Innovative Marine Aquariums

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Yes. I have the Apex Jr. module plus a four outlet expander on my 4g tank, and I ran a USB cable through the wall to my 4g tank in the next room. I have an 8 outlet module and the Temperature/Ph module on the 10g tank in that room.

I really don't find the Ph stuff all that helpful for my tanks. I dose and measure Alk and Ca daily, and as long as those are good, there's a never a problem with Ph. But it's nice to see it on the screen :)

• Like 2

Yes. I have the Apex Jr. module plus a four outlet expander on my 4g tank, and I ran a USB cable through the wall to my 4g tank in the next room. I have an 8 outlet module and the Temperature/Ph module on the 10g tank in that room.

I really don't find the Ph stuff all that helpful for my tanks. I dose and measure Alk and Ca daily, and as long as those are good, there's a never a problem with Ph. But it's nice to see it on the screen :)

I wish I had an Apex, that would be awesome! One day maybe.

Updated FTS, overloaded with coral :P

ywCd9An.jpg

I need to get a good camera so yall can actually see the color of all my corals! This KZ Coral Vitalizer is insane!!!

• Like 5

ywCd9An.jpg

I need to get a good camera so yall can actually see the color of all my corals! This KZ Coral Vitalizer is insane!!!

im lovin that scoly

• Like 3

teeny,

What Alk and Ca test are you using?

I use the Hanna checker for Alk and Salifert for Ca. I also use Salifert for Alk but the precision of the Hanna is nice. For alk, either one is easy to use and give pretty much the same results.

I tried the Hanna checker for Ca but it sucked. Should have done my research before I bought it.

Your tank is looking sweet!

• Like 1
Joined the Fusion 10 club. Setup in October.

Using a Hydor ATO, Nanobox Tide and InTank media basket.

IMG_20150120_0957492_zps7424e638.jpg

The tank looks awsome!

Are you running a skimmer? Any other upgrades or modifications? what kind of rock did you use? I am just gathering equipment for my Fusion 10. Almost ready to start my setup.

• Like 1

Thanks

No skimmer just running filter floss, carbon and purigen in the basket. Using Seachem Matrix in the back next to the heater for additional surface area for the bacteria. Hydor ATO is hooked up to Toms Aqualifter pump. Manually dose 2 Part daily.

• Like 1

Joined the Fusion 10 club. Setup in October.

Using a Hydor ATO, Nanobox Tide and InTank media basket.

What a sweet tank! I'm guessing you didn't grow all that from little frags since October did you? Start a build thread and tell us your secrets :)

Hello all,

Just ordered my fusion 10. Can't wait to start my own build.

Will have to wait for it for a while because innovative marine products aren't easy to find in Belgium.

Has anybody tried to use the intank fuge basket for the nuvo16 in the second chamber? I would like to install a small skimmer (like the pico skim 2.0) in the first chamber and setup a small fuge in the second. Is this a good idea?

Rory

• Like 2

As I get closer to setting up my Fusion 10 I have a burning question...

Skimmer or no skimmer???? If yes, the Pico or the Ghost?

I am currently reading The Nano-Reef Handbook and the author says that a skimmer is a must. I see that several IM Fusion 10 owners on the forum are skimmer less and their tanks look great.

Please let me know if you are running a skimmer and which one if you are.

Thanks.

In my opinion there is no right answer to skimmer or no skimmer.

It depends on

1) Are you on top of water changes?

2) What is your bioload?

3) What kind of livestock are you trying to keep in your tank.

Depending on the answer to the three questions above will dictate if you need a skimmer or not.

For example in my tank I have no fish and only LPS and Softies......also stay on top of WC's so no need for skimmer IMO.

If you are doing SPS/LPS and have three fish in a 10 gallon (not recommended), with heavy feeding you might be best suited to have a skimmer and still need to stay on top of WC's.

I agree, you don't NEED a skimmer on a tank this small. It does give you more flexibility in terms of how much you can load the tank, and how frequent and large your water changes need to be. It gives you a little bit of a "safety net" if you fall behind on water changes or have an unexpected increase in bioload.

On the other hand, it costs money and it's one more thing to play with to try to get tuned in and set up right.

I started my first tank without one and it ran fine for the first eight months before I added one.

Hello all,

Just ordered my fusion 10. Can't wait to start my own build.
Will have to wait for it for a while because innovative marine products aren't easy to find in Belgium.
Has anybody tried to use the intank fuge basket for the nuvo16 in the second chamber? I would like to install a small skimmer (like the pico skim 2.0) in the first chamber and setup a small fuge in the second. Is this a good idea?

Rory

Welcome!

Most folks (including me) run the intank basket in the first chamber, and the skimmer in the second. That way you filter the water first before running it through the skimmer, and the algae in the fuge gets a chance to get at the organics in the water before the skimmer clears it out.

• Like 2

Thx Teenyreef, your tank is a real looker with that awesome scape and beautiful Fitzgerald (cool name btw!). Just ordered my skimmer (atb hang on nano). Can't wait to have it home :-).

• Like 1
reefernanoman

So the club keeps growing huh? Excellent! I still love my tank. One of the best purchases that I have ever made in reefing after being in the hobby since 2005.

• Like 2

Any new video's en28so?

Wanted to order my nanobox tide but had a chat with a friend of mine who works at the customs office and he told me i have to pay like 140$ extra on taxes... Real bummer...

Still having sleepless nights about what fish i am going to keep. What do you guys suggest (besides clowns)?

I am looking for a probe holder for my Fusion 10 tank and an Apex controller. I would like provisions for 4 probes(3 as an minimum) if possible but I am concerned about room in the return chamber. I will already have the stock pump, Cobalt 50W heater and a Smart ATO sensor. Will the Apex probe holder fit? If not how about the Vertex?

I've got the Apex Jr. and I couldn't imagine living without the network connection. You can program and control it from the Apex Fusion website. Whenever I'm working on my tank I just pull out my cell phone and use that to turn off pumps/skimmer/ato. I never use the the actual controller panel, and only rarely use the builtin web server from my PC.

It's definitely more money but for me the convenience of controlling it from my cell phone is worth it.

I totally agree, I've got a full Apex on my IM10 and it's amazing.

Also anyway I can join the club? I've asked like 10 times, but I've gotten no resolve....

• Like 2

Any new video's en28so?

Wanted to order my nanobox tide but had a chat with a friend of mine who works at the customs office and he told me i have to pay like 140$ extra on taxes... Real bummer...

Still having sleepless nights about what fish i am going to keep. What do you guys suggest (besides clowns)?

I love my pink streaked wrasse :)

I am looking for a probe holder for my Fusion 10 tank and an Apex controller. I would like provisions for 4 probes(3 as an minimum) if possible but I am concerned about room in the return chamber. I will already have the stock pump, Cobalt 50W heater and a Smart ATO sensor. Will the Apex probe holder fit? If not how about the Vertex?

I don't have either one - I just hang mine over the edge of the tank and use a zip tie to hold all the cords and tubes together behind the tank so that everything stays in place. A probe holder would be really cool though :wub:

At least in my tank, I don't think there's room. I've got the heater and ATO sensor in the way, and that third chamber is pretty small.

I totally agree, I've got a full Apex on my IM10 and it's amazing.

Also anyway I can join the club? I've asked like 10 times, but I've gotten no resolve....

Obeythefro has been MIA for about a month, and he started this thread. Nobody else can edit it to add people to the list in the original post :(

I guess if he doesn't come back soon we could ask Chris if there's a way to change the owner of the thread, but I don't know if the software that runs this site has that capability. Worst case, I guess we could start a new semi-official thread and just copy all the stuff from the original post.

• Like 2

So, I don't really want to dig through the whole thread again, so i'm sorry for being lazy but...

Does anyone here have the PicO Skim 2.0 on their tank and working? I have the water level in my tank set to where IM says it should work and it's too low for the PicO skim... So my only options at this point are to not use it (sadface.jpg) or to move the skimmer to the first chamber where the water is higher, and then switch the filtration media and floss to the second chamber, with the floss in the bottom at the lowest point where the water flows up.

So, I don't really want to dig through the whole thread again, so i'm sorry for being lazy but...

Does anyone here have the PicO Skim 2.0 on their tank and working? I have the water level in my tank set to where IM says it should work and it's too low for the PicO skim... So my only options at this point are to not use it (sadface.jpg) or to move the skimmer to the first chamber where the water is higher, and then switch the filtration media and floss to the second chamber, with the floss in the bottom at the lowest point where the water flows up.

I am pretty sure teenyreef has one on his, it was in the 3rd chamber in his and he was running it with water about half an inch under the lip on the inside of chamber 3 effectively. I wish I could chip in on this one, but mine is still in the mail -.-