SaltCritters.com

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

I don't have mine yet, but I have actually been wondering these things as well. I have been toying with buying some loc line before I fill the tank to make sure I have flow covering different portions of the tank, but wasn't sure how easy it would be to stick it into the return hole.

I also have a RW-4 planned for my tank instead of a MP10, just due to the fact that I don't have to mount it on the side glass and can keep things cleaner looking overall. I have read a lot of people have success with the 12v adapter being good enough to actually take advantage of multiple speeds for the RW-4, instead of just the lowest speed. Someone recently posted a topic asking about it, and there was a link in that post to the exact 12v adapter they used. I believe it is this one, but if I find the thread I will make sure:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00068U44I/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2WRUBMLJPZ2AL

That was me me and yep thats the exact one i am using. works great

Has anyone tried a rose bubble tip anemone in a tank this size? They are pretty hardy, but thought I'd ask.

I'm just thinking out loud here. I have a small maroon clown that hides a lot and I bet he'd be all over an anemone at the dead center of the tank.

Thoughts or experiences?

small tanks and bubble tips can be a huge gamble. some nems like to move a lot, and some rarely ever move. with a tank this small it is really easy for a nem to float around in the water column and get sucked up by an overflow.

i'm not saying it can't be done though.

also something to keep in mind, that maroon clown might be small now, but full grown that little guy will end up at 5-6 inches. (that's double the size of a mature ocellaris clownfish), this 10g can get cramped very easily with a fish that size.

I keep a RBTA, a watermelon/flame Morph and a green grape in mine with pretty much just zoas and Palys other LPS

Do you run a skimmer on your tank? And how often do you do water changes?

Made a stand for the tank today, which comes in tomorrow! This is made out of bamboo plywood, which I got for free. I got the wrong hinges, so the door is just kind of propped up. I had originally planned on skinning with laminate, but think I'm just going to polyurethane it instead. I'll try to get better pictures when everything is together.

20439176295_d9be976a88_o.jpg

Also, started a build thread, could I be added to the list?

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/364115-schgs-im-fusion-10-gallon/

• Like 3

Has anyone tried putting two Jebao WP-10's in their Fusion 10? I don't know how well it would work, but I feel like I need more flow!

Upgrade your return, two wavemakers would be a lot IMO

Upgrade your return, two wavemakers would be a lot IMO

Okay. I got that WP10 for the Fusion 30L but since that's on hold for a while. The return pump is pretty strong believe it or not, but the tank seem to just have dead spots still. My Fusion 10 didn't come with a return nozzle, so any stronger I think it might splash.

Got my tank in last night, it really is a great looking setup. My vinyl came a bit scuffed on the sides though, has anyone else painted theirs? I am debating just peeling the vinyl off and painting where it was.

Got my tank in last night, it really is a great looking setup. My vinyl came a bit scuffed on the sides though, has anyone else painted theirs? I am debating just peeling the vinyl off and painting where it was.

My vinyl was good. However, my CADlights was not and I peeled it off and painted. Krylon Fusion is good. If there's any trace of silicon, the paint will bead up and not adhere.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm beyond heated right now. my tank's been iffy ever since i recovered from a power outage a month or two ago. every day has been a roller coaster with there stability, and as i look at the tank as of 5 minutes ago, a good 70% of my coral will be getting pulled out tomorrow as well with a massive water change schedule for the next few weeks. luckily i can still save my rainbow's and my maxima, and luckily my blasto and chalice still look alright. the zoa's are all closed up but still look healthy, so im not too worried about them.

i guess that's just the way she goes sometimes, '####in way she goes.

i'm beyond heated right now. my tank's been iffy ever since i recovered from a power outage a month or two ago. every day has been a roller coaster with there stability, and as i look at the tank as of 5 minutes ago, a good 70% of my coral will be getting pulled out tomorrow as well with a massive water change schedule for the next few weeks. luckily i can still save my rainbow's and my maxima, and luckily my blasto and chalice still look alright. the zoa's are all closed up but still look healthy, so im not too worried about them.

i guess that's just the way she goes sometimes, '####in way she goes.

Well, that stinks. Good luck with the recovery. Do you think it's just been doing a mini cycle after the power outage?

Well, that stinks. Good luck with the recovery. Do you think it's just been doing a mini cycle after the power outage?

ive tested a couple of times and everything came back 0 over the past month. something is going on that i'm not aware of.

Yeah, 0 is not good. When I've had 0 Nitrates it was either because the tank was too clean and everything was starving to death, or it was because I had so much algae it was consuming all the Nitrates.

Another one...

I had this tank in the garage and all the equipment lying around except for the return pump, so I went out and bought that today and set up the tank.

Equipment:

14w 22k superblu PAR30 w/gooseneck from Coral Compulsion

Tunze nano osmolator ATO

IM spinstream

Sicce Syncra .5 pump

Intank media basket

Cobalt 50w heater

Thinking about a mame skimmer. Not thrilled with the IM skimmers, and naturally nothing else fits, but stocking a pair of clowns in a tank this size I will want something.

Stock: nothing yet, will likely put in a pair of small clowns with LPS/softies.

KI4Ic9D.jpg

• Like 3