ReefCleaners.org

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Did you test for phosphates? Consider using GFO. I put a bag with a tablespoon of GFO in my custom caddy and replace it every 3 weeks. I started with Seachem Phosbond, but switched to cheaper Bulk GFO from BRS. Zero hair algae.

with all this extra room i have ive been looking into running a reactor with a carbon/gfo mix. my low range hanna tester just got ordered this morning so hopefully it will be here by friday

• Like 2

with all this extra room i have ive been looking into running a reactor with a carbon/gfo mix. my low range hanna tester just got ordered this morning so hopefully it will be here by friday

I bet that it will help with the nuisance algae. But don't forget that it is probably a sign that you may be overfeeding or may need to do more water changes to export those extra nutrients.

• Like 2

Finally took a razor to my rw4 spin blades and shaved them down. Can't believe I waited this long. Love having more control of the flow.

On another note, just went to Florida frag swap at Museum of Science and Industry here in Tampa. Picked up some cool pieces. Will post pics in my build thread later.

• Like 2

I bet that it will help with the nuisance algae. But don't forget that it is probably a sign that you may be overfeeding or may need to do more water changes to export those extra nutrients.

ive definitely been over feeding for the past month, every time my goby begs for food i can't help but feed it haha

i'm interested to see if the shaving down the rw4 propeller will hurt it long term or not, because it will definitely effect the balance of that stator in the motor in some way.

Finally took a razor to my rw4 spin blades and shaved them down. Can't believe I waited this long. Love having more control of the flow.

On another note, just went to Florida frag swap at Museum of Science and Industry here in Tampa. Picked up some cool pieces. Will post pics in my build thread later.

Yeah thats what I did too!!! Luckily I did that and didn't had to spend a bomb on the MP10!

For those of you that arent running a skimmer (or those that are but might have a good idea), any recommendations for how I can better utilize the second chamber? I currently have my heater in there but nothing else. Rock rubble? Some sort of fuge? Any ideas would be great. Thanks

No rock rubble, unless you clean the chamber often. I have my heater in there, some people use the space for some macro with success. I never have had luck with macro and I think it is because I usually run oversized skimmers in my tanks..

I have an AquaMax hob-1 coming in today, and I will be posting pictures of how it works in the fusion 10. I hear these are great skimmers. I still don't know if I will be running this 24/7 or on a timer. I have to see how the corals react to it. I do plan to upgrade again so I bought a skimmer that I can easily use on a larger tank.

• Like 3

I just started setting up my new fusion 10 and I cant get the inTank media basket into the 1st section. Do i have to break off that little water diflector piece on the glass wall?

• Like 1

I just started setting up my new fusion 10 and I cant get the inTank media basket into the 1st section. Do i have to break off that little water diflector piece on the glass wall?

It should fit fine with no modifications. It should be oriented so that the handle on the basket is on the left. Once you put it in, there will be about 1/2" to spare which is what allows it to slide in past the water deflector. That's why that little square piece exists, to hold the basket against the front wall.

Unless you have the wrong basket, of course. Maybe post a picture so we can see?

• Like 1

I'm not sure how to post pics yet but the intank box says its for innovative marie fusion 10/20/25. The only way it fits up to the diflector is with the "handle" on the back. I could force it but it will be scraping the silicone. Maybe the tank is smaller or the basket bigger?

While the in tank media basket is a must for the filtration, you don't really need it during the initial startup of the tank. Just throw some filter floss in the stock basket and put water in that thang!

• Like 1

While the in tank media basket is a must for the filtration, you don't really need it during the initial startup of the tank. Just throw some filter floss in the stock basket and put water in that thang!

^this

You don't need anything fancy to start cycling, just live rock and some water :)

• Like 1

I think I must be doing something wrong. :wacko: I never would've thought that the media basket would be this difficult lol. After work I'm gonna figure this thing out!!

Sorry to say I no longer have the IM 10 build and am working to sell the tank. Would you please remove my thread link? I appreciate it :) Glad to see so many of these tanks doing well :D

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I think I must be doing something wrong. :wacko: I never would've thought that the media basket would be this difficult lol. After work I'm gonna figure this thing out!!

That link that you provided is the correct one BTW.