you so crazy?! :eek:

• Like 1

Everything transferred over & I have been running a hob filter to help clear it up. I think the only casualty is going to be my 5 heads of Frogspawn in which my RBTA decided to roam over.

• Like 2

Everything transferred over & I have been running a hob filter to help clear it up. I think the only casualty is going to be my 5 heads of Frogspawn in which my RBTA decided to roam over.

Awesome! Can't wait to see pictures of the new setup.

Finally put a build link together! Add me to the club!

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/358081-drjohns-im-fusion-10-build/

John

:welcome: to the IM10 Club! Your tank looks great!

I enlarged the diamond cut-outs. It was a bit of a pain to do, and if you attempt it, you really have to concentrate so as not to cut the wrong threads or you will weaken the integrity of the mesh. You can get an idea of what I did by looking at the top right hand corner of the top cover in this picture:

Jupiter%20April%202014-3.jpg

Enlarging the diamond cut-outs accomplishes a few things. 1) it lets more light shine through while still working as an effective screen to prevent fish from jumping ship; and 20 is cuts down on the screen glow (reflected light off of the screen) which I found annoying, as my tank sits near a TV.

• Like 2

Morning. It's morning, everyone! Today's the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean, and we are gonna get out of...

[gasps] The tank is clean.

[yells]The tank is clean!

A little Finding Nemo reference for ya! Seriously though, between my water change yesterday, replacing my Chemi-Pure Blue and raising the water level to about 1/2" from chamber 2 to 3, Pandora's Box is clear again! I am still getting a few tiny bubbles here and there, but it's about a 95% improvement from before. Still have my Sicce pump on order and new tubing to follow.

The only issue is that since I changed multiple things at once, I can't say which helped the most. Don't we all do this though?!

• Like 1

Has anyone tried acrylic or glass for a lid?

Yes. I tried glass but it kept the heat in. The water temp is 79 with stock cover and went to 82 with a glass top. The glass top didn't allow for enough evaporation to cool the tank. I quests it depends on the ambient temp of the room.

Did the glass help with evaporation?

I was thinking on just replacing the mesh with glass and using the original top to hold it in place. Hat way their is still the gap for heat exchange... And air o2 exchange... But might help with better light transmission and cut down on evaporation.

Did the glass help with evaporation?I was thinking on just replacing the mesh with glass and using the original top to hold it in place. Hat way their is still the gap for heat exchange... And air o2 exchange... But might help with better light transmission and cut down on evaporation.

Yes. It did cut down on evaporation, but as I noted, it caused other problems (heat build up in the tank). Evaporation is no problem with a good ATO. I'm using a Tunze Nano Osmolator and I love it. A 2 gallon reservoir holds enough water to last over a week. Plus I mix a few additives into the top off water to keep the dKH and Ca at optimum levels: sort of like a crude way to dose the tank.

Tell me about it. I emailed IM yesterday to see about getting a replacement. Hopefully not too much trouble since i'm in Canada. I'll see what they say and let you guys know.

Hmmm yours is clear?!

I did the same yesterday and received word today that a replacement was in the mail. Very happy with the customer service received from Innovative Marine.

im interested to see how they go about this. mine is a clear one and has noticeable stress cracks in the plastic. it's not causing any problems so im not going to risk taking it off and breaking it in the process. once they own up to it being faulty i will be asking for a new one myself.

I did the same yesterday and received word today that a replacement was in the mail. Very happy with the customer service received from Innovative Marine.

They emailed me this morning to send a replacement as well. I also let them know that a lot of the IM10 owners have reported issues as per this thread. Good customer service thus far :)

• Like 1