Coral Vue Hydros

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Miamifish897

Looking for some suggestions on what coral to ad next...

I have some green zoas and I just added a ricordia. I also have an emerald crab (never see him, he is always on the back of the rocks) and some snails.

My wife like the look of a torch, frogspawn and hammer but I am not sure.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

I have three frogspawns a gold torch and a hammer in my tank and they do well and look beautiful. They are pretty easy to care for and great to start off with but it is true that you will need to seperate them and that's hard in such a small space. Have you considered Xenias and leather corals I have a forest of xenias and a really nice neon green leather coral. Both are pretty hardy and look great in a tank like this. Can't go wrong with some zoas.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd throw this out there for others having trouble with the ghost desktop skimmer. I recieved mine Friday, Sunday I gave it a pure vinegar bath with it running for a couple hours. I rinsed it off before putting it back in the tank, closed my air valve till no bubbles then slowly opened it back up till I got bigger bubbles forming at the top inside the chamber then adjusted the cup so that the cup over flow elbow cap is even with the top of the body. I woke up this morning to light green skimmate and by this evening it was still getting darker with no bubbles getting into display.

• Like 2

That's awesome! Most of us had lots of microbubbles when we tried to break it in that way. We had to crank the venturii all the way open for a week or two, and then we were able to set it the way you described. The Ghost really does work great, though, once it's broken in.

I did crank it all the way open during the vinegar bath to get as high as I could on the inside since the container I used was slightly shorter that the skimmer body

• Like 1
reefernanoman

That's awesome! Most of us had lots of microbubbles when we tried to break it in that way. We had to crank the venturii all the way open for a week or two, and then we were able to set it the way you described. The Ghost really does work great, though, once it's broken in.

I have been giving the vinegar bath tip for a long time teeny! Lol.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Wondering what everybody is feeding their mixed reefs? If you have fish, what are you feeding them?

How often do you feed?

Reef chili once a week for my corals right before my 1g weekly water change, mini mysis for my fish and shrimp once a week (also right before my WC), and after that I feed the fish and shrimp New Life Spectrum marine fish formula pellets(the small ones) once every other day. Lots of people here also use NLS.
  • Like 1

For the fish its New Life Spectrum 1mm pellets, for the fish and the corals, its Mysis in a squirt bottle, I forget the name. Fish once daily, corals every 3 days or so

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Anyway I can get in on this club?!! I think I looked through every build twice while trying to decide on a plan for my own.

Sure! Just go snatch a Fusion 10G, make your build thread then post here!

Plantedbliss

i'm so tempted to buy a IM20 and turn my 10 into a frag/QT tank

Same here, but I'm really liking the Fusion Micro 30L, price isnt too bad either.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Is the return pump flow adjustable?

Yup, it looks like a slider. It comes in the lowest setting from the factory. I put it about half way and it works great for me there.

• Like 1

Yup, it looks like a slider. It comes in the lowest setting from the factory. I put it about half way and it works great for me there.

Awesome, had no idea should fix some problems in my tank :D

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Awesome, had no idea should fix some problems in my tank :D

Cool. I had to put an mp10wes in there to get things moving for my corals because the flow of the return pump is not enough, even at the highest setting. Some people just upgrade the return pump, but I wanted more controllability through my Apex.

• Like 3

I think the combination of the MP10 and the stock return pump is really nice. That way you can keep the return pump flow at the best rate for filtration, and use the MP10 to increase the flow in the display tank.

• Like 2

Cool. I had to put an mp10wes in there to get things moving for my corals because the flow of the return pump is not enough, even at the highest setting. Some people just upgrade the return pump, but I wanted more controllability through my Apex.

I think the combination of the MP10 and the stock return pump is really nice. That way you can keep the return pump flow at the best rate for filtration, and use the MP10 to increase the flow in the display tank.

Indeed! If you got some spare bling, its worth getting an MP10. If you are not quite as pocket heavy after ordering everything, you can go the route I did by upgrading the stock pump to something stronger.

Either route is a definite step up from using just the stock pump, especially if yours craps out on you a week later like mine did.

• Like 2

Indeed! If you got some spare bling, its worth getting an MP10. If you are not quite as pocket heavy after ordering everything, you can go the route I did by upgrading the stock pump to something stronger.

Either route is a definite step up from using just the stock pump, especially if yours craps out on you a week later like mine did.

MP10 is tempting, maybe in a few weeks ill add one.

• Like 2

Hmm. I am setting aside about $300 for more corals in a few months, if I cant find any that I like then maybe I will jump on the MP10 bandwagon instead? B)

(fat chance of that though, my LFS is a coral god around these parts lol)

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Hmm. I am setting aside about $300 for more corals in a few months, if I cant find any that I like then maybe I will jump on the MP10 bandwagon instead? B)

(fat chance of that though, my LFS is a coral god around these parts lol)

I would check the classifieds here when you do. Lots of good deals on mp10's. Remember that it can't be run at more than 40% on a small tank, so noise wouldn't be an issue.

• Like 2