Innovative Marine Aquariums

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Yeah, 0 is not good. When I've had 0 Nitrates it was either because the tank was too clean and everything was starving to death, or it was because I had so much algae it was consuming all the Nitrates.

turns out my test kits were just expired, i tested with a new salifert kit this morning and it came back 5-10ppm. so im offically chalking it up as a loss and recouping from what i still have.

luckily, my blasto is still loving life.

800D9DDB-0AE6-4E4E-A198-4C53B1729057_zps

• Like 1
reefernanoman

turns out my test kits were just expired, i tested with a new salifert kit this morning and it came back 5-10ppm. so im offically chalking it up as a loss and recouping from what i still have.

luckily, my blasto is still loving life.

800D9DDB-0AE6-4E4E-A198-4C53B1729057_zps

I did the exact same thing on my nanocube, but I thought I had nitrates through the roof. My test kit was expired , giving me a false high reading of nitrates . I went crazy changing the water many times, until I realized that the readings were way off.

Help me out here...

I see some videos of multiple "inTANK" filters in different compartments of the IM10.

What inTank filters are you guys using?

I'm going to make an order asap for a decent filter but I want to get all the parts the first time.

Thanks!

Help me out here...

I see some videos of multiple "inTANK" filters in different compartments of the IM10.

What inTank filters are you guys using?

I'm going to make an order asap for a decent filter but I want to get all the parts the first time.

Thanks!

The only thing I use is the Intank media basket and I use filter floss and chemipure blue nano(both are sold by Intank BTW. I would order those three things together.

I am really really new to reef tanks and thought that this nano tank would be a good place to start. Basically I need to know if the tank I am looking to purchase will be worth the money in terms of quality and what will come with the tank. I do not know what things like a protein skimmer is, or why I would need a powerhead if I were to have a spin stream nozzle, would't that provide the flow needed or do you need more and that's what the powerhead is for? Any advice would be appreciated.

This is the tank I was planning on buying, what else would I need to purchase to get it up and running?

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewitem.aspx?idproduct=0I10504&child=0I10504&utm_source=adwordsfroogle&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=adwordsfroogle&utm_content=0I10504&gclid=CMPlyNXF9ccCFVAXHwodrAAFFw

• Like 1

I am really really new to reef tanks and thought that this nano tank would be a good place to start. Basically I need to know if the tank I am looking to purchase will be worth the money in terms of quality and what will come with the tank. I do not know what things like a protein skimmer is, or why I would need a powerhead if I were to have a spin stream nozzle, would't that provide the flow needed or do you need more and that's what the powerhead is for? Any advice would be appreciated.

This is the tank I was planning on buying, what else would I need to purchase to get it up and running?

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewitem.aspx?idproduct=0I10504&child=0I10504&utm_source=adwordsfroogle&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=adwordsfroogle&utm_content=0I10504&gclid=CMPlyNXF9ccCFVAXHwodrAAFFw

Not to nock on Marine Depot, since they are a great company, but this kit is more complete :http://www.aquacave.com/innovative-marine-fusion-complete-saltwater-reef-kit.html

The only thing that I would upgrade after that would be the media basket to the Intank media basket. Good luck!

After that kit, the other thing you would need is a clean bucket to mix your salt.

• Like 1

Not to nock on Marine Depot, since they are a great company, but this kit is more complete :http://www.aquacave.com/innovative-marine-fusion-complete-saltwater-reef-kit.html

The only thing that I would upgrade after that would be the media basket to the Intank media basket. Good luck!

After that kit, the other thing you would need is a clean bucket to mix your salt.

So would I need to buy a powerhead or does that depend on what is living in the tank?

So would I need to buy a powerhead or does that depend on what is living in the tank?

Or upgrade the return pump, I run a MJ1200 with a spin stream with no additional power heads. I have a bunch of zoas and some frogspawn with no issues.

• Like 1

Or upgrade the return pump, I run a MJ1200 with a spin stream with no additional power heads. I have a bunch of zoas and some frogspawn with no issues.

+1. I added an MP10 because I have some corals that demand high flow, but for beginners corals, this would fit the bill perfectly.

Welcome to NR BTW. You will love the fusion 10G.

Hi all! I've had my first IM 10 gallon up and running about 2 months now and it's looking great. Will post pictures soon! Excited to be part of this community. :D

Welcome to the club! It's very exclusive. Hahaha.

• Like 1

I'm going to read through this to see if anyone has posted this, but I wanted a quick answer as I found a pretty good deal I don't want to miss out on.

Has anyone used a Jebao RW-4 on the Fusion 10 with the stock power adapter? It seems like the flow is pretty high on these pumps, but that it can be toned down enough to work well on this tank, but wanted to see personal experience.

Thanks!

I'm going to read through this to see if anyone has posted this, but I wanted a quick answer as I found a pretty good deal I don't want to miss out on.

Has anyone used a Jebao RW-4 on the Fusion 10 with the stock power adapter? It seems like the flow is pretty high on these pumps, but that it can be toned down enough to work well on this tank, but wanted to see personal experience.

Thanks!

The stock 24V adapter produced too much flow (sand storm). I replaced it with a 12V adapter and now it works perfectly.

------------------------------

My firefish goby jumped out of the tank today (yes, the one on my profile picture). It was "dead" on the floor when I arrived. I put it back on the tank and it came back to life. :)

Question: Anybody modified the stock lid to close the gaps on the sides? Perhaps adding some kind of flaps. Any ideas?

The stock 24V adapter produced too much flow (sand storm). I replaced it with a 12V adapter and now it works perfectly.

My firefish goby jumped out of the tank today (yes, the one on my profile picture). It was "dead" on the floor when I arrived. I put it back on the tank and it came back to life. :)

Question: Anybody modified the stock lid to close the gaps on the sides? Perhaps adding some kind of flaps. Any ideas?

Ah good to know, I ordered one "open box", but didn't order the low voltage adapter. I'll probably wait until it comes in tomorrow to make a decision on that.

That sucks about the firefish, hopefully there aren't any long term issues from it jumping. I was going to make a new lid, but have an idea in mind that may take a bit longer. You could always make a DIY window screen top and make it fit more snug.

Check out the custom tops that Smiz makes. he'll make you a nice one. Will even allow more light to pass through and looks way better than the stock ones. Send him a PM.

Here's my Fusion at the 6 week mark. I'm shocked how well the stock light works although I can't speak for growth from it yet. Excuse the poor camera skills and use of a cellphone camera.

IMG_0026_zpsoet9di42.jpg

• Like 1

Check out the custom tops that Smiz makes. he'll make you a nice one. Will even allow more light to pass through and looks way better than the stock ones. Send him a PM.

Thanks for the shout out!

I have heard of several issues with the IM tops so tried to address them with my top design.

1. My top blocks a lot of light and creates a disco effect.

We use all transparent material from our frame to our netting all the way down to our screws. This creates almost no light blockage and zero shimmer effect due to the screen.

2. My top does not fit snug and has gaps.

We have made a design that creates cutouts for the IM stock clips so the lid fits tightly around the glass and clips.

3. My top is ugly....

We really want to save all the gorgeous tanks out there from having a ugly screen top.

Resent scientific studies have shown an increase of 40%-60% in negative comments from ones significant other due to unappealing outside equipment.

Unfortunately all these added benefits don't come as cheap as I'm sure myself and everyone else would like, but we are offering the IM 10 club these tops for $100 plus shipping.

AD49ACAA-9545-4E12-AE40-2832B6656713_zps

• Like 4

Thanks for the shout out!

I have heard of several issues with the IM tops so tried to address them with my top design.

1. My top blocks a lot of light and creates a disco effect.

We use all transparent material from our frame to our netting all the way down to our screws. This creates almost no light blockage and zero shimmer effect due to the screen.

2. My top does not fit snug and has gaps.

We have made a design that creates cutouts for the IM stock clips so the lid fits tightly around the glass and clips.

3. My top is ugly....

We really want to save all the gorgeous tanks out there from having a ugly screen top.

Resent scientific studies have shown an increase of 40%-60% in negative comments from ones significant other due to unappealing outside equipment.

Unfortunately all these added benefits don't come as cheap as I'm sure myself and everyone else would like, but we are offering the IM 10 club these tops for $100 shipped in lower 48 states.

Wow that's gorgeous, wish I could spring for that right now. Too bad I still haven't purchased an ATO, and I really want to buy the Kessil Spectral Controller. I'll definitely have to pick one up eventually!

Could you have a space toward the back for cable to have space? I have a powerhead in my display.