Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

jedimasterben

Yow. However, the rock work can bring it back up to 12" or less for a 13" deep tank.

At that point, though, a coral is not going to have much room for growth :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
phillyclownfish

Have had the prime for awhile now and recently bought a rainbow bubble tip nem and so far no issues. Still has great color and nice bubbles. It actually moved farther away from the light then were I originally placed it.

Has anyone found a better mounting option for these yet? Mine doesn't have any issue with the ball joint, but I can't put my aquarium along the wall because the mounting arm sticks out so far behind on a fusion 10.

Has anyone found a better mounting option for these yet? Mine doesn't have any issue with the ball joint, but I can't put my aquarium along the wall because the mounting arm sticks out so far behind on a fusion 10.

Hang it. I think the hanging kit is only $19.

I've built a few wall mounts for myself and other reefers

3ea21158293487dc695592538428fe0c.jpg

42d2f94e42b97a018e0924c17dd410a5.jpg

• Like 1

What percentage would you say that an IM mesh top cuts from PAR?

Hmm, very inaccurate here, but that picture makes it look like the holes are maybe 4-5 times wider than the width of the plastic. Assuming that light does not penetrate the plastic, and assuming that all light that touches the plastic is deflected away, that'd be 20-25% reduction. I suspect that the actual reduction is much lower.

jedimasterben

I suspect that the actual reduction is much lower.

And you are correct, the actual number would be in the 1-3% range since nearly all of the space is open.

And you are correct, the actual number would be in the 1-3% range since nearly all of the space is open.

Going by the provided picture, it appears that much less than 97% of the space is open imo. Those pieces of plastic are very thick.

jedimasterben

Going by the provided picture, it appears that much less than 97% of the space is open imo. Those pieces of plastic are very thick.

I've measured some that were very similar to it and had a negligible loss. It does seem like it would be more, but it's really not.

• Like 1

Ok, noob question. I just got my Ai prime. I was able to connect to it, and configure it via the web UI. Then I connected it to my network. All good from a browser. I even have a password set.

However, when trying to connect to it via the iOS app, it is buggy as hell, or its just me.

I open the app and it asks me to login. Logged in. Try to scan for the Prime and it can't find one. I click other and type in the Name, serial number, etc, and it says Logged out. You are no longer logged in.

Any clues?

I was able to reset the network settings, but that didnt help. Any way to completely reset the prime to factory settings?

Then if I stay logged out, it finds the prime. Click on it to connect and says You're logged out. Grrr.

I had similar issues, I ended up setting it up through my computer, and since then I've been fine. You have to connect to the prime first, then it will prompt to connect back to your own wifi, which should set the prime up on your wifi. After that, you can connect with your phone on your own network and shouldn't need to keep logging in.

I had similar issues, I ended up setting it up through my computer, and since then I've been fine. You have to connect to the prime first, then it will prompt to connect back to your own wifi, which should set the prime up on your wifi. After that, you can connect with your phone on your own network and shouldn't need to keep logging in.

Weird. It works fine from the browser. From the App it uses the cloud connection rather than the local. But whatever.

Another issue, I have everything setup using the easy setup. It shows the graphs correctly. However if I want to modify one small piece and go to Easy setup again, it resets it all to default. Very annoying!

Anyone else have this issue?

CKrM9rul.png
SUhby8sl.png
@AI - Suggestions?

Weird. It works fine from the browser. From the App it uses the cloud connection rather than the local. But whatever.

Another issue, I have everything setup using the easy setup. It shows the graphs correctly. However if I want to modify one small piece and go to Easy setup again, it resets it all to default. Very annoying!

Anyone else have this issue?

I noticed the same thing when I set mine up. You can make the change you want manually without using the easy setup using the graph in your picture. I am getting used to using that and once you learn to manipulate it, it's pretty easy and intuitive.

Edit: Recent over-exposed FTS, loving this light so far. This is a 18" long tank and the coverage is good. LPS and softies on the edge. The acan on the right is loving life.

20150805_223706300_iOS.jpg

Hey just wondering about the saggy mount. Has anyone gotten the "fix" from AI, and installed it? If so what is it, and did it work? Im probably going to buy a prime used, and the guy said it has 3 black washers that he thinks is the fix but he's never tried it. I don't want to buy the mount and have it be the saggy when I could buy a new one and it won't have the issue. thanks

• Like 1
phillyclownfish

Hey just wondering about the saggy mount. Has anyone gotten the "fix" from AI, and installed it? If so what is it, and did it work? Im probably going to buy a prime used, and the guy said it has 3 black washers that he thinks is the fix but he's never tried it. I don't want to buy the mount and have it be the saggy when I could buy a new one and it won't have the issue. thanks

AI sent me the new washers and they do work but over time I noticed the same issue. It took like two months for the same issue to happen again and it was because I moved the tank and hit the light. I just created my own fix for it. Used the adhesive tabs for my quiet drive to fix the sag issue.

So I'm not sure if this has already been answered somewhere but I am having trouble connecting to the AI prime I got today. When I try to sign in with my computer it asks me for a password. When I enter the password it automatically deletes it and that is far as I get. There is no reset password or anything like that on the screen. When I try to log in with the MyAI app it detects the light but when I start the set up it says "You are no longer logged in. Please return to the main menu and log in again." I can't do this without disconnecting from the AI network and reconnecting to my normal wifi. Then when I log in under the normal wifi I have to then reconnect to the AI light network which automatically logs me out and then I get the same notification as before. If anyone could offer some advice on how to connect to my light with either my phone or computer it would be highly appreciated.

So I figured it out if this happens to anyone else. What I did was unplug the light and then as I plugged it back in I simultaneously held the button down for ten seconds which does a hard factory reset. They recommend this as a option of last resort but it fixed all the problems I was having and the light linked right up afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for advice. I have an 8 gallon cube with soft corals. Kenya trees,Red Sea Xenia, zoa, shrooms and a frogspawn. I've had the uv and violet settings low to adjust to some new corals and was wondering what an appropriate amount would be in order to grow but not bleach. After doing some reading wondering why growth has been low it seems my previous setting of uv and violet were low,in the 20s.

What's your two cents please?

Looking for advice. I have an 8 gallon cube with soft corals. Kenya trees,Red Sea Xenia, zoa, shrooms and a frogspawn. I've had the uv and violet settings low to adjust to some new corals and was wondering what an appropriate amount would be in order to grow but not bleach. After doing some reading wondering why growth has been low it seems my previous setting of uv and violet were low,in the 20s.

What's your two cents please?

I don't know what percentage to put those at but I remember reading a post awhile back that may help you.

The post stated that the user wasnt getting much growth, He switched from using manual light power inputs to using the preset Kelvin Temps. He used 10K-20K and he started getting better growth. If you go to the app, or the program on AI.com and set it to the Kelvin temps, you can also look and see what each individual channel is set to power wise, so that will give you an idea of the power output the UV and Violets. Hope this helps

Does anyone have a picture of the replacement that AI is sending out to fix the SAG or drooping problem on the arm mount?

Having issues with new corals, a torch and red shrooms. All my other corals seem happy even after I cranked up the uv and violet to near full blast. Why are the new corals doing poorly? Settings too intense? 8 gallon. Mounted @ lowest setting.

Lower flow and they are on the sand

????

Having issues with new corals, a torch and red shrooms. All my other corals seem happy even after I cranked up the uv and violet to near full blast. Why are the new corals doing poorly? Settings too intense? 8 gallon. Mounted @ lowest setting.

Lower flow and they are on the sand

????

I would suggest not to go over 50% intensity on the LED'S because they are very powerful. I don't have an AI, but I have managed to bleach corals (even SPS) in both my 28g and 10g tanks. 8G is a very small volume of water. I would crank everything down to at least 30% and see if your animals do better. Mine always come back after that. Then you can start going 5% increments once a week until you hit 50%(if your corals can take it). Good luck.