SaltCritters.com

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Better picture of my minitide in action:

IMG_2120.jpg

looks great! I like the color scheme went with on your tide. I should get mine this week for my fusion 10!! can't wait! ill post a pic when its up and running.

• Like 2

I got a shipping confirmation for my minitide today! How about a grow out contest between the PRIME guys/gals against the minitide tide guys(and gals) and all the other lights in here? Friendly though, not name calling or fanboy stuff. ;)

I think it would almost be impossible to do this kind of contest due to the variety of methods used to help grow corals here and also the many different types of hardware used in our tanks. :)

It would be super if someone (with the means) would purchase a Prime and a MiniTide and a tank at least 30" long and then put the exact same coral on both ends of the tank under each light for a growout and color comparison. Same tank, same water parameters, same feeding, same flow.

I would be glad to sacrifice my time and effort if someone would fund me......LOL.

• Like 4

It would be super if someone (with the means) would purchase a Prime and a MiniTide and a tank at least 30" long and then put the exact same coral on both ends of the tank under each light for a growout and color comparison. Same tank, same water parameters, same feeding, same flow.

I would be glad to sacrifice my time and effort if someone would fund me......LOL.

Crowdfund? That'd be easy if enough people were interested. But then who'd be the lucky devil? haha.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

looks great! I like the color scheme went with on your tide. I should get mine this week for my fusion 10!! can't wait! ill post a pic when its up and running.

Thanks. I'll be waiting for your pics

Where's everyone positioning/pointing their power heads, I can't get mine right (hydor425) , everyday I come home and the sand is either covering the rocks or pushed to a corner.

Where's everyone positioning/pointing their power heads, I can't get mine right (hydor425) , everyday I come home and the sand is either covering the rocks or pushed to a corner.

Same thing is happening to me with my RW-4! I ordered a lower voltage power supply for it to drop the flow. Even at its lowest setting it was moving my sand into piles

reefernanoman

Same thing is happening to me with my RW-4! I ordered a lower voltage power supply for it to drop the flow. Even at its lowest setting it was moving my sand into piles

When I was using a WP10 on my tank, this was never an issue, but maybe it's less powerful than the RW4

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Uh oh, still dealing with the Febreeze Incident?

Hey teeny. I think that my corals might me doing a little better now. I wanted to ask you what you feed your Acans, since I have heard that they get very colorful like yours! I'm only feeding them reef chilli once a week and I don't think that's cutting it. Thanks!

My rainbow acans are only showing green and white!

Hey everyone. I'm looking to get back into the game and have been eying this little tank. So what's the overall opinions on this tank? Seems to be a good bang for the buck.

Hey everyone. I'm looking to get back into the game and have been eying this little tank. So what's the overall opinions on this tank? Seems to be a good bang for the buck.

I was like you, I took 5 years off then came back and decided on this tank after looking at the jbj, CADlights, etc... it's a great tank you can't go wrong with it.

• Like 1

Yeah I was just thinking you can't really beat the price. Now I just gotta see if I want to buy it with a skimmer or not. Any opinions on the ghost skimmer?

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Yeah I was just thinking you can't really beat the price. Now I just gotta see if I want to buy it with a skimmer or not. Any opinions on the ghost skimmer?

Try it without the skimmer. It does work pretty well, but it's loud. I don't think it's necessary. I love my fusion 10G after 7 months!

Bella's Reef

I would consider a desktop reactor over the skimmer, just stay on top of water changes. I myself am going that route if I can find a IM Desktop Reactor for cheap.

Hi,

Just got my IM fusion 10g. this tank is awesome! Also, just put on the nanobox light too.

How does everyone have it attached to the tank? When attaching mine to the back wall of the tank, it doesn't seem like it reaches all the way to the center of the display tank.

Also, I have the bluefish controller. What channel settings are you guys using? It seems to go by percentages with this software. I was going to use 255 for channel 1 and 105 for channel 2. But, it seems this setting is based on older software?

Thanks,

Has anyone gotten the pico skim 2.0 to work well in this tank or is there a better skimmer that you guys would recommend? I'm starting to plan my own build and getting ideas. thanks

reefernanoman

What are you guys keeping in your intank media baskets, I have one coming and was wondering what kind of filtration I should use.

Filter floss on top, then two bags of Chemipure blue nano (one in each slot). They are the perfect size! InTank sells them.

• Like 1

Filter floss on top, then two bags of Chemipure blue nano (one in each slot). They are the perfect size! InTank sells them.

Yep, Chemipure blue nano works perfect. Good Stuff!!! Also better flow then using the larger size bag.

• Like 1