inTank Media Baskets

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Just tried the super glue trick. Not impressed.Back chambers still full. Unhappy.

I think you should try replacing the stock return pump with a slightly larger one like the aqueon that I have. I can't be happier with it. I posted the model a couple of days ago in this thread. My theory is that the stock one is not being able to push enough water from the sump back to the display.

On another topic:

I want to share this video of my tank and get feedback on the water flow hitting the frogspawn. Is it too much? The frogspawn seems doing well, but has been with me just for a little over a month.

The flow is being produced by a Jebao RW-4 with 12V power supply. W1 setting, 3/4 strength, 1/2 speed knob.

http://youtu.be/MH_JzW6J5kw

I think you should try replacing the stock return pump with a slightly larger one like the aqueon that I have. I can't be happier with it. I posted the model a couple of days ago in this thread. My theory is that the stock one is not being able to push enough water from the sump back to the display.

On another topic:

I want to share this video of my tank and get feedback on the water flow hitting the frogspawn. Is it too much? The frogspawn seems doing well, but has been with me just for a little over a month.

The flow is being produced by a Jebao RW-4 with 12V power supply. W1 setting, 3/4 strength, 1/2 speed knob.

http://youtu.be/MH_JzW6J5kw

I might have to try the upgraded pump!! I still do ot understand how having increased flow/circulation will prevent water from getting through that space and leak back into the 3rd chamber. On a positive note...before the water leaked back into the rear chamber(only took about 30 seconds tops) I was able to see what the rear chamber levels SHOULD look like!! I really just want this to work properly so I can move on with life!!! Here are a couple of pics I took during the water change...

Screenshot_2015-11-15-13-31-20.png
20151114_235031.jpg

^

yeah there's a plastic piece missing from the return elbow

Really?!? I sent the pic to IM...they didn't say anything about a missing piece!! I just went through the packing box(I kept all of it) and I didn't see anything. Does anyone have a pic of the missing piece?

tblake, I think that there is a missing or wrong piece in there. The gap seems huge. The gap in mine is less than 1mm, almost no water passes back from display to return chamber.

IM should send you the part. Call them and them for the clear plastic part that connects to the black L, the one that crosses from the return chamber to the display.

I think that silicon (make sure it is 100% aquarium safe --- no mildew resistant stuff) and patience to let it dry would do the trick too.

Holy crap...figured it out. Who's the idiot??? It's me. I had the clear plastic piece inserted into the wrong side of the rear display wall. All would be well except the fact that IM had me crazy glue the piece to the front side of the back wall. Any suggestions on removing the glued piece?!?

Anyone else having an issue with the inTank media basket making a bunch of noise?

Mine is twice a noisy as the IM upgrade basket. I'm talking about the "splashing" noise. Flow is better with the inTank basket but the sound is a bit annoying.

Also, that spacer thing is sort of a joke as well. I mean, why not just make the basket larger to fit the chamber correctly?

Anyone else having an issue with the inTank media basket making a bunch of noise?

Mine is twice a noisy as the IM upgrade basket. I'm talking about the "splashing" noise. Flow is better with the inTank basket but the sound is a bit annoying.

Also, that spacer thing is sort of a joke as well. I mean, why not just make the basket larger to fit the chamber correctly?

i had the same issue with my aqua gadget basket. the trick to get rid of it is to raise the height of the basket itself as well as keeping filter floss at the right height. not enough will compress over time, too much will clog and overflow the filter.

i had the same issue with my aqua gadget basket. the trick to get rid of it is to raise the height of the basket itself as well as keeping filter floss at the right height. not enough will compress over time, too much will clog and overflow the filter.

Thanks, but my basket height is maxed out just below the overflow and floss is good. The sound is actually coming from water flowing past the sides of the basket and around the back. There just seems to be too much "play" in the chamber... like the basket could be larger and fit more snug IMO.

You want the extra space around the basket so that if your filter media gets really clogged up, the water can continue to flow through the back chambers.

The little spacer should go between the basket and the back chamber wall so that the basket is right under the overflow. That way if it gets blocked up, the water will flow over the top of the basket and down the back and sides, and your pump doesn't run dry and your tank doesn't crash :)

I put floss in the top of the basket, and the water drops a little less than an inch onto the floss. It's pretty much completely silent. I have had problems in the past when I stuffed in too much floss, and it slowed down the flow and made everything flow around the basket. That was noisy :(

Here's a picture of my back chambers since there have been lots of questions about water levels. I set mine up according to the instructions, filling the water up with the pump running, until the water level in the pump chamber was about an inch below the wall between the middle chamber and the pump chamber. I run the stock pump with the stock diffuser. It provides enough flow for heating and filtration, and I use the MP-10 to get higher flow in the display.

Edit: sorry for the mess, I wasn't expecting company :D

22510733563_a0e0901dec_b.jpgIM10 Back Chambers by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 2

The lagoon 50 build I've been planning for is going to have to wait until after I move in the late spring, so in the mean time I have a fusion 10 on order to get my feet wet with. Strongly considering a nanobox tide for lighting, but I have some questions for Dave first.

• Like 1

I think I finally got there!!! Like this Teeny??

20151119_143202.jpg

That looks right!

The lagoon 50 build I've been planning for is going to have to wait until after I move in the late spring, so in the mean time I have a fusion 10 on order to get my feet wet with. Strongly considering a nanobox tide for lighting, but I have some questions for Dave first.

Welcome to the IM10 club :welcome:

The mini tide is a great light for this tank. The standard gooseneck places it almost exactly in the center of the display area.

Anyone not using an ATO? Just wondering where is the best place to top off? DT or rear? Thanks!!

If you're topping off manually, pour it into one of the back chambers where it can mix a little bit before it gets pumped into the DT. But unless you're putting in a lot of water, it shouldn't really matter one way or the other.

Thanks Teeny!! Has anyone used the IM Custom Caddy? I was planning on getting an Intank but just noticed the Custom Caddy on sale for $20.

I haven't personally used the Custom Caddy, but from all reports the InTank media basket is much better, although it's more expensive. I have the InTank and it works great.

i have a custom caddy. it requires a lot of drilling for additional flow so that it doesn't overflow from a belly button lint size ball's worth of filter floss.

mine works, because i made it work. at the time the intank wasn't out for the im10 yet, so the custom caddy was my only option besides the stock one, if i knew how shitty the custom caddy was going to be i would have just waited.

• Like 1