Top Shelf Aquatics

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

nanoreeFan

Does any other company measure par above water? I didn't know if this was common in the industry or not since they do not mention this detail. Thanks in advance.

jedimasterben

Does any other company measure par above water? I didn't know if this was common in the industry or not since they do not mention this detail. Thanks in advance.

Every PAR reading you see for every light is sans water.

HarryPotter

At this point no, the reasoning I bought the prime was price and it looked similar to my AI Nano, in which when I finally figured out after 3 years how to set it correctly it turned all my frags into colonies over the next year.

Can you post/share your AI Nano secrets? Ive been struggling to get anything good with it :(

Just found out something odd with the prime.. I've been using the lunar mode and set the hours beween 11:30pm to 3am but it actually affected the light during the whole 24 hour program cycle! I was playing with manual mode and I didn't understand how the light was actually at least 3-4 times brighter in that mode than my auto mode.. Turned off Lunar, and BAM, light back to it's normal percentages. I've been using this light at 10-20% on mostly all channels for a week now and didn't even realize it.. No wonder I was beginning to think this thing is not nearly as bright as my par38 lights!

Give this a try folks. Turn off lunar mode.

Can you post/share your AI Nano secrets? Ive been struggling to get anything good with it :(

Sure, Just as my post said with settings I basically turned the light on at 10AM shut it off at 8PM (Used Apex Controller) My settings where I had all the improvement were W@40 B/RB@85 on Stock mount it came with. Prior to that I had the B/RB down in the 40 range with the Whites not realizing I needed to keep ramping those up. That made all the difference, it somewhat reminds me of the Kessil as you would just assume the white is the intensity and the B/RB would be our color

AI Service

FWIW, there is no droop with any mounting kit that is being shipped from from our factory at this time. If you have a kit with droop, just contact us and we'll get you taken care of.

• Like 3
SouthFlorida_Tron

Sorry guys (ai) but I had two brackets, both droopy, even with the updated ball. Light rocks but mount not so much, not pleasing to the eye either.

I just got my mounting arm. I was expecting to have issues with it but it actually holds up really well- no drooping problems here. I ordered mine off of Amazon.

AI Service

Sorry guys (ai) but I had two brackets, both droopy, even with the updated ball. Light rocks but mount not so much, not pleasing to the eye either.

I remember you experienced issues with the very first shipment. Give us a call and we'll fix you up with the latest parts and I assure you that there will be no droop plus you'll be able to move the light around to any position at any time and it will stay there. The mechanism has become a lot better.

AI Service

Is AI accepting returns at this time? I still have the original box for this thing and it's still unregistered.

Call us up to discuss anything:

515-233-5105

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Is AI accepting returns at this time? I still have the original box for this thing and it's still unregistered.

Why would AI accept a return? They didn't sell it to you, you'd need to take it up with the retailer.

Not sure why, but they ( AI )offered me a refund when I called to discuss the situation. Of course mine are still in the original packaging, but I was offered a full refund on two lights and two mounts.

Why would AI accept a return? They didn't sell it to you, you'd need to take it up with the retailer.

Not sure why, but they ( AI )offered me a refund when I called to discuss the situation. Of course mine are still in the original packaging, but I was offered a full refund on two lights and two mounts.

Because they screwed up and are offering great customer service. I sent mine back. Still had the box. They also offered to send me a few parts I needed for a Radion free of charge after I asked about applying my refund to the parts I need. I'm in no way mad at AI/Ecotech. Hell I just bought 2 new MP10wQD pumps from them. Just didn't need a $230 fuge light. I'll give Dave at Nanobox my money for that. :)

Because they screwed up and are offering great customer service. I sent mine back. Still had the box. They also offered to send me a few parts I needed for a Radion free of charge. I'm in no way mad at AI/Ecotech. Just didn't need a $230 fuge light. I'll give Dave at Nanobox my money for that. :)

I'm not upset with them at all. They handled it exactly the way I thought they would. I'm also thinking about going with the NB quad route over my I'm 30l.

• Like 1

I just contacted AI and they seem like they're more than happy to offer a refund. I just need to go to the retailer and get a copy of my sales receipt so I can submit the request.

• Like 1
phillyclownfish

Was checking out my tank this morning and it looks like some of my Zoas have grown and are moving from like weeds to another rock.

nanoreeFan

"full refund on two lights and two mounts."

Wow that's some good customer service. A rare sight these days. Thanks AI for getting on the forum here and taking the time to post.

• Like 1
AI Service

Just to put some of this whole PAR talk into perspective...

The PAR graph initially released was collected at 8" and our marketing guys made a mistake and had the wrong label on it (12"). However, the output of the light is still best in class when compared to other lights available. The data below is all taken at 12" and makes it clear just how well the Prime stacks up. This is no 'fuge light, lol.

prime_vs_spotlights.png