Coral Vue Hydros

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

HarryPotter

so my power was out yesterday for a total of 26 hours. my part of new jersey got hit pretty hard from a thunderstorm that started it all the night of the 23rd. the tank sat stagnant for about 12 hours until i could get all the supplies i needed to run the tank. i went over to a friends house a neighborhood over and mixed some water in his kitchen. after that i ran to lowes and grabbed their last power inverter, luckily it was 400w and enough to run what i needed. i did a 2g water change on the display area and ran the rw and the ato off of my car and an extension chord running up to my room. after about 6 hours of turning my car into a generator my power came back on.

luckily, only two of my acan frag's are pissed, and my tank didn't crash.

Someone told me that you can use a hand whisker to mix up the water and oxygenate then sufficiently.

A battery air pump is a must IMO- they start automatically in the case of a power failure, are under $15, and can easily save a tann

• Like 1

Has anyone had experience putting a goby and a pistol shrimp in a tank this size? I'm afraid they'll make a mess out of the sand. I once had a tiger pistol shrimp and he moved tons of sand around. But I heard the other type of pistol shrimp wasn't so destructive as the tiger because of smaller claws.

Someone told me that you can use a hand whisker to mix up the water and oxygenate then sufficiently.

A battery air pump is a must IMO- they start automatically in the case of a power failure, are under $15, and can easily save a tann

yeah i have 2 battery powered air pumps. the time that it went out until the time i could get out of work is what really risked the tank. my d batteries ran out within an hour of running both (granted, they were old but still in the package).

next on the list is a marine dry cell battery and a bigger inverter. then after that ill be buying a 3500w power generator.

Hey guys,

I just got my 10 Gallon Nuvo today. I am looking to upgrade the light to something that can support a RBTA, acans, zoas, montis, and maybe some frogspawn. I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money right now, because I am kinda broke buying the tank, powerhead, sand, and rocks. So, is there a light that is uner $100 that can work for what I want? Please help

How about this?

Http://coralcompusion.com/led-21w-22k

Hey guys,

I just got my 10 Gallon Nuvo today. I am looking to upgrade the light to something that can support a RBTA, acans, zoas, montis, and maybe some frogspawn. I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money right now, because I am kinda broke buying the tank, powerhead, sand, and rocks. So, is there a light that is uner $100 that can work for what I want? Please help

How about this?

honestly, i'd say just use the stock light to cycle the tank and add very low light corals like the zoa's until you can afford something over $100. good lighting goes a long way.

and for the rbta, it could be very difficult keeping a 'nem like that in a 10g. they move around frequently, and overflow's will restrict water and kill the 'nem at the same time.

Patrickpatrick

Here's my Nuvo 10 I just set up! Just waiting for my tide from Dave! I can't wait!!! =DC61B23F6-A1E4-41E9-859D-CDE72076AD3C_zps

Nice tonga rockscape and patterns on that clown fish is one of the nicest I have seen.

reefernanoman

Has anyone had experience putting a goby and a pistol shrimp in a tank this size? I'm afraid they'll make a mess out of the sand. I once had a tiger pistol shrimp and he moved tons of sand around. But I heard the other type of pistol shrimp wasn't so destructive as the tiger because of smaller claws.

Check my thread out for details! I would not do a tiger pistol shrimp on a tank this size. My candy pistol shrimp ( which is what I would suggest) do make a mess and I have to turkey baster my sand off my corals just about every day.

75% of my acan's are looking really shitty right now, idk whats going on but they've been pissed ever since my power went out. today i noticed slight tissue recession on 3 of my frags, including my rainbow's. everything else is perfectly fine.

just did a 2g water change, and am going to do another 2 tomorrow. my carbon is only a month old and nitrates, ammonia and phosphates read 0.

75% of my acan's are looking really shitty right now, idk whats going on but they've been pissed ever since my power went out. today i noticed slight tissue recession on 3 of my frags, including my rainbow's. everything else is perfectly fine.

just did a 2g water change, and am going to do another 2 tomorrow. my carbon is only a month old and nitrates, ammonia and phosphates read 0.

Good luck! Do you target feed them? If not, try giving them some brine or mysis shrimp. Leave the pumps off and just let them sit in their mouths if they don't eat it right away.

Great thinking on the power inverter, by the way ;)

Hey guys,

How about this?

I've used the Coral Compulsion PAR 30 18K on my IM10, while I was waiting for my Nanobox. It worked great and you can grow pretty much anything under it. I put it in one of the adjustable desk lamp stands so I could control the intensity by raising and lowering the light. It's a nice compromise between a fully programmable light light lke the AI Prime or Nanobox, and it costs less than many much less capable lights. You just can't dim it or adjust the spectrum.

• Like 1
Manbearfish

20znsz5.jpg

Thinking about upgrading to a Fusion 20 w/a stand. What do you guys think, is it worth it? Save up a little more and do a Fusion 30l? I've been kinda back and forth.

• Like 2

Good luck! Do you target feed them? If not, try giving them some brine or mysis shrimp. Leave the pumps off and just let them sit in their mouths if they don't eat it right away.

Great thinking on the power inverter, by the way ;)

i have flake food and pellets, but i haven't recouped any of my frozen foods that i lost. usually i target feed pe mysis once a week.

outerorbiter

Is the 18 watt skkye led light worth getting? Can it grow a bubble tip anemone?

No on the anemone. But I do have a NIB one for sale :D

bubble tips are a gamble with a tank this small as well. they like to move around a lot, all it takes is one time for it to float around and restrict the overflow. that'll just kill the nem and risk flooding the tank

• Like 1

Hey guys! So I'm buying a fusion 10 to start a nano in my room and I had some questions for those of you that already own one...

1) If you own a Cobalt NeoTherm heater for it, what wattage did you go with?

2) If you own a NanoBox Tide with it, what size gooseneck did you order? I went with a 13" because I wanted to potentially use it on a different tank maybe later in the future. Would this be too long?

3) Would an MP10 be overkill on this? I have an extra lying around.

4) I have an InTank media basket from my old Nuvo 16. I hear that it'll fit the Fusion 10. Correct?

Thanks!

Did you ever get a response about #2?

...Sorry about the acans kylhcky

I have the shorter length gooseneck on mine. The light sits about 1/2" short of perfectly centered between the front and back. The 13" would probably be too long unless you're willing to have the light sit a lot higher off the water.

I have the shorter length gooseneck on mine. The light sits about 1/2" short of perfectly centered between the front and back. The 13" would probably be too long unless you're willing to have the light sit a lot higher off the water.

Thank you. I talked to Dave about it and this is the recommended and most common gooseneck size for a fusion 10. He did mention he felt the other gooseneck would be too long. Overall, I'm happy because I get great coverage. But I do wish the light to be a little more at the center. Still, I love my Tide!

Thank you. I talked to Dave about it and this is the recommended and most common gooseneck size for a fusion 10. He did mention he felt the other gooseneck would be too long. Overall, I'm happy because I get great coverage. But I do wish the light to be a little more at the center. Still, I love my Tide!

Yeah, it offends my sense of perfection. But I'm one of those people that feel compelled to straighten the pictures on the wall, too :D

• Like 1