inTank Media Baskets

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

It's almost impossible to take a decent picture under the Kessil Deep Blue...filters help alittle.

ED1CEB34-750F-4995-A47D-B433E228CCBE_zps

3330795A-35E1-431C-80D8-2C030119EDD6_zps

124E621A-D448-48A1-B733-93846C2FF104_zps

D69CA0DF-5E75-43D2-BC07-CCCAA6E7A722_zps

D5BF1EEA-8E47-46A6-A671-3EE45272D0B2_zps

Those look great!

I have to turn my tide down because it seems to brown out my corals if it's above 80% blues.

My tide settings are.

Morning 8:00am PST

RB: 25%

Cyan: 20%

Violet: 20%

Whites: 5%

Moonlight: 0%

Midday:

RB: 65%

Cyan: 70%

Violet: 75%

White: 25%

ML: 0%

Evening:

RB: 25%

Cyan: 20%

Violet: 25%

White: 5%

Moonlight: 5%

Night: 5:00pm PST

RB: 0%

Cyan: 0%

Violet: 0%

Whites: 0%

Moonlight: 5%

• Like 1

So just a heads up for all those that are looking for a return pump upgrade in the 10g.

I just verified that the Jebao DC1200 fits without any issues!

It runs cool, and comes with a cheap little controller.

Hope that helps anyone who has been looking for a more powerful, or fully control able pump.

• Like 1

After stalking this thread for about a year, I finally pulled the trigger on a Fusion 10. I'm excited to join the club!

IMG_5974_zpstrjcviet.jpg

Nice scape!

After stalking this thread for about a year, I finally pulled the trigger on a Fusion 10. I'm excited to join the club!

IMG_5974_zpstrjcviet.jpg

Nice scape!

Mitch's Fishes

Nice scape!

Nice scape!

Thanks! Now I just need to work on taking decent pictures with an iPhone, if that's even possible...

Nice! God choice on the light too ;)

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing what this bad boy can do. Even though it's just 15W, it seems like it'll be able to grow just about anything in this tank.

Thanks! Now I just need to work on taking decent pictures with an iPhone, if that's even possible...

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing what this bad boy can do. Even though it's just 15W, it seems like it'll be able to grow just about anything in this tank.

Is that the new Kessil A80?

• Like 1

So I got some time today to mess with my Innovative Marine Ghost skimmer. The poor thing has been working overtime since swapping salts, and as a result, I've decided to modify it.

After having to loosen the air knob to full open in order to get the skimmer where I wanted it. The darn thing was so loud I couldn't take it.

I took the adjustment knob all the way off, and then plugged up normal the air inlet. This made the skimmer a bit quieter but it still was too loud.

Then I grabbed a small piece of airline tubing and put it into the space that normally is occupied by the adjustment knob.

(This did require a small amount of tape wrapped around the tubing to create an airtight fit)

lbFfCfT.jpg

This was the last piece of the puzzle. My skimmer is soo much quieter and now produces a good skimmate as well.

Note: I did have to adjust my collection cup significantly higher than normal.

I took a quick video to show how quiet the thing is now.

• Like 1

So I got some time today to mess with my Innovative Marine Ghost skimmer. The poor thing has been working overtime since swapping salts, and as a result, I've decided to modify it.

After having to loosen the air knob to full open in order to get the skimmer where I wanted it. The darn thing was so loud I couldn't take it.

I took the adjustment knob all the way off, and then plugged up normal the air inlet. This made the skimmer a bit quieter but it still was too loud.

Then I grabbed a small piece of airline tubing and put it into the space that normally is occupied by the adjustment knob.

(This did require a small amount of tape wrapped around the tubing to create an airtight fit)

lbFfCfT.jpg

This was the last piece of the puzzle. My skimmer is soo much quieter and now produces a good skimmate as well.

Note: I did have to adjust my collection cup significantly higher than normal.

I took a quick video to show how quiet the thing is now.

Nice mod! I'm super happy with the Eshopps Nano I got and it's dead silent, but it's great to know there's a way to quiet down the Desktop Ghost. Maybe I'll get more money for mine when I sell it now :lol:

Can you post a picture of your dosing tube holder? I remember you posted a picture when you first did it, and I may try doing something similar in my tank. It's really nice how it's so small that you can mount it out of the way on the side like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished moving 98% of my corals out of my 10g and into the new E260. What a job! I've left the rics, rfas, a seriatopora, and a few zoas. I changed up the rockwork. My tail spot and pistol shrimp stayed behind too. Now, I can searching/adding btas and rfas and eventually a goldflake maroon.

Hi, new to the forum. New to the hobby also I am looking at the IM Fusion 10 . So from what I see it's not worth it to buy the complete start up kit since everyone up grades most of it.

• Like 1
FishWrangler

Hi, new to the forum. New to the hobby also I am looking at the IM Fusion 10 . So from what I see it's not worth it to buy the complete start up kit since everyone up grades most of it.

Hi Steve,

I prefer a media basket over a sock in the first chamber and I read that light doesn't support much...so I wouldn't spend the extra $100 on stuff I'd want to replace sooner than later.

That said, you're new to the hobby and will need to figure out what you like, don't like, etc......for the extra $100 you'll have a decent set-up and can take your time learning and upgrading.

Took me awhile to learn this hobby is a marathon and not a sprint. Most important thing is to test and do water changes often when starting out..the upgrades just make it easier and they do not make up for proper husbandry.

Good luck!

• Like 1
VFW Legislator

Tank is here. In regards to lighting such a small footprint, IM Fusion10, will a single Par38 work? Gotta be honest...budget is an issue, as it is with all of us. I'd prefer a gooseneck and a par38. However, I am not sure if it will suffice. I'm also looking at a aquamaxx nemolight. MD is out of them for 6 weeks. What do you guys suggest for a dude on a budget.

Tank is here. In regards to lighting such a small footprint, IM Fusion10, will a single Par38 work? Gotta be honest...budget is an issue, as it is with all of us. I'd prefer a gooseneck and a par38. However, I am not sure if it will suffice. I'm also looking at a aquamaxx nemolight. MD is out of them for 6 weeks. What do you guys suggest for a dude on a budget.

I've heard good things about both.

I would likely go for the nemo over the par38 though.

P.s. if you take your time, you can usually pick up a really good light in the classifieds for a great price.

• Like 1
VFW Legislator

I've heard good things about both.

I would likely go for the nemo over the par38 though.

P.s. if you take your time, you can usually pick up a really good light in the classifieds for a great price.

Ive been lookin....i have no corals just yet just a percula. So, i suppose i could wait til somethin comes up.
  • Like 2