Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

If not presoaked, float they will. Much harder to get tumbling going as pellets will float to the top. I was also told that AIO biopellets take time to get noticeable increase in nitrogen reduction.

Ya, they did that too, but only a few of them. I shake the reactor a little bit every day with flow off.

They are all tumbling gently now, no floaters. Still think some bottled Zeo bacteria might jump start them.

They look like rabbit food. Not like other bio pellets.

• Like 1

Ya, they did that too, but only a few of them. I shake the reactor a little bit every day with flow off.

They are all tumbling gently now, no floaters. Still think some bottled Zeo bacteria might jump start them.

They look like rabbit food. Not like other bio pellets.

Are you using it on new or established tank set up? The way I have it set up is: DIY fuge > AIO pellets reactor > skimmer. Other side of AIO tank includes floss, macro algea chamber and chemi-pure blue. It wasn't new setup when I introduced AIO pellets tho.

BTW have you seen this video: Testing the AIO BioPellets - ReefKeeping Video by…:

And yes those pellets do look like rabbit food lol

edit: Wait a minute… you made a top. I remember seeing it now. What happened?!

I had the top off, I was doing random things in the tank, feeding, moving things around. I was probably making tea or something when it happened. Walked back to my desk which is next to the tank, looked right at the barnacles and din't see him. I knew immediately something was wrong. walked to the tank...... and stepped on him.......

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

I had the top off, I was doing random things in the tank, feeding, moving things around. I was probably making tea or something when it happened. Walked back to my desk which is next to the tank, looked right at the barnacles and din't see him. I knew immediately something was wrong. walked to the tank...... and stepped on him.......

OOOOOO nooooooo! That's the worst. Sorry to hear that Kat.

9yf0Y9A.jpg

• Like 4
How long did your aio's take to bed in? I'm probably gonna run mine side by side with my current bio pellets and just not top those up when they get consumed

What do you mean by bed in?

:slap:

obviously barefoot, she would be far more upset if he gunked up her heels.

ps: sorry about geeeeooogyeee* my little clown gobies I added the other day are nowhere to be found. Doubting their survival, crap disappears to easily in my rock pile.

OH NOES! Sad...

• Like 1