Coral Vue Hydros

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

I love getting straight reviews from people that have actually used a product :)

Me too!! That's why I ask the "been there, done that" crowd!!! You Guys rock!! My brown algae is getting worse. I'm seeing it deeper into the sandbed. Should I worry or be doing something about it? I know this happens with a new tank. My wife has really been wanting me to add a couple of Clowns....everything has been testing fine....I don't want to add them if it could be detrimental!! Plus I think my hermits and snails are getting bored...they don/t like the brown stuff!! Let me know everyone's thoughts!!

20151120_224214.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like the standard diatoms you get with a new tank, which typically continue for the first 3-6 months. Increased flow can help or you can minimize them by stirring up the sand when you change the water, or just use a turkey baster to move the sand around when you are blowing off the rocks very couple days.

Hey guys, does anyone have any suggestions on a bladed algae scraper for the Fusion? I got this thick brown algae my little vertex magnet can no longer scrape. I tried the Kent scraper and the blade is super dull and doesn't scrape anything. I need something with a sharp blade that will get through tight corners where my rock gets in the way from putting my hand in the tank.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

hey guys can someone tell me why no matter what i do i cannot keep the water in my 10 crystal clear i have no issues in my 2 other tanks but for some reason it always looks foggy i have an intank basket with floss and chemipure blue and still same issue tanks is been up for about 3+ months and it always had that foggy look i change the floss out everyday if not it will over flow the basket..
also just to note i only have a pistol shrimp plus some frags in there 20151123_155850.jpg

just found a very small patch of bubble algae on one of my acan frags. let the fun begin.

remove and try not to break then i like to put superglue over the area if you can and run it through some clean salt water and you should be ok

I have the nano Flipper and it works really well. But get extra blades!

So I bought the flipper nano, but it's really weak! Does yours feel the same way? It barely makes a dent on coraline, let alone the brown/green algae I have growing on my tank.

Am I missing something here?

So I bought the flipper nano, but it's really weak! Does yours feel the same way? It barely makes a dent on coraline, let alone the brown/green algae I have growing on my tank.

Am I missing something here?

I love the NanoMag. Works on a 10g to a 45g perfectly, scraping off all the brown/green algae.

I use a single edge razor for all hard coralline or green dots :)

Anyone run into a problem with the Tunze Osmolator Nano overfilling/not shutting down?

Just installed it yesterday and for the first full day it worked great. This morning I noticed the water level in the pump compartment was a good 2 inches over the float sensor. Not sure if there is a problem with the float or the controller.

Can air bubbles in the float case this? That's the only think I can think of off hand.

Anyone run into a problem with the Tunze Osmolator Nano overfilling/not shutting down?

Just installed it yesterday and for the first full day it worked great. This morning I noticed the water level in the pump compartment was a good 2 inches over the float sensor. Not sure if there is a problem with the float or the controller.

Can air bubbles in the float case this? That's the only think I can think of off hand.

I had the same problem and I watched the float sensor get stuck multiple times. Personally, I think the tunze osmolator nano is just an overpriced float sensor. I have a hydor smart level ato on the way so I'm hoping it will do the job.

Mine used to do it sometimes when little snails crawled up into the sensor and jammed it. You might want to check for something that's preventing the float from rising.

Other than that, it works fine all the time. You and test it by manually filling water until you see the float rise. If it doesn't shut off instantly, there's something broken.

Did a little rock work today. Added some more Real Reef....Hoping for no mini cycle!! I added some before with positive results.What do you guys things about the look?? Be honest...this is my first reef tank so I will take any opinion, good or bad, I can get!! I already know what I would do different!!!!

20151128_222306.jpg
20151128_222300.jpg
20151128_222240.jpg
20151128_222208.jpg
  • Like 1

Hi folks!

I replaced my old Fluval Sea LED light (which I customized with 4 high output royal blue leds from RapidLed) with a new Nano Box Mini Tide Plus M. Expensive but worth it!

Any other IM 10 owners with the mini tide? I would like to compare settings. Here are mine:

Morning:

Starts: 8:00 AM

Length:180 minutes

Ramp Speed: 60 minutes

Royal Blue: 20%

Whites: 30%

Violet: 20%

Cyan: 20%

Moonlight: 20%

Fan: 90%

Midday:

Royal Blue: 50%

Whites: 50%

Violet: 50%

Cyan: 50%

Moonlight: 50%

Fan: 95%

Evening:

Length:180 minutes

Royal Blue: 30%

Whites: 20%

Violet: 20%

Cyan: 20%

Moonlight: 20%

Fan: 90%

Night:

Starts: 9:00 PM

Ramp Speed: 90 minutes

Royal Blue: 0%

Whites: 0%

Violet: 0%

Cyan: 0%

Moonlight: 0.3%

Fan: 0% (had to put it in 6% for it to stop, weird...)

Natural Sun: Off

Clouds: Off

Storms: Off

Lunar Cycles: On

Dynamic Sunrise Time: Off

Dynamic Sunset Time: Off

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 2

I really like it great job

Did a little rock work today. Added some more Real Reef....Hoping for no mini cycle!! I added some before with positive results.What do you guys things about the look?? Be honest...this is my first reef tank so I will take any opinion, good or bad, I can get!! I already know what I would do different!!!!

20151128_222306.jpg

20151128_222300.jpg

20151128_222240.jpg

20151128_222208.jpg

• Like 2

Do you guys think a jaebo rw-4 is too much for a fusion 10?

I have one. It is too much with the stock 24V power supply. It is perfect with a 12V power supply. I'm very happy with it.

• Like 1

I have one. It is too much with the stock 24V power supply. It is perfect with a 12V power supply. I'm very happy with it.

so you just buy a 12v power supply and plug it in? Any recommendation for one?

• Like 1

I have the jaebo rw-4 as well and the 24V power supply it comes with works just fine you just have to mess around with it.

I have the jaebo rw-4 as well and the 24V power supply it comes with works just fine you just have to mess around with it.

You might want to try the 24V first to see if it works for you. In my case it definitely was too powerful (sand storm even in the lowest settings). I just plugged a 12V power supply that I already had around.

ReefSafeSolutions

You will need to take into consideration two things...one, the polarity of the new power supply, and two, how many amps it's rated at. The stock power supply is center positive (if I remember correctly, and if it's the same as the WP10 power supply). There will be a little sticker on the back of the supply with a picture indicating the polarity. Make sure the 12v supply you end up getting is the same polarity, or else you'll fry the controller. The stock power supply is rated at 1 amp, so you'll want to make sure the 12v power supply is also rated at 1A. You can probably get away with 500mA, but I'd look for one with 1A. The wavemaker won't draw more current than it needs, so having more amperage on the power supply won't harm anything.

Another option you might consider is getting one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/12-24V-Inline-Dimmer-Strips-lights/dp/B00O9YOMH0/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1448989894&sr=8-22&keywords=pwm+led+dimmer+12v-24v

I just got one for my WP10 and it works wonderfully...you can adjust the voltage applied to the wavemaker while maintaining current, allowing you fine tune how much flow the wavemaker creates. (Voltage = speed of wavemaker, current = what drives the wavemaker...not enough current and the wavemaker won't spin)

• Like 1