Cultivated Reef

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Try some punk rocker zoas. They are super hardy, grow like weeds and are very beautiful. I don't use a skimmer on my fusion 10G, do you?

I'll check those out for sure. I just built a skimmer, mame style out of a gravel vac. It's pretty great to be honest. I did it to take care of cyano that popped up on my sandbed from some dry rock I added that leached phosphates and silicates.

• Like 2

I have looked long and often, and other than the air stone powered ones, the ghost is the only one that fits. If you do find one, let us know!

On the other hand, you might be able to pick one up used. You could post a "want to buy" in the hardware classifieds and see if anyone is looking to sell.

What air stone powered ones will fit? It'd be better than nothing for the time being & they're considerably cheaper.

• Like 2

Coral box moon LED

That's what I thought it was. I just got one myself and love it. It took me a while to tweak it to where my zoas weren't pissed off anymore though. For the money, it's pretty hard to beat.

• Like 1

Anyone one have suggestions on a powerhead? was thinking about the hydor pico after reading other threads.

Im using a Jebao PP-4 until I can buy a mp-10

• Like 1
n0rcal2wheeler

Curious i have my zoas on the sand bed and initially they were open but they seem now to not fully open, well some of the frags. would you recommend moving the frags up or increasing the light? I have a tide nanobox mini v3 with lime and have the blues at 160 and the whites at 80

I'm not one to be giving advice, but I had to turn my whites waaaay down on my light. When I switched lights, my zoas washed out and then closed up for a long time, which prompted me to start turning down whites until they started opening again.

reefernanoman

Curious i have my zoas on the sand bed and initially they were open but they seem now to not fully open, well some of the frags. would you recommend moving the frags up or increasing the light? I have a tide nanobox mini v3 with lime and have the blues at 160 and the whites at 80

Decrease your intesity and lower the zoas. They don't really like too much light TBH.

• Like 1
n0rcal2wheeler

Found a zoa eating nudibranch today!!!! i have adjusted my white intensity and will probably dip every zoa this week when i get the chance. Man those suckers are hard to spot, i just shot water via my coral feeder pipette to see if there was anything irritating my zoas and thats when i saw this punk swirling in my water column.

Tarponslayer

Finally got my light and skimmer in. Tank should be done cycling this weekend. Going to post a picture of it with some stuff in it then.

Found a zoa eating nudibranch today!!!! i have adjusted my white intensity and will probably dip every zoa this week when i get the chance. Man those suckers are hard to spot, i just shot water via my coral feeder pipette to see if there was anything irritating my zoas and thats when i saw this punk swirling in my water column.

Almost introduced one to my 90 gal. Always dip your coral no matter where it comes from. Once they are in the tank they can lay eggs inside zoas. If your zoas are not opening up you might want to separate them because they might have eggs inside them
  • Like 1
n0rcal2wheeler

Finally got my light and skimmer in. Tank should be done cycling this weekend. Going to post a picture of it with some stuff in it then.

Almost introduced one to my 90 gal. Always dip your coral no matter where it comes from. Once they are in the tank they can lay eggs inside zoas. If your zoas are not opening up you might want to separate them because they might have eggs inside them

This ^^ this is what i am scared is happening right now, one zoa head has not opened, will the dip kill the eggs too?? I have lugols and coral rx. What order and dosage strength do you guys recommend? What will get rid of the eggs?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hey guys, I'm getting plenty of buildup on my sand bed... Would a starfish be suitable to tighten that up or too small of a tank?

rsaesq@gmail.com

I have a small starfish, but he stays mostly on the glass. I keep a few hermits which keep the surface sand tidy and a turbo snail that buries himself most of the time but his movements keep the sand stirred up fairly well.

Obsessed Reefer

Hello all Fusion 10 owners, I'm seeking assistance!

I'm looking for two distance measurements that are not in Innovative Marine's website. I'm looking for distance from the top of the 2nd baffle to the top of the tank, and the distance from the bottom of the first / second chamber to the top of the tank. If someone has a way of measuring that'd be much appreciated!

28837816165_2175623914.jpg

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Tarponslayer

HELP. corals not opening up. Bubble tip died. Is my light too strong or is there something wrong with my water. Can do a water test if needed. Just did a water change and took the percentages of the lights from 20% down to 10%. Running ai prime hd

Tarponslayer

Okay went ahead and did a water test anyway

PH 7.8

Alkalinity- dkh 7 meq/L 2.5

Nitrate- 20

Nitrite- 0.2

Ammonia- 0.8

Tested with Red Sea marine care test kit

Hello all Fusion 10 owners, I'm seeking assistance!

I'm looking for two distance measurements that are not in Innovative Marine's website. I'm looking for distance from the top of the 2nd baffle to the top of the tank, and the distance from the bottom of the first / second chamber to the top of the tank. If someone has a way of measuring that'd be much appreciated!

28837816165_2175623914.jpg

Thank you!

I just did some quick measurements with a ruler. 3" and 11".

Okay went ahead and did a water test anyway

PH 7.8

Alkalinity- dkh 7 meq/L 2.5

Nitrate- 20

Nitrite- 0.2

Ammonia- 0.8

Tested with Red Sea marine care test kit

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well!

If you have any ammonia or nitrites at all, then you either haven't finished cycling, or something that died (like maybe your RBTA?) has triggered a new mini cycle. How long have you had it set up? Do you have a tank thread set up so we can get more details?

Nitrites don't really hurt anything in a salt water tank, but anything other than zero nitrites is also a sign that the cycle is still not done.

Tarponslayer

I let the tank cycle completely before adding anything. But I think I over did it once I started adding stuff. I probably over did the bio load too fast. This tank is probably way too crowded but I'm done adding anymore livestock besides coral. I had a buddy help me out with my light and some corals are opening back up. Lost a frogspawn however. Some corals still haven't opened up since he day I got them. And the ones that are opening up are not opening like they did at the store. Right now I just have zoas and 2 favias. One of the favias started turning white on the edges so I moved it under a rock a little. If it matters this is my livestock. 2 clowns, a bicolor Blenny, sharp nose puffer, and a baby snowflake eel. Also have a cleanup crew and an anemone crab. I feed everyday and hand feed the eel so I don't pollute the tank as much. I've lost a seahorse and the bubble tip. I didn't know the feeding requirements for the seahorse so that was all on me. The bubble tip I don't know why it died. As of right now I am waiting a while for everything to get back to normal before adding any more coral

Tarponslayer

Let me know if you can see this trying to post a picture for the first time. This first pic is the tank before the bubble tip, eel, puffer, cleaner crew and before the seahorse died. . all of my corals were open except the gsp (which has not opened since I bought it)

post-91826-0-29950300-1471932681_thumb.jpg

Tarponslayer

Now this second picture is after the seahorse died, after the addition of the eel and second clown. also before the frogspawn died but you can see it is on its way out. This is also before the bubble tip died.

post-91826-0-53600500-1471932578_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking onto buying a Nuvo Fusion 10 to replace my custom Deep Blue 8g. Has anyone had problems with leaks? I searched the forum but found nothing(which is good). My LFS said he had heard reports of them leaking.