ReefCleaners.org

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

SarlinDescent

Quick update. I added to Randalls goby yesterday and a candy cane pistol shrimp. I got an order in from Legendary Corals as well. Here is a photo of the Goby:

IMAG0671.jpg

• Like 4
reefernanoman

Does anyone run the Fusion 10 stock pump just for the beginner corals?

I have all kinds of corals with the stock pump, but I do use it in conjunction with my MP10wes.

• Like 1
SarlinDescent

Awwww, he's seriously cute! What did you get from LC? They are awesome :)

Way too much lol. I got three or four acans, six different zoas, and a Blasto. I can post pictures and names tomorrow.

• Like 3

Way too much lol. I got three or four acans, six different zoas, and a Blasto. I can post pictures and names tomorrow.

Ha, I know that feeling. Post pictures once you get them in. I've been eyeing a couple of their acans as well. ;)

• Like 1

My tank is a mess - cluttered. And my photography sucks. I am getting a nanobox within the next month hopefully.

IMG_20160101_210329.jpg

I also intend to get the ghost skimmer and a bat backup. I picked up a bat powered air pump for the time being.

• Like 4
SarlinDescent

Here is the list of corals from LC:

Blueberry Blasto Merletti

Acans:

Jupiter Rising

Toon World

Sharkbite

Zoas:

Peachy Blues

Gold Bandits

Dragonball GT

Candy Apply Extreme

Vampire Slayers

Goddess of War

Also, when I woke up this morning my goby was sitting alone where he normally sits. Went and took a shower and when I came back, the goby was gone and the shrimp was digging a hole near the goby's spot. Hoping this means they paired, although my lights don't come on till midday work so I couldn't find the goby.

• Like 1
SarlinDescent

Some of my coral, mainly zoas, are still pissed about being moved last night. Got a few good shots though.

IMAG0681.jpg

IMAG0700.jpg

IMAG0680.jpg

IMAG0698.jpg

Peachy Blues from LC. Unexpectedly my favorite zoa atm,

IMAG0695.jpg

LC Gold Bandits

IMAG0694.jpg

IMAG0693.jpg

Not 100% happy with all the placements. I think I need to spread some out a bit, but here is the current FTS.

IMAG0701.jpg

Here is a general markup of how I want to move the frags. Should provide a little more space for everything.

aq_move.png

Lastly, I was able to map out my frag rack this morning as to which zoas are which. Hopefully Sunday I can fix any placement and place all the zoas. This will finally allow me to remove the hideous frag rack.

• Like 4

LC has some incredible stuff. Being so new to the hobby, I am constantly blown away by how many coral dealers there are online. I'm not sure why I'm so amazed, but I am. It's sort of like when you realize a-whole-nother world exists you knew nothing about. I've yet to purchase from LC, but when I first got my tank cycling, they had their blackfriday sale or somethiing or other on here, adn it was pretty sweet. Look forward to buying a thing or two down the line.

Your new placement plans btw look good to me. I think you are right, should open things right up. ;) Good luck with your new residents.

I need to replace the 90 degree elbow that is in the back of the return. It is barbed on one end. Mine is cracked and leaking. Not urgent but I want to replace it. Can you point me to a replacement part in marinedepot, BRS, Amazon, etc.? Thank you.

• Like 1

I need to replace the 90 degree elbow that is in the back of the return. It is barbed on one end. Mine is cracked and leaking. Not urgent but I want to replace it. Can you point me to a replacement part in marinedepot, BRS, Amazon, etc.? Thank you.

probably stuck getting it through IM directly, here's the parts diagram from the owners manual.

im10p_zpse02nay82.png

• Like 1

Welcome to the IM10 Club! :welcome:

I'm following along on your build. Looks like you're off to a strong start!

It looks like a nice setup with everything built in for inline plumbing. Looking forward to hearing how it works :)

I installed the CSXC-1 Nano Chiller and has been running in my IM 10 for 3 days now. I'm pleased with it. My tank was reaching 30C. I set it at 28C the first day and now 27C. The chiller has no problem maintaining the temp at the desired setting. It adjusts the fan speed according to the need during the day and stops by itself at night when room temp is lower and cooling is not needed.

Easy to set up too. I purchased their optional U-bend tubes and ended up having to cut one of them in order for it to fit better into the return elbow. It is connected in-line with my return pump, which is an Aqueon Quietflow 400.

The unit gets a little hot during the day and I can hear the fan when running (in my case most of the day). You can't place the chiller inside a cabinet, it needs to be in an open area so that it can cool down properly. I'm tempted of drilling a hole in my wall so that I can place the unit outside in my garage, but then would have to be careful of not getting the chiller wet when washing the garage or the cars... So for now, the unit will stay next to the tank and I have to hear the fan...

Here are some pics.

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

• Like 5

I haven't started a build thread yet, but I did get a tank seriously going again. Yay! This one is put together with pieces of my old (admittedly neglected) NUVO 16. Live rock, corals, and livestock were transferred over and I pulled my Kessil out of storage, we'll see if that's light overkill or not. I've missed the disco ball. I'm excited about square corners, no more scrubbing those damn rounded corners. The best part is my "killer clown" is gone so now I can actually have crabs, shrimp, dusters, and the more delicate corals again without watching her ripping them to shreds. I still need to do some work, but she has good bones. So, meet my two day old tank.

1s06k8o.jpg

• Like 7

Do you have a link to where you got that chiller?

never mind. Found it. I wonder if I can get these in canada.

You can buy it directly from Chill Solutions (manufacturer) or via Amazon, MarineDepot, Dr. F&S, etc.

http://www.chillsolutions.com

http://www.marinedepot.com/Chill_Solutions_CSXC_1_Thermoelectric_Aquarium_Chiller_Micro_Nano_Aquarium_Chillers-CHILL_SOLUTIONS_LLC-6A00001-FICHMC-vi.html

• Like 2

i think i might swap out my maxspect for a nanobox, just so i can free up some room for a protein skimmer and extra lines for dosing.

my only concern is bleaching my coral by accident in the process

• Like 1

I installed the CSXC-1 Nano Chiller and has been running in my IM 10 for 3 days now. I'm pleased with it. My tank was reaching 30C. I set it at 28C the first day and now 27C. The chiller has no problem maintaining the temp at the desired setting. It adjusts the fan speed according to the need during the day and stops by itself at night when room temp is lower and cooling is not needed.

Easy to set up too. I purchased their optional U-bend tubes and ended up having to cut one of them in order for it to fit better into the return elbow. It is connected in-line with my return pump, which is an Aqueon Quietflow 400.

The unit gets a little hot during the day and I can hear the fan when running (in my case most of the day). You can't place the chiller inside a cabinet, it needs to be in an open area so that it can cool down properly. I'm tempted of drilling a hole in my wall so that I can place the unit outside in my garage, but then would have to be careful of not getting the chiller wet when washing the garage or the cars... So for now, the unit will stay next to the tank and I have to hear the fan...

Here are some pics.

IMG_2840.jpg

AWESOME setup!!!

i think i might swap out my maxspect for a nanobox, just so i can free up some room for a protein skimmer and extra lines for dosing.

my only concern is bleaching my coral by accident in the process

I really like the colors with my Nanobox, and the extra room would be nice :) Just start low and ramp it up carefully!

Greeting to all! Just wanted to throw my bags on this train of Nano10 tanks here. I have been doing the research, YouTube watching, Nano-Reef reading for the past 3 or 4 weekends now. Planning, searching for the best price, you know the routine.

I lost my RSM and a lot of equipment in the divorce, damn I miss that tank, anyway after setting up a Coralife for my sister. Yep reef bug bit again. Researching tiny homes also was a decision to go small. I started with a 55 FO, then a 30 FO, 29 RSM, and now a 10. Most folks go the other way.

I have decided on a LED light after some nice folks on here guided me in the right direction, so A1 Hydra Prime with a tank mount arm in black. I want to use CaribSea Arag-Alive Hawaiian Black for my sand bottom. I had purchased from InTank before for the RSM, so the media basket upgrade is on the list also.

A big shout out to you folks that have posted some photos of your 10's, outstanding. Hope to have some of my photos up one day, as funds allow

• Like 2