ReefCleaners.org

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

I love the color of your grape monti it'd be a shame to break it. Do you have a curved syringe or curved forceps that you could use to break them free and then suck up with some airline tubing?

:pout: where was my virtual beer? I suggested it a couple posts prior to Harry. :P lol. I'm glad you got it out of there! I hate those little bubble!

• Like 1

:pout: where was my virtual beer? I suggested it a couple posts prior to Harry. :P lol. I'm glad you got it out of there! I hate those little bubble!

Oops, you're right! Virtual beer for you too! Virtual beer for everyone! cheers.gif

They actually had two. I should have bought both...they seemed kinda close. I probably broke up a great love affair :blush:.

Darn. Pinky and Pinkette?

• Like 2

Uh, oh, new page! The monti caps are doing really well. I especially like how the idaho grape is coming up inside the green.

You would never know that I broke off several large chunks about a month ago from both of them. I saved the frags in my frag tank, but they've lost their color. I'm still figuring out how to run the frag tank so that sps keeps color and I don't have tons of algae. Hopefully I can post some frags for sale some day...

20860117378_516caeeeb0_b.jpgMonti Caps by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 14

The color on those entwining is just superb!

Wow, those colors are so bright! Hopefully the purple keeps growing like that!

Well, I have to admit, after looking at the picture online, the cell phone camera did something funky with the white balance in this shot. It's not really quite that purple in real life. :blush: You can tell that it's not quite right when you look at the coralline on the rocks to the right - they're almost like a day-glo fluorescent purple color. I tried fixing the color balance but it's not RAW and it just won't come out right.

It's still a really pretty purple, just not quite as PURPLE as it looks in this shot.

On the other hand, the green monti really is that exact shade of vibrant, glowing green :D

Try and graft 2 pieces,the green and purple. That'd be sick !!!

Nice idea! I've never tried to graft corals, but I've certainly got plenty of frags to try it with :)

I have no idea how this happened. The purple fuzz had a little frag just laying there when I get ready to feed the tank tonight. So I glued it onto a rock in the 4g tank. It's in kind of a dark corner but it will be interesting to see if it does anything in there :)

21044190992_54d3c81e5b_b.jpgPurple Fuzz Frag by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 4

Uh, oh, new page! The monti caps are doing really well. I especially like how the idaho grape is coming up inside the green.

You would never know that I broke off several large chunks about a month ago from both of them. I saved the frags in my frag tank, but they've lost their color. I'm still figuring out how to run the frag tank so that sps keeps color and I don't have tons of algae. Hopefully I can post some frags for sale some day...

You've got two awesome pieces here, WOW! :D I think the thing I find most impressive is the lack of detritus; do you have to frequently blow off any junk, or does it just not collect there?

• Like 1

You've got two awesome pieces here, WOW! :D I think the thing I find most impressive is the lack of detritus; do you have to frequently blow off any junk, or does it just not collect there?

Thanks - I don't really have much of a problem with detritus. The only time I have to blow them off is after I stir up the sand. I think it's because they are up high and I have good flow from the MP10. But in general, I have noticed in both my tanks that when everything is healthy, there's not much stuff to blow off the rocks and corals in general. Something just eats it all :unsure:

put me in line for frags :D lol

I hope too! My poor frag tank got taken over by algae and I think I had the new light way too bright. I've got about a dozen monti frags but they look like poo. Really faded poo, with no color :o

• Like 2

Thank you! I usually keep it at 3 or 4. When I'm stirring up the sand, I turn it up to 5 or 6 to get the detritus suspended and moving into the filter.

Those monti caps are spectacular! I always have to blow sandy detritus off mine

Thanks! I just started following your build thread. Your tank is spectacular! I love the colors and the beautiful growth shots :wub:

That's awesome to know,it's such a pretty fish. I may have to try one once I get my 7gallon set up.

You need to post some more Acan shots though :D

I got some acan shots tonight just for you :)

20454402504_cd1f58d5d8_b.jpgAcans by TeenyReef, on Flickr

20888940750_24667f1d8e_b.jpg20150901-untitled-003.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

This last one's a little sad. The ric on the right side of the picture came over one day and stung the bejeezus out of the rainbow acan. :rant: Fortunately it couldn't reach all the heads, and the original head is starting to come back.

21084681081_23d977cff9_b.jpg20150901-untitled-001.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 7
reefernanoman

Beauty! It looks like they are dancing.

FTS?

• Like 2