Innovative Marine Aquariums

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

•  

I would check the classifieds here when you do. Lots of good deals on mp10's. Remember that it can't be run at more than 40% on a small tank, so noise wouldn't be an issue.

Yep, good plan en28so. I know I complained about keeping a nice clean inside scape with no pump hanging on the side of my tank when I was originally setting things up but now I wouldn't really mind one. It would make it look more like a "reef tank" in my mind and then I would feel like I was part of the big boy (and girl) club finally. :)
  • Like 2
reefernanoman

•  

Yep, good plan en28so. I know I complained about keeping a nice clean inside scape with no pump hanging on the side of my tank when I was originally setting things up but now I wouldn't really mind one. It would make it look more like a "reef tank" in my mind and then I would feel like I was part of the big boy (and girl) club finally. :)

Then you can get an Apex Jr and a wxm module later down the line :)

• Like 2

Then you can get an Apex Jr and a wxm module later down the line :)

I read somewhere that your ghostskim goes nuts when glueing a frag, did you ever figure out a way to fix this? I think thats what caused my ghostskim to go nuts.

reefernanoman

I read somewhere that your ghostskim goes nuts when glueing a frag, did you ever figure out a way to fix this? I think thats what caused my ghostskim to go nuts.

Yes! I was using JBWeld and my skimmer would throw micro bubbles for at least two weeks, even if I gave it a vinegar bath and changed the water. I resolved the issue by using Tunze coral gum and super glue gel. The coral gum is very expensive, but it will not affect my skimmer, so that is priceless! It works pretty well too and it's not white(it almost does look like coraline color) like JBWeld is.

• Like 1

Yes! I was using JBWeld and my skimmer would throw micro bubbles for at least two weeks, even if I gave it a vinegar bath and changed the water. I resolved the issue by using Tunze coral gum and super glue gel. The coral gum is very expensive, but it will not affect my skimmer, so that is priceless! It works pretty well too and it's not white(it almost does look like coraline color) like JBWeld is.

Thanks, will use this from now on. You're right definitely worth it.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I'm getting back into the hobby after a 4 year break. Thinking about starting with one of these tanks. What stand do you guys use for this tank?

Thanks,

i know they'll fit on a biocube stand, but it won't be a flush fit. i have mine sitting on my dresser awaiting for me to not be lazy and make a stand.

on a unrelated note. After 1 week of using red sea, i have about 5-6 new heads of acan's popping up between my two colonies. they did not grow this fast when all i did was feed mysis. i would def recommend red sea 2 part reef energy.

• Like 1

Hey thanks.

Hmm, looking for something is either flush or something that's bigger where the tank doesn't hang over the edges.

What is everyone's thoughts on the following:

mp10 for flow: this will be my first rimless. I'm paranoid that the mp10 will create just enough vibration that it will cause the tank to break in the long term. This most likely won't happen, but just wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

ghost protein skimmer: thoughts? seems to be decent

Thanks everyone. was in the hobby for 7 years, then took a 4 year break. now starting to get back into.

this tank looks awesome.

you should be fine with the mp10, the only breaks you'll have to be worried about vibrations are with the NUVO series that has the bow front edges. they're ticking time bombs and i just shake my head every time i see a new one pop up. this new series of NUVO's have stayed pretty dry so far but only time will tell to be honest.

i don't run the ghost skimmer, or any skimmer. but as long as you give it a nice break in with a vinegar bath it should be pulling skim-mate in no time.

these tanks are really impressive for $100. the stock return pump is perfect for filtration flow, all you really need to worry about after that is a circulation pump and your lighting situation.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Hey thanks.

Hmm, looking for something is either flush or something that's bigger where the tank doesn't hang over the edges.

What is everyone's thoughts on the following:

mp10 for flow: this will be my first rimless. I'm paranoid that the mp10 will create just enough vibration that it will cause the tank to break in the long term. This most likely won't happen, but just wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

ghost protein skimmer: thoughts? seems to be decent

Thanks everyone. was in the hobby for 7 years, then took a 4 year break. now starting to get back into.

this tank looks awesome. MP10, no ro

MP10 will be "A" OK. I think the tanks breaking due to MP10's is really a myth. I'm currently using the ghost skimmer and would recommend to skip it and get something more useful like an ATO. I really think that a skimmer on nano tanks is more of a waste of time, they are loud, produce more micro bubbles than anything and are not really necessary. Good luck!

Thanks, will use this from now on. You're right definitely worth it.

You still have to use super glue gel from loctite, but the glue doesn't mess with your skimmer. I tried using the coral gum without it, but it didn't work too well.

you should be fine with the mp10, the only breaks you'll have to be worried about vibrations are with the NUVO series that has the bow front edges. they're ticking time bombs and i just shake my head every time i see a new one pop up. this new series of NUVO's have stayed pretty dry so far but only time will tell to be honest.

i don't run the ghost skimmer, or any skimmer. but as long as you give it a nice break in with a vinegar bath it should be pulling skim-mate in no time.

these tanks are really impressive for $100. the stock return pump is perfect for filtration flow, all you really need to worry about after that is a circulation pump and your lighting situation.

Well time says that my Fusion 10G has been running for about 6 months with ZERO problems.

• Like 1

great info everyone. sorry, i normally research like crazy on this info. what's everyone's thoughts ln the stock skyye light? planning on mostly softies/lps. might have some sps down the road. but, not sure ifi want to get into sps again. i got burned out from it last time with keeping with calcium alkalinity levels.

reefernanoman

great info everyone. sorry, i normally research like crazy on this info. what's everyone's thoughts ln the stock skyye light? planning on mostly softies/lps. might have some sps down the road. but, not sure ifi want to get into sps again. i got burned out from it last time with keeping with calcium alkalinity levels.

I gave my friend a really nice SPS orange monti cap(he has two skyye lights on his fusion 20G) and it turned brown and died. I think that it will not be able to support SPS if you asked me. LPS and lower should be OK. I never check calcium and ALK ion both of my 28G and 10G tanks and I'm able to grow SPS with no issues BTW.

reefernanoman

What is the cheapest stand, besides making your own, that someone has bought for our fusion 10G? List your price to find out please? ;)

I have mine on a 4 cube bookshelf from Walmart... 40 bucks... Fits perfect front to back and just enough room on the sides to lay something down on if you need to

• Like 1

My a to water is in the bottom cube. My 2 part is in the top cube. Both are hidden by canvas like drawers that like are made to fit in them

Made to fit in the cubes I should say

• Like 1

Well time says that my Fusion 10G has been running for about 6 months with ZERO problems.

mines hitting the 5 month mark and zero problems to report from my side as well.

i feel like if anything was to happen we'd be some of the first to experience any problems that could occur(we have some of the forst bat hes and oldest running IM systems as far as production models go).

so far IM has made me happy unlike some of the bad expereinces a lot of people report with their products. id def buy another one as well as reccomend it to anyone looking for a simple and cheap AIO

by the way, your tanks looking really nice en28so

• Like 1
reefernanoman

My a to water is in the bottom cube. My 2 part is in the top cube. Both are hidden by canvas like drawers that like are made to fit in themMade to fit in the cubes I should say

Awesome! Can you take a picture of those things? Thanks!

mines hitting the 5 month mark and zero problems to report from my side as well.

i feel like if anything was to happen we'd be some of the first to experience any problems that could occur(we have some of the forst bat hes and oldest running IM systems as far as production models go).

so far IM has made me happy unlike some of the bad expereinces a lot of people report with their products. id def buy another one as well as reccomend it to anyone looking for a simple and cheap AIO

by the way, your tanks looking really nice en28so

Thanks! yours too! And pretty soon my tank will have a blue and white minitide on top! I can't wait til the beginning of next month!
  • Like 1

Thanks! Where do you guys put your ATO and other stuff like that?

I keep a little 2.5 gallon tank on the bottom, lasts me about a week and a half.

16290530393_0d67a4c076_z.jpg

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I keep a little 2.5 gallon tank on the bottom, lasts me about a week and a half.

16290530393_0d67a4c076_z.jpg

That looks very clean! I have a spare 2.5g just like that, but no furniture to put it in.

Do you get any slime in there? I know that if I keep the water there for too long, slime developes.

• Like 1

That looks very clean! I have a spare 2.5g just like that, but no furniture to put it in.

Do you get any slime in there? I know that if I keep the water there for too long, slime developes.

Nope, I ran the same set up on my last tank for almost a year, since it doesn't last very long before you need to replace it I don't have any problems. You might if you left water in there for a long time without changing but that's unlikely for what you're using it for.

• Like 1