Cultivated Reef

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Bella's Reef

Do you happen to have a link to that? Just plug and play?

I also ordered one for my IM10. I'm prepared with a 12V power supply. I read that the stock 24V power supply will be too powerful for our tank and you will have to limit yourself to the lowest settings. Read that with the 12V it will run at 50% so you can take advantage of all the settings. I can't wait!

It will be replacing my Hydor Koralia Nano 240.

I just purchased a Fusion 10 and wanted to confirm if anyone has replaced the pump with a Sicce Syncra Silent 0.5 (or 1.0 because BRS listed them with the same dimensions with seem to be able to fit in the return chamber). I am looking to pair a new return pump with the spinstream to eliminate the need for a powerhead. I have an extra MP10 if necessary but am planning to have mostly LPS so would prefer no powerheads in the display.

• Like 1

mclayj- the Sicce Syncra 0.5 is pretty much the same as the stock pump. I went to swap my stock pump and the 0.5 was the same exact size/look. Output was the same. The only difference I could tell is the stock pump was black and the Sicce was grey.

mclayj- the Sicce Syncra 0.5 is pretty much the same as the stock pump. I went to swap my stock pump and the 0.5 was the same exact size/look. Output was the same. The only difference I could tell is the stock pump was black and the Sicce was grey.

Thanks! I just ordered the Sicce.

• Like 1

Anyone using the 2nd chamber as a fuge? Would like to get some nutrient export the natural way, feel like the 2nd chamber has a good amount of space for it, but not sure how to execute!

Anyone using the 2nd chamber as a fuge? Would like to get some nutrient export the natural way, feel like the 2nd chamber has a good amount of space for it, but not sure how to execute!

I don't have my Fusion set up yet but was planning to use chamber 2 as a fuge. I've purchased the intank fuge basket (http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Fusion-10_c99.htm) and JBJ Nano-Glo light. I'm planning to cut away a section of the black backing for the light to shine through and then run the JBJ light on the opposite cycle of my display light.

In my experience with that I failed I bought the intank basket and I was growing chaeto and it grew faster then expected and kept dramatically changing my water level and I kept adding top off assuming it was evaporation loss and it wasn't the chaeto was slowing down the flow to the pump chamber which eventually led to a flood lol now that I prune and clean the chaeto more often I don't have that problem so just keep that in mind I swear my fuge trapped more gunk then the sponges lol

• Like 1

I built a 2.5 gallon sump that sits behind my tank. works super well. grows chaeto like crazy. I can take some pics if you'd like. Didnt drill my tank at all.

Buddy, can you share some pics and more details about your 2.5 gallon sump?

Harry: Thanks for re-posting the picture of the sump. Any idea of how it works? How is he getting the water there and how it returns back to the IM10? Is this a hang on the back? I don't get it.

RW-4 is working great on its lowest settings, will be putting it on a 12v power supply tomorrow.

Please let us know how it works with the 12V.

---------------------

On another topic: I saw this gorgeous mated pair of banded gobies at my LFS. I fell in love with them... They are very small fish (about an inch each). The problem is that I already have 1 ocellaris clown and 1 fire fish goby. Both are small fish, but I'm worried that I may be pushing the limit on my IM10. What do you think?

Similars to this one: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2971+181&pcatid=181

HarryPotter

Harry: Thanks for re-posting the picture of the sump. Any idea of how it works? How is he getting the water there and how it returns back to the IM10? Is this a hang on the back? I don't get it.

No idea, I just brought it over so you could

see it.

MrReefer81 could build you a custom HOB refugium that would look incredible- he does crazy acrylic work!

I just purchased a Fusion 10 and wanted to confirm if anyone has replaced the pump with a Sicce Syncra Silent 0.5 (or 1.0 because BRS listed them with the same dimensions with seem to be able to fit in the return chamber). I am looking to pair a new return pump with the spinstream to eliminate the need for a powerhead. I have an extra MP10 if necessary but am planning to have mostly LPS so would prefer no powerheads in the display.

I am using the Syncra 0.5 as my return, and it's great! The stock one was silent but lacked flow, and the Syncra 0.5 is honestly not even audible (and I mean it!)

Let us know how it works out with the return alone and no other powerhead. I am thinking of when I upgrade to turn the IM10 into an office tank with LPS and soft corals only :)

Good idea or not?

Not a bad idea, but what is the reason for and external filter versus the chambers in the IM10 (and maybe an inTank media basket) - just curious?

On another topic: I saw this gorgeous mated pair of banded gobies at my LFS. I fell in love with them... They are very small fish (about an inch each). The problem is that I already have 1 ocellaris clown and 1 fire fish goby. Both are small fish, but I'm worried that I may be pushing the limit on my IM10. What do you think?

Similars to this one: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2971+181&pcatid=181

Bump. Feedback please.

Bella's Reef

RW-4 and 12v power supply and I am running it and full power at W1 and on higher speed! Bubble tips looking super happy, posted two vids on Ig __s_e_a_n

RW-4 and 12v power supply and I am running it and full power at W1 and on higher speed! Bubble tips looking super happy, posted two vids on Ig __s_e_a_n

Can you share the links to the videos? I have no clue what you mean with lg__s_e_a_n.

I just gotta say, I'm loving my Nuvo!! I do 2g water changes a week without skimmer and the tank looks pristine!! I have a lightning maroon and gold stripe maroon and soon a yasha goby with pistol shrimp! I can't keep coral in my 159g because I have a regal and moorish idol, so I'm definitely enjoying the coral in this tank! And the Nano Box Tide is amazing!

In my experience with that I failed I bought the intank basket and I was growing chaeto and it grew faster then expected and kept dramatically changing my water level and I kept adding top off assuming it was evaporation loss and it wasn't the chaeto was slowing down the flow to the pump chamber which eventually led to a flood lol now that I prune and clean the chaeto more often I don't have that problem so just keep that in mind I swear my fuge trapped more gunk then the sponges lol

I don't have my Fusion set up yet but was planning to use chamber 2 as a fuge. I've purchased the intank fuge basket (http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Fusion-10_c99.htm) and JBJ Nano-Glo light. I'm planning to cut away a section of the black backing for the light to shine through and then run the JBJ light on the opposite cycle of my display light.

Thanks for everyones input on the fuge. Looks like I will be oredering a nano glo soon.

I received my rw-4. It was noisy the first 24 hours, now silent. Even with 12V power supply, it is very strong. I have to keep it in W1 mode, lowest setting. Otherwise, it blows sand.

Hey guys,

I own this tank and I have noticed that a lot of dirty stuff gets collected on the bottom of the second chamber of the tank. Does anyone else have this problem as well? The odor coming from it is quite disgusting but I can't find a way for my siphon to go all the way down to the chamber and suck it all up :wacko::wacko: