Coral Vue Hydros

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

reefernanoman

Anyone care to share some before/after pics of their coral growth/coloration after a few months? The PRIME seems to be working pretty well for most.

Is anyone using the Prime over a Fusion 20? Anyone care to share their settings? Im fiddling around with mine, although I'm still waiting for my media baskets and RODI unit so I'm just lighting the rock atm xD

lol...I ultimately went with 2x Nano Box Duos. Ended the indecisiveness and paid the man!

I've wanted a Nano Box for awhile due to the color spectrum the light puts out...it looks warmer. Just couldn't get around the cost thing...but F it...I splurged and actually bought the exact thing that I wanted without compromise for once.

• Like 3

lol...I ultimately went with 2x Nano Box Duos. Ended the indecisiveness and paid the man!

I've wanted a Nano Box for awhile due to the color spectrum the light puts out...it looks warmer. Just couldn't get around the cost thing...but F it...I splurged and actually bought the exact thing that I wanted without compromise for once.

Good choice! That is exactly what I did with setting up my current Fusion. There were so many "toys" I wanted on my BioCube that I never got. Then said "eff it" and decided to go with all the goodies... Apex, NB Duo, MP10w, etc

• Like 2
soeminpaing

The main decision I bought AI prime for my fusion 20 is I can add another one later. Buying tank, stand and all the other accessories inculding RODI made my pocket really flat. So it is a logical choice to buy one AI and add a second later without resorting to chinese brand fixture. I just recieved mine today and happy with it. And the mount.... it sucks. I just contact AI. I just have to wait and see how this play out. The mount kinda lower my mood and if it was not for the mount I would give AI all stars rating for the prime. And the cool white LEDs do not seem like cool white to me. Kinda around 8000K to my eyes. I have seen chinese fixture cool white which litreally wash out the color but not with prime.

• Like 1
Partially Submerged

I just got my Prime through a seller on Amazon. When I plug it in, it makes two bright flashes and the "AI" light comes on. The app first found the light but wasn't able to connect (kept going back and forth between "scanning" and "connecting"), finally said no Prime was found. Is this bad news? Does the flashing happen when you guys plug your Prime in?

I just got my Prime through a seller on Amazon. When I plug it in, it makes two bright flashes and the "AI" light comes on. The app first found the light but wasn't able to connect (kept going back and forth between "scanning" and "connecting"), finally said no Prime was found. Is this bad news? Does the flashing happen when you guys plug your Prime in?

Yes the flashing when the unit is plugged in is normal.
  • Like 1

For some reason they are hard to connect the first time. It took mine probably 20 mins until it connected. I did end up sending it back to AI to get my money back though. haha

• Like 1

You never know what sorts of gremlins lurk. Mine connected first time and has reliably connected since, iPhone, Mac, and Win.

They sure could use some documentation though. I have no idea how to get the moonlight working. I read a post here, and though it was thorough, still confused.

soeminpaing

Mine.

I leave 1 percent blue when all light become 0 so it work like a moonlight. No idea how the lunar mode work. Storm mode is pretty cool. Coral acclimization is no need since I have screen mesh and it blocks quite a lot of light.

post-88143-0-54883700-1434674747_thumb.jpg

post-88143-0-31432700-1434674893_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

Would the mount allow it to attach to a tank 6-7" wide, or would it hang over that width. I want to put one on a 24"x6x7. I know they say18" max, but my maxis will just move to there spot. Darker edges are ok. I'd like to see one on a 24" tank!

soeminpaing

My tank is IM fusion 20 . 24x15x13H inches. I think it is ok with 8 inches width tank but you will have light spill. It definitely can cover 24x24 inches without significant darkening at the edges if you mount it at highest length allowed by the mount. I attach a pic of mount for u to see. The screw are put in the groove and it is quite close to the ball socket so u might be ok.

post-88143-0-53245900-1434675468_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

My tank is IM fusion 20 . 24x15x13H inches. with 8 inches width tank but you will have light spill. It definitely can cover 24x24 inches without significant darkening at the edges if you mount it at highest length allowed by the mount. I attach a pic of mount for u to see. The screw are put in the groove and it is quite close to the ball socket so u might be ok.

Thanks! Maybe I'll call or send AI a message asking. I think it's pretty sweet for $200 with wifi and no controller to funk around with.

Partially Submerged

Thanks, guys! Whew! I was worried I had to send the light back after waiting almost two weeks for it.

Mine is all set up. Haven't had much time to play with the settings, but once the Prime connected, everything went smoothly. Light looks great so far, and the mount works like a charm. Very good. k025.gif

I know this is hard to say, but did anyone here come from using Par30s? My Prime replaced two 14W Par30s over a 20x20x12. I have no idea in what percent range to start the Prime. The Par30s pack a surprising punch, so I am thinking something in the 60% average. Would that be too much, you think?

Mine is all set up. Haven't had much time to play with the settings, but once the Prime connected, everything went smoothly. Light looks great so far, and the mount works like a charm. Very good. k025.gif

I know this is hard to say, but did anyone here come from using Par30s? My Prime replaced two 14W Par30s over a 20x20x12. I have no idea in what percent range to start the Prime. The Par30s pack a surprising punch, so I am thinking something in the 60% average. Would that be too much, you think?

I found with the Prime i got a vastly improved results when switching to the 20K @ 100% Settings (Set in the Defaults) Best of all you can start out at those levels without burning your corals out and leave it. If you can't find how to switch to 20K in the Settings you can do it manually W@17 G@17 R@17 DB/CB/V/UV @ 100 <- during the last month I set that up it goes on at 10am ramps and hour before ramping down for an hour at 6:00pm.

soeminpaing

I was afraid of using 100 on prime. I have bad experience with LED burn out on chinese fixture. I put mine on max at 65-70 striking for 16K look. AI has good customer care. I contact them and they will send me a bigger ball joint. I hope it turn out well.

PaultheAddict

After reading lots of AI prime, I was super excited to unbox my white AI prime an hr ago. Right after I plugged it in, synced with my iPhone to control the light, as the lights turned on for the first time I noticed obnoxiously loud buzzing noise that I believe is coming from the fan area. ( I watched the instruction video and read up to make sure I stay the hell away from the metal grill on top of the fan).

After playing with the manual settings, I realized that the noise only comes on when I turn white or blue anywhere from 1%-99%.. Is this normal? I watched videos on YouTube and everyone else's light doesn't seem to be making loud noises. Which makes me feel totally disappointed, I guess I shouldn't have been super excited about it.. Makes it even more frustrating.

After reading lots of AI prime, I was super excited to unbox my white AI prime an hr ago. Right after I plugged it in, synced with my iPhone to control the light, as the lights turned on for the first time I noticed obnoxiously loud buzzing noise that I believe is coming from the fan area. ( I watched the instruction video and read up to make sure I stay the hell away from the metal grill on top of the fan).

After playing with the manual settings, I realized that the noise only comes on when I turn white or blue anywhere from 1%-99%.. Is this normal? I watched videos on YouTube and everyone else's light doesn't seem to be making loud noises. Which makes me feel totally disappointed, I guess I shouldn't have been super excited about it.. Makes it even more frustrating.

Your certainly not the first to notice it, there have been several people mentioning it on this thread and I think they called AI and got a replacement. You might be able to do it at store level even for quicker turn around. I never had that problem with mine personally I can turn all channels up to 100% without any noise which means it's probably not supposed to be doing that.

• Like 1
PaultheAddict

Your certainly not the first to notice it, there have been several people mentioning it on this thread and I think they called AI and got a replacement. You might be able to do it at store level even for quicker turn around. I never had that problem with mine personally I can turn all channels up to 100% without any noise which means it's probably not supposed to be doing that.

Thanks Exodus. I'll give AI a call tomorrow