ReefCleaners.org

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

14 hours ago, Ckane2 said:

16BAD700-BB80-4A7A-B370-826BC2929E7D.thumb.jpeg.c9beea4262cc3524f5e35aa11870f758.jpegDFCD471A-95DB-420E-A983-5D9BA8DDE888.thumb.jpeg.591bbda99342a1b80c652d7ff83e3d43.jpegC382DCA8-F51B-4B2E-812E-96EDA150FE99.thumb.jpeg.aeb5cb604b848359fdc94806f9cdc5e8.jpeg

Quick photo dump of my Nuvo 10 this evening

I have some ideas to upgrade it and improve my coral growth. First and most obviously I need an AI prime above it. Second, has anybody ran a sicce pump with a loc line to dual RFG’s? I think this would improve flow and allow me to remove the Jebao SLW-10 that’s in there now. 

Other than that I’m glad I went bare bottom so far it’s been much easier to clean. Most of the rock/coral was transferred from my Evo 5 so my live rock was fine and had no evidence of a mini cycle or algae growth. 

I think I’ll be removing the devils hand leather and possibly the stunner chalice as they’re just too large for this tank. I’d like to turn it into a zoa garden and possibly even cycle a new larger rock in a bucket to eventually replace all the rock in there now.

I’d also like to start testing for Ca/Alk/mg and possibly dose if needed in the future. Any other advice on how to improve my tank would be greatly appreciated 🙂 

Great to see pics! To answer your question, the Sicce 1.0 is the biggest version of the Sicce pumps that fits in the back and I have run it with just a single rfg and it provides a decent amount of flow for softies and some lps, but a little more flow would be ideal (Nero 3 potentially or the Mighty Jet pump). I think putting loc line and 2 rfgs would significantly decrease flow and might not be quite what you're looking for?!

13 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

Great to see pics! To answer your question, the Sicce 1.0 is the biggest version of the Sicce pumps that fits in the back and I have run it with just a single rfg and it provides a decent amount of flow for softies and some lps, but a little more flow would be ideal (Nero 3 potentially or the Mighty Jet pump). I think putting loc line and 2 rfgs would significantly decrease flow and might not be quite what you're looking for?!

I figured the sicce 1.0 would be overkill enough that having 2 RFG’s would make the flow just right, but I think you’re right and the mighty jet pump makes more sense, thanks for the advice! 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...