Cultivated Reef

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

rsaesq@gmail.com

try flipping around the gooseneck mount so the slimmer part is on the inside

Yeah, that's the only way I could get it to fit at all. But I still can't lift the top of the skimmer out to clean it. I think I'm just going to mount the light above on of the other outer chambers and bend the gooseneck so the light is centered over the tank. It might look a little hokey, but that's the only way I can think of to get everything to fit. I'm loving the AI Prime light, BTW. Haven't figured out the moonlight settings yet. After the light ramps down for the night it just shuts off.

• Like 2

Yeah, that's the only way I could get it to fit at all. But I still can't lift the top of the skimmer out to clean it. I think I'm just going to mount the light above on of the other outer chambers and bend the gooseneck so the light is centered over the tank. It might look a little hokey, but that's the only way I can think of to get everything to fit. I'm loving the AI Prime light, BTW. Haven't figured out the moonlight settings yet. After the light ramps down for the night it just shuts off.

Thats the only thing I could think to do also. As for the prime moonlight, it works off of intensity. So basically you have to set your lights to around 10% for the time you want moonlight. Then you turn on the moonlight function and set the times. It will illuminate according to what type of moon it is that night for example if its full moon it will run at 10% and if it is no moon or just a sliver it will run around 1%. Personally I just run the blues at 8% from the end of my ramp down till 12am

What are your settings for your normal photoperiod?

So, Seattle is really hot this year. Again. We hit a record 86 degrees yesterday, which isn't at all good in a city where nobody has AC. My tank hit 81 before I dragged out the fans:

LauraAllenNuvo10 ChillBaby April20.2016 (576x1024)

I placed an order for a Chill Solutons CSXC-1 today; the fans are working now, but by June they won't be enough, I'm sure. Has anyone else ever used one? It looked relatively easy to hook up; Marine Depot apparently doesn't carry the quick install kits anymore, so I hope to make do with extra tubing and couplings.

Any advice?

rsaesq@gmail.com

Thats the only thing I could think to do also. As for the prime moonlight, it works off of intensity. So basically you have to set your lights to around 10% for the time you want moonlight. Then you turn on the moonlight function and set the times. It will illuminate according to what type of moon it is that night for example if its full moon it will run at 10% and if it is no moon or just a sliver it will run around 1%. Personally I just run the blues at 8% from the end of my ramp down till 12am

What are your settings for your normal photoperiod?

To be honest with you, I'm still figuring it out. I ramp up at 11:00 am for an hour to 50% across the board. I start ramping down at 9:30 pm for an hour and then everything shuts off. I didn't realize I needed to set the max % for the moon, but that makes sense. I will try your "blue moon" settings tonight. From everything I've read it sort of seems like trial and error. It all depends on what you have in your tank and where (bottom, middle, top), how far the light is from the surface, etc. I have mostly soft corals in my little tank and so far everything seems to be happy! Thanks for the info!

To be honest with you, I'm still figuring it out. I ramp up at 11:00 am for an hour to 50% across the board. I start ramping down at 9:30 pm for an hour and then everything shuts off. I didn't realize I needed to set the max % for the moon, but that makes sense. I will try your "blue moon" settings tonight. From everything I've read it sort of seems like trial and error. It all depends on what you have in your tank and where (bottom, middle, top), how far the light is from the surface, etc. I have mostly soft corals in my little tank and so far everything seems to be happy! Thanks for the info!

Yeah no problem! I just went for the blue moon setting haha. Do you have a build thread?

rsaesq@gmail.com

Yeah no problem! I just went for the blue moon setting haha. Do you have a build thread?

I don't. I bought the tank fully stocked, so to speak. I bought it from a guy who was moving, so I bought his whole set up and carefully moved everything to my house. Water and all! So I didn't have to go through all the cycling and what not that all you guys that start from scratch have to go through. But here's a pic...

image_zpsewljketb.jpeg

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Huge update fusion gang... Marine Depot made it in record 4 days time from out west to FL... the tank has been leak testing since about noon now, and i have noticed the final return chamber has a bubble under the glass shelf above 1 and 2, is that normal?

I assume its also normal for the InTank basket to have the top shelf be full of water? not used to that, my other baskets don't fill so high...

• Like 2

Huge update fusion gang... Marine Depot made it in record 4 days time from out west to FL... the tank has been leak testing since about noon now, and i have noticed the final return chamber has a bubble under the glass shelf above 1 and 2, is that normal?

I assume its also normal for the InTank basket to have the top shelf be full of water? not used to that, my other baskets don't fill so high...

high water level in the basket is caused by a restriction. maybe less filter floss or a smaller bag of carbon (if that's what is in there)

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Lol, I'm still in leak testing, there was nothing in the tank except a running return pump... after the initial rinse with regular water i filled with RODI water and added the basket, then added the floss to catch dust and whatnot...

The top of the basket was already full... even before adding the floss...

reefernanoman

This looks about right to me - my basket works pretty much the same way. It's got to force all the water through the floss so I always get a little bit of water on top of the floss.

Yup, mine looks the same.

• Like 1
MainelyReefer

I tried to find a similar pic through google...no success. I'm assuming this is a type of algae?!? Very weird being singular and spaced out. It's only growing on the back wall. Any input and/or advice??

20151113_234449.jpg

Just reading through this and noticed the issue tblake12 is having and thought I should mention in this picture the plastic grommet is pushed through the sump wall from the wrong direction, try removing it and inserting the thicker diameter side through the black sump wall this will stop backflow from the return nozzle. I just got this tank and that's how mine is

• Like 1

http://vid1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb337/profetalbo/IMG_4752_zpsoda1zdr9.mp4

I've looked at the Pest threads, and I'm guessing that these are amphipods, but I would love for someone to confirm or tell me otherwise. I have what's looks like a proper infestation starting.

Yep, those look like amphipods to me. I have them in my tank too, especially the 4g. Fitzgerald, the pink streaked wrasse, seems to keep them under control in the 10g tank, to the point where I rarely see them.

You seem to have a lot of them, though, and they can bother your zoas. You can probably get them back under control by severely cutting back feeding for a couple weeks.

• Like 1

Yep, those look like amphipods to me. I have them in my tank too, especially the 4g. Fitzgerald, the pink streaked wrasse, seems to keep them under control in the 10g tank, to the point where I rarely see them.

You seem to have a lot of them, though, and they can bother your zoas. You can probably get them back under control by severely cutting back feeding for a couple weeks.

Thanks teeny! I was wondering what was going on with the zoas and finally starting looking into things. Picked up a really small six line wrasse today. I know I'll probably have to get rid of him as he gets bigger, but by then the pod population should get under control, then I might replace with a possum or cryptic wrasse. We'll see.

• Like 1

Thanks teeny! I was wondering what was going on with the zoas and finally starting looking into things. Picked up a really small six line wrasse today. I know I'll probably have to get rid of him as he gets bigger, but by then the pod population should get under control, then I might replace with a possum or cryptic wrasse. We'll see.

I've had great luck with my pink streaked wrasse!

• Like 1

I had thought you had a six line, which was why I picked him up. I knew I should've pm'ed you first. Oh well, at least he is good and small ;). Thanks for the reply buddy!

• Like 1

I had thought you had a six line, which was why I picked him up. I knew I should've pm'ed you first. Oh well, at least he is good and small ;). Thanks for the reply buddy!

No problem - just take him back to the LFS when he gets too big and replace him with a PSW :)

• Like 2

Anyone stock fusion 10 pump blows microbubbles into the display? I have a RW4 already in the display what would be a good pump besides a MJ900 that I can replace it with?

The stock pump won't blow microbubbles in the tank on it's own unless something is wrong with the tank setup. Some folks have found the coupler that connects the return pump hose to the outlet nozzle was mounted wrong/backwards, allowing air to come through the bulkhead. Other folks have had microbubbles come from the skimmer, or from having the water level too low in the pump chamber.

But I don't think anyone has reported microbubbles once the underlying problem was cleared up.

If you search this thread you'll find a number of recommendations for pump upgrades, but I've never needed it in my tank because the flow is good enough to pump through the filter media and that's all I needed with an MP-10 in the display area for flow.

• Like 2