Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

The Ghost Desktop Skimmer:

en28so and teenyreef: Thank you both for your help in setting up the Ghost Desktop Skimmer. I submerged my GDS in vinegar, set the air valve to run full open, and let it run for 8 hours. I saw no micro-bubbles in the vinegar bath at that point, so I removed the skimmer, gave it a good fresh water rinse, and placed it in the middle compartment of my Fusion 10g, and followed teeny's advice. It's working great. No micro-bubbles at all.

I have been giving the vinegar bath tip for a long time teeny! Lol.

teenyreef wrote:

The IM Desktop and the IM10 were designed to go together. So long as you set up the water level in chamber 3 to be a little below the divider between chamber 2 and 3, the water in chamber 2 is the right height for the skimmer. In my tank, I have the water about 1/2" below the dividing wall.

The skimmer takes up most of the space in chamber 2, and while the water level outside the skimmer is lower, in my tank the water inside the skimmer is almost exactly 1" below the top of the white section. I've got the skimmer cup almost all the way down, with the bubbles at minimum. I'm getting good skimmate and very little noise, and no microbubbles.

Now ask me how long it took me to get it set that way, and to have it actually work? About three months

• Like 3

I'm trying to order a Fusion 10 and jump on the bandwagon but i can't find anywhere to purchase it that's not out of stock..

Any ideas?

Super pissed right now, just got the message that my tank isn't coming!

The lfs (only one in my country) that offered these, stopped their cooperation with the distributor for europe! So i have been waiting and collecting items for the tank for two months for nothing.

This just sucks big time!

reefernanoman

Super pissed right now, just got the message that my tank isn't coming!

The lfs (only one in my country) that offered these, stopped their cooperation with the distributor for europe! So i have been waiting and collecting items for the tank for two months for nothing.

This just sucks big time!

Sorry to hear that! That's irritating.

I'm trying to order a Fusion 10 and jump on the bandwagon but i can't find anywhere to purchase it that's not out of stock..

Any ideas?

Aquacave has them listed as "in stock". That's where I bought mine and they are great to deal with :http://www.aquacave.com/innovative-marine-10-gallon-fusion-aquarium.html
  • Like 1

Don't know what to do right now... Look form something else... Maybe red sea reefer or something.

i guess it all depends how bad you want one now. i know marine depot does international shipping, but i wouldn't trust anything in the shape of an aquarium making it through customs in one piece.

are there any custom tank makers in belgium? maybe find one and just copy the dimensions of the IM.

i guess it all depends how bad you want one now. i know marine depot does international shipping, but i wouldn't trust anything in the shape of an aquarium making it through customs in one piece.

are there any custom tank makers in belgium? maybe find one and just copy the dimensions of the IM.

I can buy kinda the same tank dimensionwise , aqua medic yasha...

Just have to make a mesh screen...

post-86885-0-19612400-1427221149_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Wondering who might be using a camera with their Apex controller.

If you are using a camera, please let me know what camera you are using.

Thanks!

reefernanoman

What do you guys and gals think about my plans of putting a beautiful rainbow BTA into one corner of my fusion 10G? I know that they grow huge, but my black and white clown keeps rubbing against my corals(but I know that he might not host it, but he did host my GBTA before) . I could remove my hammer and hopefully the nem stays put(which is not guaranteed). Or I could find a spot inside my NC 28G.

It's about the size of a baseball currently.

What do you guys and gals think about my plans of putting a beautiful rainbow BTA into one corner of my fusion 10G? I know that they grow huge, but my black and white clown keeps rubbing against my corals(but I know that he might not host it, but he did host my GBTA before) . I could remove my hammer and hopefully the nem stays put(which is not guaranteed). Or I could find a spot inside my NC 28G.

I do not have any personal experience but I inquired about adding one to my Fusion 10 while at Tidal Gardens last weekend and they did not feel that the tank was large enough.

Bella's Reef

I have a Rose that is pretty large but I am no longer going to feed it mysis like I was in my other tank, I also have Tri-Color Green Grape & a Flame/Watermelon hybrid in my Fusion. All are healthy and doing well.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I do not have any personal experience but I inquired about adding one to my Fusion 10 while at Tidal Gardens last weekend and they did not feel that the tank was large enough.

Well they can get huge. My GBTA has tripled in size in about 6 months. It used to be smaller than my 3 inch female MCF, now the nem is bigger than my clown.

Thanks for cluing me in about Aqua Cave. I ordered one yesterday along with a Finnex heater controler and they will be here friday. Thanks again.

You're welcome! I got mine from them way back on September last year when nobody had it in stock(it had just come out). I got lucky because a week after I bought it, this tank became a unicorn for a couple of months.

reefernanoman

Nobody else had it in stock. Not BRS, not MD, not F+S, not Premium Aquatics, nobody.

Huh. It was the same thing when I got mine from them! Only Aquacave had it.

reefernanoman

Same with me too.

Cool, so you got yours from Aquacave too? I don't know how they do it, but they are good at having unicorns in stock.

Cool, so you got yours from Aquacave too? I don't know how they do it, but they are good at having unicorns in stock.

+1 from Aquacave. I got min in December from them when everybody else was out of stock.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

+1 from Aquacave. I got min in December from them when everybody else was out of stock.

AC is a very good company, but they don't seem to post much here on NR.

Is anyone here getting the AI PRIME for their fusion 10G?

I have to admit that it looks like it might be a cool light to check out. I would love to be able to do a side by side comparison with my NB Tide.

Is anyone here getting the AI PRIME for their fusion 10G?

I'm just getting my fusion tomorrow and i'm going to start it with a PAR 30 light but have plans to upgrade in about 2 more SS checks.

I will for sure consider the AI PRIME along with a Mini Tide after reading some reviews on the PRIME.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I have to admit that it looks like it might be a cool light to check out. I would love to be able to do a side by side comparison with my NB Tide.

I didn't mention anything in the other thread about this because someone is trying to say that I'm like a nanobox fanboy or whatever.

I don't know how that happened, since I mentioned a few times that the Prime looks like a good little light.