inTank Media Baskets

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Super simple, a pair of snips and some loctite and I had a rack of any size I wanted in 15 mins. I actually made a couple of them because it was so simple.

On another note, I officially hate zoas. That and this cyano that I am fighting right now on my sand bed.

Welcome! With a name like tarponslayer, you must live somewhat close to me. Look forward to seeing your tank. You are going to love it. Imo, teeny's tanks on here are the best references for learning. GL~

Thanks but I think your tank is looking pretty good too :)

The Nanobox is a little pricey but the color of the light results in a really good look and the corals definitely love it. And the customized colors are really cool. You can get used Nanobox Mini Tides used fairly easily although they usually sell quick. I'll probably be selling one of my old ones soon because it's just sisitting in the box as a spare right now.

• Like 2
Elizabeth94

I love my mp10 for this tank, but I do keep it on the lowest setting. Obviously you can not use its full potential, so some may say it is overkill but it works really well and the motor is outside of the tank so it wont add heat to the system.

• Like 2

Would you guys actually recommend a MP10. just seems like a little overkill to me

I love mine. I run it on about 50% in variable speed modes like reefcrest. Because it has plenty of flow without having to crank it up all the way, it's very quiet. And like Elizabeth said, it's great having the dry side motor outside the tank.

But it is definitely the most expensive option you can pick. The Jebao options are much cheaper, but you don't get the same level of control and they take up more space inside the tank.

• Like 1
Tarponslayer

Alright about to make the order for everything I need. But I'm stuck between the hydor ato and the tunze ato nano. Being since this is a Nuvo. Salinity is key. I've read that the hydor takes a little bit to shut off and on. And was worried about space with the tunze. I'm going to be putting the sensor in the third chamber of the tank.

Alright about to make the order for everything I need. But I'm stuck between the hydor ato and the tunze ato nano. Being since this is a Nuvo. Salinity is key. I've read that the hydor takes a little bit to shut off and on. And was worried about space with the tunze. I'm going to be putting the sensor in the third chamber of the tank.

I am using the AutoAqua Micro ATO in my IM10, it shuts off promptly and is tiny.

http://www.marinedepot.com/AutoAqua_Smart_ATO_Micro_Automatic_Top_Off_System_Auto_Top_Off_Units-AutoAqua-CV12117-FIDPAT-vi.html

As far as MP10 goes, I am using one and plan on softies/LPS too. I love the MP10 because of the small footprint and my tank is next to my bed, so silence was absolute key for me. Mine is an old model but it is still silent since I run it on the 3rd lowest setting. I use reef crest or lagoon. It isn't necessary but used Mp10's can be had for cheap.

Thinking about upgrading the return to a Sicce .5 or a 1.0, possibly with a spin stream... With my tank being mainly LPS is this a good idea or too much flow?

I'm not sure I like the RW-4 even with the voltage mod. It doesn't seem to produce random enough flow but a pulsing stream...

reefernanoman

Would you guys actually recommend a MP10. just seems like a little overkill to me

I love my MP10 inside my fusion 10G. I have it at around 15% and it works pretty well.

• Like 1
Tarponslayer

Made my order last night. Ai prime hd. And the ghost skimmer. Will post a picture when it arrives. Ato will be the next buy. Going to see how Red Sea coral pro salt does for corals. Been using reef crystals in my 90 reef. Interested to see the results.

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Made my order last night. Ai prime hd. And the ghost skimmer. Will post a picture when it arrives. Ato will be the next buy. Going to see how Red Sea coral pro salt does for corals. Been using reef crystals in my 90 reef. Interested to see the results.

Nice! I have used RSCP before and the colors on my corals were better than what they are right now (currently using regular IO).

• Like 1

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Love the prime. My sister has one on her biocube 29 looks great. Tap Teeny on ghost tips. Just built a skimmer out of a gravel vac, woodstone and air pump.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Super simple, a pair of snips and some loctite and I had a rack of any size I wanted in 15 mins. I actually made a couple of them because it was so simple.

On another note, I officially hate zoas. That and this cyano that I am fighting right now on my sand bed.

Why do you hate zoas? I must admit that I've had some melt away for no reason in the past (usually if it's a very small colony of like one or two polyps).
  • Like 1

Why do you hate zoas? I must admit that I've had some melt away for no reason in the past (usually if it's a very small colony of like one or two polyps).

I just can't keep them happy no matter what. They stretch, fold, melt. I've researched and tried all sorts of fixes. I'm guessing my water may be too clean, dunno. The only set I have that is happy are my red PEs.

• Like 2
reefernanoman

I just can't keep them happy no matter what. They stretch, fold, melt. I've researched and tried all sorts of fixes. I'm guessing my water may be too clean, dunno. The only set I have that is happy are my red PEs.

Try some punk rocker zoas. They are super hardy, grow like weeds and are very beautiful. I don't use a skimmer on my fusion 10G, do you?

• Like 1

Hi All,

I've been following a long for a while and have learned a lot from you all so thanks for that!! I have finally decided to upload a photo. This is my very first tank so there is still a lot for me to learn. The left picture is a few weeks after getting started and the one on the right is an FTS from earlier this month. The tank is about 6 months old. Everything is pretty much stock except for the inTank media basket I added. I look forward to learning more from you all and checking out your tanks!!!

IMG_1692_zpspw8iviqa.jpg

• Like 3

Hi All,

I've been following a long for a while and have learned a lot from you all so thanks for that!! I have finally decided to upload a photo. This is my very first tank so there is still a lot for me to learn. The left picture is a few weeks after getting started and the one on the right is an FTS from earlier this month. The tank is about 6 months old. Everything is pretty much stock except for the inTank media basket I added. I look forward to learning more from you all and checking out your tanks!!!

IMG_1692_zpspw8iviqa.jpg

Looks nice, and congratulations on the six monthiversary!

I need to get my build up so I can be added to this! Just started cycling yesterday!

:welcome: to the IM10 club! Let us know when you get your build thread started. We don't mind pictures of tanks when they're ugly, it just makes the pretty ones look that much better later on :)

I totally get it, I've had the same problems. And mine sometimes go from happy and healthy to ugly and then back again for no apparent reason. I have found that a mild peroxide dip will sometimes cure all zoa ills, at least temporarily. And sometimes when I move a frag from one tank to another it will suddenly start doing great in the new tank. Ah, the mysteries of the zoas...

• Like 3

Has anyone found a protein skimmer besides the ghost that will fit in the back chamber? Call me cheap, but I can't bring myself to drop that kind of money on a skimmer.

• Like 1

Has anyone found a protein skimmer besides the ghost that will fit in the back chamber? Call me cheap, but I can't bring myself to drop that kind of money on a skimmer.

I have looked long and often, and other than the air stone powered ones, the ghost is the only one that fits. If you do find one, let us know!

On the other hand, you might be able to pick one up used. You could post a "want to buy" in the hardware classifieds and see if anyone is looking to sell.