Cultivated Reef

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

SarlinDescent

Here are a few of the corals. Ones on the frag rack are from today and yesterday. All pics taken with a cell...so quality is so so. The attinics were slightly filtered to improve color to what they look like in tank.

IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

2015-12-17_17.07.42.jpg

2015-12-17_17.10.11.jpg

• Like 3

Yes! Dooooo ittttt!

once everything gets acclimated ill take some picutres. picked up a sweet rainbow blasto and a rainbow mini scolly along with some cool acans

• Like 1

once everything gets acclimated ill take some picutres. picked up a sweet rainbow blasto and a rainbow mini scolly along with some cool acans

Im jealous! I went to the fish store today and picked up a new yuma, elegance coral, and german blue mdntipora digitata.. But I was really there for a colorful scolly, like a rainbow. They only had a green one and orange one. We def need pics of that scolly!

• Like 1

I just got my first saltwater tank a Fusion 10. Any suggestions are welcome! Here is my tank on day 3 and is currently cycling. There isn't much rock in the tank because my sister is supposed to bring some more when she comes to visit for the holidays. I plan for this tank to be mostly a softies reef tank, with a few fish. I am running a mj900 return pump, 50w heater, and I just ordered an AI Prime for lighting.

post-89917-0-67788400-1451251380_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi. I'm having heat issues with my IM 10. It is reaching 30C and a fan for evaporative cooling is not helping enough.

I'm considering the CSXC-1 Thermoelectric (peltier) nano chiller. Anyone has experience with it? I'm planning to put it in line with the return pump. I hope that an upgraded pump will compensate for the additional trip to the chiller, which will be close to the back of the tank, and back to the return nozzle.

Your feedback is appreciated.

I'm referring to this nano chiller:

http://www.chillsolutions.com/products/csxc-1-aquarium-chiller

• Like 1

I just got my first saltwater tank a Fusion 10. Any suggestions are welcome! Here is my tank on day 3 and is currently cycling. There isn't much rock in the tank because my sister is supposed to bring some more when she comes to visit for the holidays. I plan for this tank to be mostly a softies reef tank, with a few fish. I am running a mj900 return pump, 50w heater, and I just ordered an AI Prime for lighting.

Hi WCBarnett and congratulations for your new tank. My recommendation is to be careful with the fish you add. Take into account that the tank is just around 8 gallons after you add rock and coral and a couple of small fish may be enough. What fish do you have in mind?

I have a percula clown, a yellow watchman goby and a firefish goby and sometimes have my after thoughts that it is too much.

Welcome to the IM10 club! :welcome:

Looking forward to updates - one of the best things you can do is start a build thread so that others can follow along and see what your tank looks like when you have questions. Check out some other build threads of tanks that you like and ask questions in those threads - we've all made the same mistakes more than once and are always willing to talk about it!

Hi. I'm having heat issues with my IM 10. It is reaching 30C and a fan for evaporative cooling is not helping enough.

I'm considering the CSXC-1 Thermoelectric (peltier) nano chiller. Anyone has experience with it? I'm planning to put it in line with the return pump. I hope that an upgraded pump will compensate for the additional trip to the chiller, which will be close to the back of the tank, and back to the return nozzle.

Your feedback is appreciated.

I'm referring to this nano chiller:

http://www.chillsolutions.com/products/csxc-1-aquarium-chiller

I don't know much about that chiller but I'm really curious to learn how it works.

And if you are going to upgrade your pump to support the external plumbing, you'll have lots of other options in the future, like an external reactor if you need it.

Here's a recent top down of my IM10. Don't mind the discolored green monti cap in the middle - I just put a big frag in there that lost it's color in the frag tank. Hopefully it will be back to normal in a few weeks :)

23739212470_02c94f9b7c_b.jpgIM10 Top Down - 2015-12-28 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 2

Teenyreef, I ordered the thermoelectric nano chiller (CSXC-1). They responded that it can be installed inline with the existing pump (I upgraded to an Aqueon QuietFlow 400) without problems. I may have to upgrade to a 600... But those pumps are very cheap (and quiet and reliable, so far so good -- i'm very happy with the 400).

I will share my experience with the chiller once I get it and install it. Hopefully I can lower my temp from 30C to a stable 26C or so. The chiller has an internal thermostat so I should not need a heater (I'm in Panama -- tropical climate -- so no seasons and room temp is very stable).

• Like 1

I guess I should add mine to the already large list of tank threads.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/368303-droys-im-10g-now-with-1000x-more-pictures/

Also teeny your thread has been one of the largest inspirations for me and this tank.

I'm hoping to pick up a green monti cap tomorrow actually!

Welcome to the IM10 Club! :welcome:

I'm following along on your build. Looks like you're off to a strong start!

Teenyreef, I ordered the thermoelectric nano chiller (CSXC-1). They responded that it can be installed inline with the existing pump (I upgraded to an Aqueon QuietFlow 400) without problems. I may have to upgrade to a 600... But those pumps are very cheap (and quiet and reliable, so far so good -- i'm very happy with the 400).

I will share my experience with the chiller once I get it and install it. Hopefully I can lower my temp from 30C to a stable 26C or so. The chiller has an internal thermostat so I should not need a heater (I'm in Panama -- tropical climate -- so no seasons and room temp is very stable).

It looks like a nice setup with everything built in for inline plumbing. Looking forward to hearing how it works :)

Hi folks!

I replaced my old Fluval Sea LED light (which I customized with 4 high output royal blue leds from RapidLed) with a new Nano Box Mini Tide Plus M. Expensive but worth it!

Any other IM 10 owners with the mini tide? I would like to compare settings. Here are mine:

Morning:

Starts: 8:00 AM

Length:180 minutes

Ramp Speed: 60 minutes

Royal Blue: 20%

Whites: 30%

Violet: 20%

Cyan: 20%

Moonlight: 20%

Fan: 90%

Midday:

Royal Blue: 50%

Whites: 50%

Violet: 50%

Cyan: 50%

Moonlight: 50%

Fan: 95%

Evening:

Royal Blue: 30%

Whites: 20%

Violet: 20%

Cyan: 20%

Moonlight: 20%

Fan: 90%

Night:

Starts: 9:00 PM

Ramp Speed: 90 minutes

Royal Blue: 0%

Whites: 0%

Violet: 0%

Cyan: 0%

Moonlight: 0.3%

Fan: 0% (had to put it in 6% for it to stop, weird...)

Natural Sun: Off

Clouds: Off

Storms: Off

Lunar Cycles: On

Dynamic Sunrise Time: Off

Dynamic Sunset Time: Off

Unknown.jpeg

I get mine in a few days, so thanks for the post and I'll let you know what I find.

• Like 1

Anyone have an upgraded return pump? Just installed a Sicce Syncra .5 and I'm getting a lot of microbubbles (pretty sure it's the return pump as they're still present when skimmer is off and weren't present with the stock nuvo 10 pump). Any ideas? Is it sucking up water too fast? I might try lowering the flow setting.

I get mine in a few days, so thanks for the post and I'll let you know what I find.

Here are my current settings. Mine is a Mini Tide Plus M model (5 light channels and 1 channel for the fan). My settings are rather high compared with others I have seen for a IM 10, but so far my coral tell me that they want more light (zoas extending, some browning in the bottom, no bleaching on top). My suggestion is to begin with lower settings.

Morning:

Starts: 8:00 AM

Royal Blue: 60%

Whites: 30%

Violet: 50%

Cyan: 50%

Moonlight: 3%

Midday:

Royal Blue: 80%

Whites: 35%

Violet: 70%

Cyan: 70%

Evening:

Royal Blue: 55%

Whites: 15%

Violet: 35%

Cyan: 35%

Night:

Starts: 9:00 PM

Ramp Speed: 90 minutes

Royal Blue: 0%

Whites: 0%

Violet: 0%

Cyan: 0%

Moonlight: 0.2%

Fan: 5% (had to put it in 5% for it to stop. 0 makes it spin at full speed like 100%.)

Natural Sun: Off

Clouds: Off

Storms: Off

Lunar Cycles: On

Dynamic Sunrise Time: Off

Dynamic Sunset Time: Off

Anyone have an upgraded return pump? Just installed a Sicce Syncra .5 and I'm getting a lot of microbubbles (pretty sure it's the return pump as they're still present when skimmer is off and weren't present with the stock nuvo 10 pump). Any ideas? Is it sucking up water too fast? I might try lowering the flow setting.

I upgraded to an Aqueon QuietFlow 400 and I can't be more happy. Cheap, silent, cool, a little -- but not much-- stronger than the original and has been working non-stop for 3 months now without any cleaning.

• Like 2