ReefCleaners.org

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

Did you kill it with fire ?!? Acan's are looking splendid though !!!!

No, it's still there. I just moved the acans down onto the lower part of the rock/sand so they are out of reach. They look like they're recovering but aren't quite up to eating mysis yet. Some of the heads can eat but others don't, so I'm feeding them reef roids and calanus shrimp.

Glad to see the Fuz is still alive!

Yes, it's doing great! It's busy encrusting in the shadowed area right now. It should be interesting to see how it starts branching out once it gets a good base going.

So far, so good, with the mushroom rock. The really little bleached one in the lower right came from a really dark corner. I found him when I pulled out one of the others. Fingers crossed that he makes it :)

21556631658_18409ac618_b.jpgRic Rock by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Bonus photobomb from GBG #1 :wub:

And, my yellow scroll coral got stung by the hammer in the 4g tank, so I moved it into the frag tank to recover. All it did in there was grow algae, so I finally moved it in here. Twenty four hours later, the snails took care of all the algae and it's looking better already.

• Like 8

How do your ric's do with flow ?! I've been thinking of getting into the mushroom game a bit but have moderately heavy flow,not even my Acan's like it lol.

They don't like much flow. Once they are securely attached they will tolerate a bit, just enough to make them wave in the breeze. It helps a lot if they are snuggled up in a low spot though. My acans are fine with much more flow than the rics.
  • Like 1

I got the new camera today omgomgomg

3-D automatic focus tracking is awesome for taking pictures of clowns. What used to take about 100 shots took me a total of three shots tonight :)

Here's Humphrey:

21230426043_fc82bf083a_b.jpgHumphrey by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And...three more shots later, here's Dilbert:

21861184171_5017b8514f_b.jpgDilbert by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 9
reefernanoman

I got the new camera today omgomgomg3-D automatic focus tracking is awesome for taking pictures of clowns. What used to take about 100 shots took me a total of three shots tonight :)Here's Humphrey:21230426043_fc82bf083a_b.jpgHumphrey by TeenyReef, on FlickrAnd...three more shots later, here's Dilbert:21861184171_5017b8514f_b.jpgDilbert by TeenyReef, on Flickr

New camera? Which one?

• Like 1

Teenyreef, do you think a Fusion 10 would be adequate for a neon dottyback? I'm looking for something small to go alongside my new tank and this will fit perfectly on my PC desk next to my "battlestation."

• Like 1

New camera? Which one?

Nikon D5500, with the new version of the 18-55 kit lens. I love it so far!

Man that looks awesome!!!!

Thanks, smiz!

Aww Dilbert has freckles! Has someone been hosting in something??? :lol:

Yes, he hosts in practically everything. The GSP, the zoas and palys, and sometimes in the hammer. I'm pretty sure he gets the freckles from the hammer, though.

Teenyreef, do you think a Fusion 10 would be adequate for a neon dottyback? I'm looking for something small to go alongside my new tank and this will fit perfectly on my PC desk next to my "battlestation."

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with that particular fish. But I've found that my IM10 can handle a pretty high bioload for a 10g tank - I use the InTank media rack with floss and carbon, and the Desktop Ghost skimmer. I've got the two clowns, two green banded gobies, one pink streaked wrasse, and bunches of snails and a few hermits. I used to have some big starfish and green and emerald crabs, too. That's a lot for a 10g and my corals have always done fine.

This guy is coloring up nicely :)

21866259422_4e584440a4_b.jpgAcro by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Blasto Merlettis enjoying an evening meal of mysis shrimp:

21690356078_1e5206b851_b.jpgBlasto Merlettis by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 5

If you have other fish, watch the dottyback. They are surprisingly aggressive for such a small fish!

• Like 1

Hi Teeny

I am currently running a Tunze 6020 for circulation on my Fusion 10, the 6020 is not controllable and it blasts some of the inhabitants that are closest, I am considering changing out the pump to a MP10 and I have a Apex Jr. I noticed you were running a MP10, and have an Apex. Are you controlling the MP10 with your Apex, what do you think of the setup?

• Like 1