SaltCritters.com

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

outerorbiter

Hey guys,

I own this tank and I have noticed that a lot of dirty stuff gets collected on the bottom of the second chamber of the tank. Does anyone else have this problem as well? The odor coming from it is quite disgusting but I can't find a way for my siphon to go all the way down to the chamber and suck it all up :wacko::wacko:

I've bent rigid airline to help siphon out under the baffles but was easier to put a small pump down there to stir it up. Several blast from a turkey baster will help too

• Like 3

Hey guys...new to this but hopefully iI figure out this site quickly cause I'd like to start a build thread for everyone to check out

one question if anyone could help me out....how the heck do you start your own build thread?? I'm very good with computers so idk how I can't figure it out

one question if anyone could help me out....how the heck do you start your own build thread?? I'm very good with computers so idk how I can't figure it out

I think you should click on Forums (on top menu), then click on Members Aquariums Forum, then New Post. Then come back here and share the link.

I've bent rigid airline to help siphon out under the baffles but was easier to put a small pump down there to stir it up. Several blast from a turkey baster will help too

Tried your method of the turkey baster and it worked great. Thanks!!! :):)

• Like 1

I'd like to join the club. The following is a list of equipment I have, or is on the way:

IM Fusion 10

Kessil A160WE Tuna Blue

InTank Media Basket

NeoTherm 50W Heater

Tunze Nano ATO

I'll be using Reef Cleaners Florida Reef Rock (dry) and CaribSea Dry Arogonite Special Grade Reef Sand.

I'll cycle the aquarium with Dr. Tim's Bacteria and Ammonium Chloride.

The tank is full of tap water now following a successful leak test. I'll be gluing a rock scape together just as soon as my dry rock arrives. I'd like to glue the scape to a piece of plastic egg crate material and drop the whole thing in the aquarium. I'd cover the egg crate with no more than 1" of sand. Do you all see any problem with this scape idea?

Thanks,

Kim

• Like 3

I am planning to replace the circulation pump in my Fusion 10 with a EcoTech MP10. I am wondering how others have theirs set and what kind of placement you might be using.

If you are using and MP10 in your fusion 10, please post up some details.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello all,

Just picked up a used IM 10 thanks to this thread I love what some of you guys have done. I have been out of the hobby for a few years and lately have the urge so here I am. my last tank was a 120 mixed reef and I got rid it of because maintaine became to big a headache. I am going to start a Build thread when I get going so my name can be added to the list but it'll be a slow go for a while.

Here's what I'm starting with

IM fusion 10

Reed breeder LED fixture

IM skimmer

Tunze 3152 ATO

Stock media basket (sure that'll change)

Mp 10 (hope I don't blow everything away)

100 watt heater

Black sand

Stocking plans:

A goby/shrimp pair

A purple fire fish

Single black ice clown

I think the tank should handle that load right?

I do have a few problems maybe you guys can help me with...

Return pump and skimmer pump are both shot and I have no idea what to replace them with. Something in the the 150-200 gph but i don't know what to get

Water is the next thing... I'm not going to get into making my own water again I don't want the hassle for such a small system. My problem is all my LFS keep there water 1.022-23 and I want to maintain 1.025. The only thing I can think is just add a little salt and mix for a while before I do water changes. What is everyone else doing?

CUC? What do you folks do for clean up crew? I have no clue how many members it should have in such a small tank

Thanks for any help

Brian

reefernanoman

I'd like to join the club. The following is a list of equipment I have, or is on the way:

IM Fusion 10

Kessil A160WE Tuna Blue

InTank Media Basket

NeoTherm 50W Heater

Tunze Nano ATO

I'll be using Reef Cleaners Florida Reef Rock (dry) and CaribSea Dry Arogonite Special Grade Reef Sand.

The tank is full of tap water now following a successful leak test. I'll be gluing a rock scape together just as soon as my dry rock arrives. I'd like to glue the scape to a piece of plastic egg crate material and drop the whole thing in the aquarium. I'd cover the egg crate with no more than 1" of sand. Do you all see any problem with this scape idea?

Thanks,

Kim

I have a Kessil A160WE and love it over my 28G tank! I don't see a problem with the egg crate idea. Welcome to the club and good luck.

I have a Fusion 10 with a lightning maroon and a small gold stripe maroon that I paired up. I do 2g water changes weekly, but it seems like I can't keep up with the nutrients. My acans look a bit browned out and lack color. Do you guys think I should invest in a skimmer?

And I have a NanoBox Tide. Will the skimmer fit in the middle compartment since part of the gooseneck mount goes inside that area of the back of the glass?

• Like 1

Harry: Thanks for re-posting the picture of the sump. Any idea of how it works? How is he getting the water there and how it returns back to the IM10? Is this a hang on the back? I don't get it.

Ill take pics of it running tonight. It sits higher then the tank so a pump in the tank flows into the fuge. then it has a bulk head overflow into the 3rd back chamber. It works just like a CPR HOB refugium but it stands on its own. Thing grows chaeto like crazy. I probably cut out a baseball sized chunk every week.

• Like 1

I have a Fusion 10 with a lightning maroon and a small gold stripe maroon that I paired up. I do 2g water changes weekly, but it seems like I can't keep up with the nutrients. My acans look a bit browned out and lack color. Do you guys think I should invest in a skimmer?

And I have a NanoBox Tide. Will the skimmer fit in the middle compartment since part of the gooseneck mount goes inside that area of the back of the glass?

Yes, it fits fine. I have the same setup. You don't have to use a skimmer if everything else works just right (good parameters, good balance, the right amount of live rock, not too much sand, not too many fish, etc., etc.). But having a skimmer really helps compensate whenever some little thing isn't quite right.

I am planning to replace the circulation pump in my Fusion 10 with a EcoTech MP10. I am wondering how others have theirs set and what kind of placement you might be using.

If you are using and MP10 in your fusion 10, please post up some details.

Thanks.

I use the stock circulation pump together with an MP10. Since all the flow comes from the MP10, I don't really need a faster pump.

I keep the MP10 set on 3 or 4, unless I'm stirring up the sand. Then I set it on 5 or 6 to get everything suspended and going through the filter.

IM Fusion 10

Kessil A160WE Tuna Blue

InTank Media Basket

NeoTherm 50W Heater

Tunze Nano ATO

Thanks,

Kim

I've never tried it but if I had to guess, I'd be worried that the sand trapped in the little squares in the egg crate would collect detritus and would be hard to stir up to get it out. Let us know how it works out, though!

On another topic: I saw this gorgeous mated pair of banded gobies at my LFS. I fell in love with them... They are very small fish (about an inch each). The problem is that I already have 1 ocellaris clown and 1 fire fish goby. Both are small fish, but I'm worried that I may be pushing the limit on my IM10. What do you think?

Similars to this one: http://www.liveaquar... 181&pcatid=181

I have two clowns, a pink streaked wrasse, and two green banded gobies, and they are all doing fine. It all depends on how you are setup, what kind of filtration, whether you skim, how often you change water and clean the sand, etc.. But that tank's certainly big enough if you are careful.

Pictures as promised

The light portion and fan. The lights are in their own box isolated from the water with a clear acrylic bottom

a8c00ddf0bd67ef7e137bb41922c5236.jpg

The lights are mounted to a 1/4" aluminum plate with a fan

b1a131ce637e08011c68674c946ba311.jpg

Flowing over with chaeto

b75e3609f54728cff0fbd61899f64c2d.jpg

Overall shot

42d2f94e42b97a018e0924c17dd410a5.jpg

There is 1.5 pounds of live rock at the bottom below the chaeto too

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Did you know that Maroon clownfish can get very big? My female Maroon clown fish is about 4 inches (at least) and would never even think of putting her inside my fusion 10g. She is living with her mate in my nanocube 28g and some people think that even a 28g cube is too small for Maroons.I have a minitide and a ghost skimmer, and they don't get in each other's way like teeny mentioned.
  • Like 1

Did you know that Maroon clownfish can get very big? My female Maroon clown fish is about 4 inches (at least) and would never even think of putting her inside my fusion 10g. She is living with her mate in my nanocube 28g and some people think that even a 28g cube is too small for Maroons.I have a minitide and a ghost skimmer, and they don't get in each other's way like teeny mentioned.

I agree with Nanoman. It seems to me that you have too much bioload in your 10 gallon tank.

Just pulled the trigger on one from Aquacave, will start a build thread when it comes in. Pretty excited to get my hands on this tank!

Same here! It was the only place I could find that had them in stock. Mine should arrive today.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Same here! It was the only place I could find that had them in stock. Mine should arrive today.

When I bought mine last year around September 2014, Aquacave was the ONLY place that had them in stock too back then!

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm pretty unhappy with the rio+ 50 powerhead in the tank. The stock return pump just doesn't generate enough flow and the rio+ gives me about 70gph. Would upgrading the stock pump to an MJ900 or something be better? Maybe get some locline to split the return into 2 directions?

Edit: I also have an RW-4 that I used for a bit on W1 lowest settings and it was still crazy powerful. I have been reading some stuff about using a 12V supply? Maybe I should try that. Where are people placing their RW-4s?

Hey guys, I've been running my tank for 3 months now and i am considering getting a Protein Skimmer. I've heard and seen on build threads about the IM desktop skimmer generally being problematic, so I want to avoid that one. Anyone here recommend a Protein Skimmer that's quiet and powerful?

Ok, so I'm pretty unhappy with the rio+ 50 powerhead in the tank. The stock return pump just doesn't generate enough flow and the rio+ gives me about 70gph. Would upgrading the stock pump to an MJ900 or something be better? Maybe get some locline to split the return into 2 directions?

Edit: I also have an RW-4 that I used for a bit on W1 lowest settings and it was still crazy powerful. I have been reading some stuff about using a 12V supply? Maybe I should try that. Where are people placing their RW-4s?

I don't have mine yet, but I have actually been wondering these things as well. I have been toying with buying some loc line before I fill the tank to make sure I have flow covering different portions of the tank, but wasn't sure how easy it would be to stick it into the return hole.

I also have a RW-4 planned for my tank instead of a MP10, just due to the fact that I don't have to mount it on the side glass and can keep things cleaner looking overall. I have read a lot of people have success with the 12v adapter being good enough to actually take advantage of multiple speeds for the RW-4, instead of just the lowest speed. Someone recently posted a topic asking about it, and there was a link in that post to the exact 12v adapter they used. I believe it is this one, but if I find the thread I will make sure:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00068U44I/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2WRUBMLJPZ2AL