inTank Media Baskets

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

HarryPotter

Anybody ever use a sump or refugium with the IM 10G? If so, which one? Also, has anybody hooked up an Apex controller to theirs?

Apex is easy lol, you just need to put the probe in a rear chamber.

Sump/Refugium is harder since the Fusion 10 is AIO, you're better off just starting with a standard reef ready tank.

• Like 1

Apex is easy lol, you just need to put the probe in a rear chamber.

Sump/Refugium is harder since the Fusion 10 is AIO, you're better off just starting with a standard reef ready tank.

Thanks for the reply! I figured Sump/Refugium was out of the question. I was just making sure Apex didn't take up too much space.

rsaesq@gmail.com

Just want to share with you guys my humble tank. Cheers!

Cool video, Nano. And some very cool stuff in your tank. Can we see a FTS? I'd like to see your placement of the Xenia.

What my fusion 10 looks like today

Very nice! I like the clean simple look. It's the total opposite of my cluttered, overcrowded tank :lol:

Just want to share with you guys my humble tank. Cheers!

Nice job! I really like your video and the tank is beautiful.

• Like 1

Very nice! I like the clean simple look. It's the total opposite of my cluttered, overcrowded tank :lol:

Lol its the total oppositr from my 50 gallon tank too. Very easy to manage and less to clean in this nano.

n0rcal2wheeler

I noticed there is no section of heaters stickied to the front page. I was wondering what heaters you guys are able to use in this tank with the height of the chambers in the rear and if you use the second chamber or third chamber. I know the cobalt neotherms will be suggested but was also curious about other good heaters that suit this tank well. Thanks for any input! ;)

• Like 1

I noticed there is no section of heaters stickied to the front page. I was wondering what heaters you guys are able to use in this tank with the height of the chambers in the rear and if you use the second chamber or third chamber. I know the cobalt neotherms will be suggested but was also curious about other good heaters that suit this tank well. Thanks for any input! ;)

I use a 50w Finnex titanium with an external temperature control. It's very small and fits easily in the third chamber.

http://www.amazon.com/Finnex-Electronic-Controller-Aquarium-20-Gallon/dp/B002YJW58K

I love these things and use them in all my tanks. I do have one Neotherm, and it's nice. But although it's thin, it's very wide. And I actually have had a problem with it not starting back up after a power outage, and it's happened more than once. I must just be very unlucky with mine, because I've never heard of anyone else having a problem, though.

• Like 1
n0rcal2wheeler

I use a 50w Finnex titanium with an external temperature control. It's very small and fits easily in the third chamber.

http://www.amazon.com/Finnex-Electronic-Controller-Aquarium-20-Gallon/dp/B002YJW58K

I love these things and use them in all my tanks. I do have one Neotherm, and it's nice. But although it's thin, it's very wide. And I actually have had a problem with it not starting back up after a power outage, and it's happened more than once. I must just be very unlucky with mine, because I've never heard of anyone else having a problem, though.

Thanks teeny, I haven't checked out this heater yet and i like the external controller especially for AIOs like we have. My intank media rack comes in today!! Just starting to get my diatom bloom after seeding sand from my established tank. MUST BE PATIENT, also no choice since im broke.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone I am new to the IM Fusion 10 club. I just migrated over from an ancient nano aquarium that I could no longer get lights/filter media etc for and I am extremely happy except for 1 thing.

My cat had figured out that if she jumps on the back she can flip off the plastic grid and fish for my live stock. I have already lost my male clown from my bonded pair. I'm worried not only for the remaining fish, but for the moment when she slips and falls in and the whole set up tips over onto the floor.

Has anyone made, commercial or home brew, a more substantial top for the IM Fusion 10? Right now I'm looking at purchasing a sheet of plastic grating and cutting it to fit the front and backpack area she can' t reach in at all.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Erci

• Like 1

I was wondering if anyone that has the Maxspect razor nano has modified it to allow the ghost skimmer to fit. I'm working on a solution to the massive bracket that blocks some of the second chamber.

I was wondering if anyone that has the Maxspect razor nano has modified it to allow the ghost skimmer to fit. I'm working on a solution to the massive bracket that blocks some of the second chamber.

That bracket is huge! I don't remember seeing anybody using that with a skimmer in the second chamber, sorry.

Hello everyone I am new to the IM Fusion 10 club. I just migrated over from an ancient nano aquarium that I could no longer get lights/filter media etc for and I am extremely happy except for 1 thing.

My cat had figured out that if she jumps on the back she can flip off the plastic grid and fish for my live stock. I have already lost my male clown from my bonded pair. I'm worried not only for the remaining fish, but for the moment when she slips and falls in and the whole set up tips over onto the floor.

Has anyone made, commercial or home brew, a more substantial top for the IM Fusion 10? Right now I'm looking at purchasing a sheet of plastic grating and cutting it to fit the front and backpack area she can' t reach in at all.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Erci

I haven't used them myself, but I hear Artfully Acrylic does custom tops. Smiz, a fellow NR guy, was making them but he just recently shut down the business :)

So I was away in Europe for three weeks with my two tanks left behind! My large tank was taken care of by my brother in law, unfortunately my nuvo 10g was on autopilot at my girlfriends house....

Well I had no issues at all with my tunze nano ato! The thing is amazing and did what it had to do.... Unfortunately my return pump died on me...I've done what I have to to make the tank function without the back chambers but will need to replace the pump...

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I could just order a replacement or could upgrade, let me hear what everyone has to say and what's best!

EDIT: I ended up purchasing a sicce 0.5 to replace the stock pump and it is fantastic so far for flow! Extremely happy with the results of the swap. I guess it may have been a good thing the factory pump crapped out after a few months... If anyone is looking for a pump upgrade this is it! I know a 1.0 fits as well but it might be too much for the overflow to handle.

After getting out of the hobby in 2011 and moving to Greece for a few years I am back and have caught the bug again.

Nanobox on order, LFSs are about to loose business for not being able to get the tank in, and I have no clue on a stand yet. Oh and how are folks relocating their circulation pump further into the deadzone of chamber 3?

Oh and I picked up a returned Spec V from Petco on the cheap so I will be going from 0 to 2 tanks by the fall

• Like 1

Upgrade To a sicce 0.5 and you'll be happier I managed to get the majority of mine in the dead space. It's an amazing upgrade

After getting out of the hobby in 2011 and moving to Greece for a few years I am back and have caught the bug again.

Nanobox on order, LFSs are about to loose business for not being able to get the tank in, and I have no clue on a stand yet. Oh and how are folks relocating their circulation pump further into the deadzone of chamber 3?

Oh and I picked up a returned Spec V from Petco on the cheap so I will be going from 0 to 2 tanks by the fall

• Like 1