Coral Vue Hydros

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Dude, i like the artwork pinned in the background!

:lol: me too! When I did the N-R Secret Santa thing last year, Tamberav sent me my present wrapped in hand-decorated wrapping paper. I cut them out and saved them :)

• Like 1
SURVEYMAN46123

So I am new to the AIO tanks and I have a quick couple of questions. I figured they would be best asked here as I have and IM 10 I will be setting up soon.

How high/full do you keep your third chamber?

What ATO is best for this tank?

I’m looking at purchasing the Tunze Nano ATO, but welcome your input/suggestions.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I have had the Full Tunze ATO on my larger tank for like 5 years... i just now replaced the pump, otherwise is a great choice... the Nano just doesn't have the backup sensor...

I would recommend it... i need one for my IM10...

I keep mine so when i manually top off, right at where the baffle is... so the baffle creates a current into the third chamber... i use it to gauge evaporation...

I would also highly encourage you to pick up this media basket

1445546672060865956180.jpeg

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Innovative-Marine-Fusion-10-20-25-Media-Basket-IM20MR.htm

• Like 1

I keep my water level ~1/4" below the divider for chambers 2 & 3.

I use the Auto Aqua micro simply because of its small size.

Also follow Tron's advice and get the InTank media basket. You will not be sorry.

Obsessed Reefer

I have the tunze ato and love it. I keep my water level just above the baffle for the last chamber. Honestly, as long as you have an ATO set up, you can keep it where ever you like. I suggest trying a few different levels to see how loud they are.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Just don't set it so high so that if you shut off the return, don't let the water that fills up that rear chamber reach the ATO line, or else you'll have back syphon emptying your tank into and overflowing your ATO reservoir...

just installed the eshopps nano skimmer....this thing is awesome. quick to install, adjusts easily with magnet, very quiet (and I didn't even use the silencer, no micro bubbles,and looks good too54B34140-433E-4298-9937-94DBDCEEB025_zps....

Thanks teenyreef, great recommendation!

96A7DCF9-DE25-4060-BB5F-2B1F51A76AF0_zps

• Like 2

I'm glad it worked out! So did you remove the sponge? I haven't tried mine without it but I don't want to have to clean it every week.

Nope....I was wondering how quickly it will gunk up though...

• Like 1

I cleaned mine after two weeks and it was nasty. But at least the skimmer is easy to take out and put back in.

I'm going to try running it without the sponge just to see how bad the microbubbles are without it.

I cleaned mine after two weeks and it was nasty. But at least the skimmer is easy to take out and put back in.

I'm going to try running it without the sponge just to see how bad the microbubbles are without it.

When I used the eshopps in my biocube, I only cleaned the sponge every 3 months or so. But I was also lazy about dialing it in well and only got dark green tea looking skimmate.

• Like 1

Put all this on hiatus. Just scored a super great deal on an IM Fusion 30L. 8^0

How many of you like a good hustle? Okay, put your wu-tang on in the background, preferably a Ghostface-heavy track, and listen to the run down.

I picked up an IM30L at a ridiculous good price, then I saw on CL two primes for 200. So I bought them as I was planning the IM30build, and the guy had a tank that I couldn't pass up--a Red Sea max E260 (tank only). So in order to avoid a costly divorce, I promised the wife that I would sell the IM 30 in order to buy the E260.

I posted and sold the 30 and made $50 and was able to talk the guy into taking $250 for the E260 and he threw in a sicce x stream e powerhead and an InTank basket built for a biocube 29, which crazy enough just about fits perfectly in one of the media rack chambers in the e260.

So, all in all, I got the RSM E260, a sicce powerhead, the InTank basket and two primes for 400. Did I mention the tank was never used....bang, bang~

• Like 2

How many of you like a good hustle? Okay, put your wu-tang on in the background, preferably a Ghostface-heavy track, and listen to the run down.

I picked up an IM30L at a ridiculous good price, then I saw on CL two primes for 200. So I bought them as I was planning the IM30build, and the guy had a tank that I couldn't pass up--a Red Sea max E260 (tank only). So in order to avoid a costly divorce, I promised the wife that I would sell the IM 30 in order to buy the E260.

I posted and sold the 30 and made $50 and was able to talk the guy into taking $250 for the E260 and he threw in a sicce x stream e powerhead and an InTank basket built for a biocube 29, which crazy enough just about fits perfectly in one of the media rack chambers in the e260.

So, all in all, I got the RSM E260, a sicce powerhead, the InTank basket and two primes for 400. Did I mention the tank was never used....bang, bang~

Soooo, what your saying is you stole an aquarium and threw $400 at them because you felt bad? :lol:

• Like 2

looking at new ATO's..

It came with a JBJ ato but the unit is malfunctioning....and the sensor is pretty big to fit into the back on the fusion 10 with all the other stuff already back there anyway.....

What would you recommend in the $100 range (give or take alitte)?

Smart ATO?

Hydor Smart Level?

Tunze 3152 nano?

any I missed?

if it makes a difference...I do want to add/run kalk with it.

Obsessed Reefer

looking at new ATO's..

It came with a JBJ ato but the unit is malfunctioning....and the sensor is pretty big to fit into the back on the fusion 10 with all the other stuff already back there anyway.....

Smart ATO?

Hydor Smart Level?

Tunze 3152 nano?

any I missed?

I have the Tunze and love it.

looking at new ATO's..

Smart ATO?

Hydor Smart Level?

Tunze 3152 nano?

any I missed?

I think the Smart ATO Micro is the best for an IM10. The micro (not the regular Smart ATO) uses a very small optical sensor and it doesn't have to "see" through the glass like it's big brother.

I've had all of the ATO's on your list and they all have their flaws:

Smart ATO: big sensor, needs to see through the glass so it can't go in a back chamber so it's useless in an IM10.

Hydor Smart ATO: you have to buy separate pump that goes slowly like a Tom's Lifter, because it has a thermal sensor that reacts very slowly. And the rubber pump diaphragms in the Tom's Lifter wear out every year and have to be replaced.

Tunze Nano: the best of the rest, but it has a mechanical sensor which can get jammed by snails (it's happened to me more than once). Overflow prevention is timer based, and the pump goes pretty fast, so you can end up changing your salinity significantly before it cuts off.

The Smart Micro ATO also uses a timer to detect overflow, but it's smarter - it cuts off once it runs for more time than it took to pump water into the tank when it was first started up. In practice that means it cuts off after one or two seconds at most if the sensor fails.

Having said all that, I'm currently using the Tunze Nano in my IM10 and I haven't had any problems with it for a long time.

• Like 1

I have the Tunze 3155. It works pretty well except at night. I dont know if I dont have enough ambient light or what, but at night it overfills to the point the light sensor is submerged and the backup float sensor is beginning to float.

Works flawless during the day though. I like the fact it has a backup overfill sensor. Gives me peace of mind it wont overflow my tank and spill water on the floor. You will need to install an airline adjustment valve on the end of the return line like teenyreef suggested in one of his build threads. If you dont choke down the return line with a valve, it will overfill your tank.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

So far I've refused to add any additional equipment to my IM10 as its in a very space restricted and already cluttered area of my daughter's room...

having said that, i am growing tired of manually topping off daily... although it makes up for all the automation on the larger tank.... this keeps me someone in touch of at least one tank :D:lol:

Who has a nanobox tide with bluefish over their tank? I'm wondering what your channels are set at? I think I have mine a little on the low side (I only have 2 channels). :blush:

• Like 3

Who has a nanobox tide with bluefish over their tank? I'm wondering what your channels are set at? I think I have mine a little on the low side (I only have 2 channels). :blush:

Me!

Morning

RB 45

W/L 20

V 45

C/B 40

Midday

RB 55

W/L 30

V 65

C/B 50

Evening

RB 45

W/L 10

V 45

C/B 40

Im currently acclimating coral so my midday White/Lime is turned down. I usually run it 40% to get a nice 10K look during midday.

• Like 1

I do and I only have the two channels too. No worries.

Morning

Blues 45

Whites 15

Midday

Blues 93

Whites30

Evening

Blues 57

Whites 5

• Like 1