Cultivated Reef

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Hello everyone I am new to the IM Fusion 10 club. I just migrated over from an ancient nano aquarium that I could no longer get lights/filter media etc for and I am extremely happy except for 1 thing.

My cat had figured out that if she jumps on the back she can flip off the plastic grid and fish for my live stock. I have already lost my male clown from my bonded pair. I'm worried not only for the remaining fish, but for the moment when she slips and falls in and the whole set up tips over onto the floor.

Has anyone made, commercial or home brew, a more substantial top for the IM Fusion 10? Right now I'm looking at purchasing a sheet of plastic grating and cutting it to fit the front and backpack area she can' t reach in at all.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Erci

I doubt it would help that much, but while messing around making nano frag racks I made an extra top from black egg crate. I was hoping I would get better light pass through, not so much... I can't imagine this stopping a cat, but it is something to consider.

SarlinDescent

Nah, there's room for at least two or three more little cups in there :D

I actually got 7 new frags today lol. Removing the cups helped a lot. 30 new frags in 24 hours.

• Like 1
SarlinDescent

ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!

20160701_204630.jpg

This mushroom kept getting buried by my pistol shrimp since it fell in a crack that I couldn't get it out of. Four months later and it's back.

Some corals are just jerks....

20160701_204922.jpg

Some shots of the new ones.

20160701_193624.jpg

20160701_193606.jpg

20160701_193525.jpg

• Like 2

montipora spongodes. It encrusts and grows shoots.

It looks nice. I have one that the LFS said was called "Frog in a Blender", they get points for creativity, at least :lol:

I will be moving to a 20 gallon long tank with a 10 gallon sump. After I move everything to the new tank, I plan to use my IM 10 as a frag tank. What do you think about that? Any suggestions for trays (commercial or DIY) and arrangements to maximize space/functionality?

Tarponslayer

Found this forum looking for stuff for my new IM 10 gal. Went ahead and made an account to join in on the fun. I'll post a picture of my tank when I figure out how to use the site better.

• Like 3

Welcome! With a name like tarponslayer, you must live somewhat close to me. Look forward to seeing your tank. You are going to love it. Imo, teeny's tanks on here are the best references for learning. GL~

• Like 1
n0rcal2wheeler

Any recommendations on a frag rack for our nuvo 10 gallon nanos? was wondering what you guys were using that fits well aesthetically and for the space we have

• Like 1

Any recommendations on a frag rack for our nuvo 10 gallon nanos? was wondering what you guys were using that fits well aesthetically and for the space we have

I cut one out of black egg crate. I didn't want to use magnets, so I create a hang on style. I put a picture or two in my build thread. Let us know what you come up with.

Tarponslayer

What lights are you guys using on your tanks. debating on if i should go all out and get a AI prime HD or just build my own led. Also do you guys like the ghost skimmmer? is it worth it ? Ill post pictures of my tank once i get my light situation figured out.

What lights are you guys using on your tanks. debating on if i should go all out and get a AI prime HD or just build my own led. Also do you guys like the ghost skimmmer? is it worth it ? Ill post pictures of my tank once i get my light situation figured out.

You'll find that quite a few of us have nanoboxes.