Coral Vue Hydros

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

reefernanoman

Lots a stuff has been showing up in the mail. The tank and AI Prime get here tomorrow. Can't wait!3e318a985068af4e893e069f58ba78bc.jpg

Nice! Looking forward to seeing you thread.

Purchased AI Prime today along with my heater, and Tunze nano ATO. InTank media rack arrived today. Taking in 10 gallons of RSCP salt water, 5 Gallons on TO water, Sand from my Red Sea 650 and live rock from sump. Tomorrow is a big day.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing your equipment running together nicely.

Guess it's time to make a build thread

b5afd759dfdd986c4a6c164e12aa794b.jpg

Yay, you got the Prime!!!

Please do share your thoughts on this fixture including the hanging kit. Thanks!

• Like 2

I bought the Spin-Stream and now I wish I hadn't. The tank has been running for a day nice and quite, I put the SpinStream on this morning and the thing is crazy loud. Time to take it out and try and get rid of it. Great idea, poor design.

reefernanoman

I bought the Spin-Stream and now I wish I hadn't. The tank has been running for a day nice and quite, I put the SpinStream on this morning and the thing is crazy loud. Time to take it out and try and get rid of it. Great idea, poor design.

I have heard that about this product many times. Can you return it for a refund or exchange?

It quiets down in about a week. Mine was suuuuuper loud when I first got it. It's silent now.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I got a shipping confirmation for my minitide today! How about a grow out contest between the PRIME guys/gals against the minitide tide guys(and gals) and all the other lights in here? Friendly though, not name calling or fanboy stuff. ;)

I think it would almost be impossible to do this kind of contest due to the variety of methods used to help grow corals here and also the many different types of hardware used in our tanks. :)

• Like 2

I got a shipping confirmation for my minitide today! How about a grow out contest between the PRIME guys/gals against the minitide tide guys(and gals) and all the other lights in here? Friendly though, not name calling or fanboy stuff. ;)

I think it would almost be impossible to do this kind of contest due to the variety of methods used to help grow corals here and also the many different types of hardware used in our tanks. :)

Sounds like a good idea, I was thinking of switching to the mini tide. I like the look of it a lot more.

My latest FTS :)

IMG_0223.jpg

• Like 5

Finally setup. Used sand and rock from my tank at home and a little water. Hope I don't have much of a cycle. Most likely will add some coral Monday if it all looks good. This thing is fun.

post-87773-0-63223700-1428589533_thumb.jpg

post-87773-0-94788500-1428589533_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It quiets down in about a week. Mine was suuuuuper loud when I first got it. It's silent now.

I am hoping. Thanks for the advice, was going to pull it out today.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Sounds like a good idea, I was thinking of switching to the mini tide. I like the look of it a lot more.

My latest FTS :)

IMG_0223.jpg

Looking great!

Finally setup. Used sand and rock from my tank at home and a little water. Hope I don't have much of a cycle. Most likely will add some coral Monday if it all looks good. This thing is fun.

Nice! looking to see how nice those corals are going to look under the PRIME.

• Like 2

Looks good!

reefernanoman

Looks good!

When I have used sand and rock from my other tanks to start a new smaller one, there has been absolutely no cycle for me.

• Like 1

When I have used sand and rock from my other tanks to start a new smaller one, there has been absolutely no cycle for me.

Maybe some corals tomorrow. Thanks for the input!

• Like 1

I am hoping. Thanks for the advice, was going to pull it out today.

No problem! I was pretty worried when I installed mine haha. My tank's in my bedroom, so minimal noise is preferred. As to the current silence, I can't even hear the spinstream with my ear to the glass. This is with the MJ600.

You've got a good looking start!

Oh yeah. Forgot to ask to formerly join the club :P Got the link in my sig.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

No problem! I was pretty worried when I installed mine haha. My tank's in my bedroom, so minimal noise is preferred. As to the current silence, I can't even hear the spinstream with my ear to the glass. This is with the MJ600.

You've got a good looking start!

Oh yeah. Forgot to ask to formerly join the club :P Got the link in my sig.

No problem! Welcome to the big ass club!

• Like 1

That AI Prime looks sweet. What is everyone's thoughts on it? Users of it, please chime in.

Considering swapping out my AI Nano for this little bad boy.................

That AI Prime looks sweet. What is everyone's thoughts on it? Users of it, please chime in.

Considering swapping out my AI Nano for this little bad boy.................

I've been running mine for a few days now and I'm very impressed. The app is killer and the light output is impressive

628b7718c16d123d6e722fb1cb899296.jpg

• Like 6

I have 1 blue hermit, 1 fighting conch (he's a temp resident from my tank at home who may become a permanent resident), and 5 sexy shrimp. These guys do a darn fine job of cleanup :-)

post-82935-0-36510900-1428689667_thumb.jpg

• Like 2