Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Brownsugar2000

I bought the Spin-Stream and now I wish I hadn't. The tank has been running for a day nice and quite, I put the SpinStream on this morning and the thing is crazy loud. Time to take it out and try and get rid of it. Great idea, poor design.

I got one and placed it in the tank but it was way too loud, I took it out. Luckily I have the Jeboa wp 10 which gives me good flow in the tank.

• Like 1

I've got three sexy shrimp, one red mithrax crab, a harlequin serpent starfish, a huge red brittle starfish, a nano sized blue legged hermit, three big nerites, and bunches of cerith/dwarf cerith/nassarius snails. Plus various sponges, spaghetti worms, and other filter feeders that came on my live rock. Oh, and at least one or two pretty red fleshy limpets, although I haven't seen them in a month or more.

I had a lot of macro algae when I started the tank, but there's not a scrap to be seen anywhere now :)

I've got three sexy shrimp, one red mithrax crab, a harlequin serpent starfish, a huge red brittle starfish, a nano sized blue legged hermit, three big nerites, and bunches of cerith/dwarf cerith/nassarius snails. Plus various sponges, spaghetti worms, and other filter feeders that came on my live rock. Oh, and at least one or two pretty red fleshy limpets, although I haven't seen them in a month or more.

I had a lot of macro algae when I started the tank, but there's not a scrap to be seen anywhere now :)

Yours sounds closer to what I'm thinking I'll end up with. Whoooole buncha snails. I've got to wait until next Monday(not this coming one) to have a day lined up with reef cleaners, though :(
  • Like 1

who wants to do my water change for me?

I do! Bring your tank over and I'll take care of it :D

Yours sounds closer to what I'm thinking I'll end up with. Whoooole buncha snails. I've got to wait until next Monday(not this coming one) to have a day lined up with reef cleaners, though :(

John at Reefcleaners is the best! It will be worth the wait.

reefernanoman

who wants to do my water change for me?

Since doing a 1g weekly water change takes a whole 15 minutes.

Actually you should have done mine, since my tank is having a problem that I don't even know what it is :(.

• Like 1

John at Reefcleaners is the best! It will be worth the wait.

That's what I keep reading! I can't believe his prices. I almost struggled with finding a combination of snails that met the $5 minimum and didn't feel like way too many to add. Compared to the available species and prices at my lfs, it's a no brainer.

Right now I've just got one nerite and two astreas. The ceriths I'd bought never moved again once I got them home.

• Like 1

Order either the 5.5g or 10g package. Trust me, you will have snails flowing out of your ears. John is notorious for his inability to count :lol:

You'll have way more snails than listed in the the package either way. The biggest difference is you will get bigger nerites with the 10g package.

reefernanoman

Uh oh, still dealing with the Febreeze Incident?

I think so. My polyp extension is just not where it should be. I had to remove my superman monti because it was starting to look very bad. I checked ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrates 2-5ppm salinity 1.026-27, ph 8.0 and temperature 82. I went ahead and did a 4G water change which is like more than 50% instead of the usual weekly 1G. I have done nothing different to my tank and the only thing I can think of is the very strong febreeze smell. Well at least my nanobox should be here today but I have to work at 2pm. :(

Order either the 5.5g or 10g package. Trust me, you will have snails flowing out of your ears. John is notorious for his inability to count :lol:

You'll have way more snails than listed in the the package either way. The biggest difference is you will get bigger nerites with the 10g package.

So, if I were to order the 5.5 but wanted 3 nassarius instead of 2, I shouldn't worry about it? Haha

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Got my minitide today with the Bluefish mini, with the moonlight channel and an extra two channels for a total of 5 channels. Wohoo. Quick pictures before I went off to work :

20150411_112124.jpg20150411_131630.jpg

• Like 7

Since doing a 1g weekly water change takes a whole 15 minutes.

Actually you should have done mine, since my tank is having a problem that I don't even know what it is :(.

ive been doing 60 hour work weeks for the past month, i'm not complaining about the paychecks though.

still recovering from the febreeze? just keep up with a few more 2-4 gallon water changes and you should be back on track in a few weeks.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

ive been doing 60 hour work weeks for the past month, i'm not complaining about the paychecks though.

still recovering from the febreeze? just keep up with a few more 2-4 gallon water changes and you should be back on track in a few weeks.

I hear you! I'm also working 6 days a week and 10 hr days due to staffing issues! I was just giving you a hard time. :) I can't think of anything else that it could be, besides the fabreeze. I even bought that expensive as test kit from RS to ensure accuracy on my test results. So do you think that I should do a couple of more 4g water changes? Thanks.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

A few more 4g water changes once a week?

Mine's been running for a few months now. This section was very helpful:
Lighting: Kessil 160WE
Filter: InTank Basket w/ Chemipure Blue and Filter pad
SkimMate Ghost
Flow: MP10
ATO: Tunze 3152

CaptCarl

post-87431-0-80381400-1428842804_thumb.jpg

post-87431-0-21112800-1428842818_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

SkimMate Ghost

CaptCarl

This looks really nice!

What fish is everyone keeping in their tanks?

I don't plan to keep but one fish. Most likely a neon goby. I am still looking at what is out there. I am really concerned about bio load. I am interested to see what everyone says. If a sexy shrimp counts as a fish then I will have 2 fish.

Got my minitide today with the Bluefish mini, with the moonlight channel and an extra two channels for a total of 5 channels. Wohoo. Quick pictures before I went off to work :

20150411_112124.jpg20150411_131630.jpg

This looks really nice. I like the light, if I had not found a used Prime that is what I was going to buy.
  • Like 1
reefernanoman

En28so... How high is your water level in chamber 3?(return pump chamber) is it level with 2 or do you have a water fall into it?

It's just slightly lower than chamber 2. Hopefully you can tell where the level is in my video :

reefernanoman

What fish is everyone keeping in their tanks?

Teeny got like 6 of them in there! I have a black and white clownfish(who is very annoying) and a YWMG with his two candy pistol shrimp buddies.

SkimMate Ghost

CaptCarl

Looks good! Nice equipment and welcome to the club!